Raider Injury/COVID Report

RaidersAreOne

8 hours ago, Turnobili said:

it was certainly hyperbolic, but it still plays on the assumption that the cooper pick was a failed one

I was just trying to be funny and keep it to WRs.  I was a huge Cooper fan but drafting him at #4 and then trading him with the assumption he did not want to be here sucked.  Not saying he fails at being a good WR but at #4 you would hope for a player that can help you team turn it around for the next decade.  So if we draft another Bama WR, this time at #12, and it does not work out for any reason then I sense another theme.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

If we're drafting a LB in round 1 then one of Kwit or Littleton wasn't as good as advertised. 

Not at all.  If we’re picking in the early 20s and a talented LB like Moses is still there, and we’ve already shored up DT, it’s a solid pick. 

Moses is a playmaker and could play SAM, a position we have ZERO talent at.  I don’t buy this 4-2-5 defense many on here have pushed.  Only reason we go that route is because we only have 2 talented LBs.  Yes, with more passing throughout the league teams pull a LB for a DB more often these days.  But the base 4-3 is still played something like 45% of the time and would be played more often if we had 3 talented LBs, especially with 2 who can cover as good as Littleton and Moses.

I’d only advocate for drafting Moses if the other defensive weaknesses are filled in FA and it’s a high value pick given where we’re drafting.

I suspect we’ll have greater needs than drafting a LB in round 1.  I think we go DT or S in round 1.  

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Hate to say it but I would expect Kwiat to be out for the majority of the season. We know it’s a pec issue. We saw two torn pecs last year and both of those players missed majority of the season. Just hope it’s not torn. 

Man that is painful. Having to watch morrow play is gonna hurt. 

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Hate to say it but I would expect Kwiat to be out for the majority of the season. We know it’s a pec issue. We saw two torn pecs last year and both of those players missed majority of the season. Just hope it’s not torn. 

That would be a massive loss, not from the perspective he is a star player but I think he's the glue guy in the middle and the guy with the green dot who gets us in position and communicating. Really hope it's a minor injury and that Ruggs was just running gingerly on the ankle rather than a ligament injury or something long term.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

They do have McMillan and if he’s out for a while Littleton I assume would take over getting the defense set. 

Burfict makes zero sense and would be dumb imo. One hit away from being suspended. That ship has sailed 🛳 

Thought Morrow got the green dot yesterday and was calling the plays ? 

46 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

They do have McMillan and if he’s out for a while Littleton I assume would take over getting the defense set. 

Burfict makes zero sense and would be dumb imo. One hit away from being suspended. That ship has sailed 🛳 

That’s a little harsh.... if we lose Kwiatkoski we’re pretty F’d and Burfict prolly isn’t a top choice but far from the absolute worst option.