Raider Injury/COVID Report

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Both aren’t playing tho. When did Ritchie look good....last year? Did he even finish the season last year? They both look good when they play but I don’t remember last time Ritchie played Trent played vs kc and prolly would’ve played last week if not the iv issue. I’m done with both of them 

Richie played 12 games last year for us at a borderline All-Pro level. This year he played a couple before getting injured. 

Lmao at all those Trent Brown supporters who convinced themselves that he was coming back and wanted to be here.  All signs showed he had mailed it in a long time ago: from coming into camp super fat to chronic minor injuries that kept him out of camp to missing games left and right... and oh yeah violating the Covid tracing rules by removing his monitor.  He wouldn’t have done this had his salary not been guaranteed.

We’d “be lucky” if he ever played another game for us.  But I think we’d be better off just cutting him right now.  We don’t need him and he’s not going to be on the team after the first day of the new league year.

Sure he was good when he played but he can be replaced.... easily.  Whether that is in FA or in the draft IDK but there’s plenty of options.  We had the opportunity to cut him for conduct detrimental to the team and send his contract to the attribution process but that possibility is over now.  We easily could have settled for 1/2 Of the remaining proration on his 21.5M salary and thus saved 8-9M.  

• Like 1

I am not going to jump on Trent this time until I fond out what the complications are.  He could be milking it but the are some serious complications people get sometimes after the virus clears itself.  With it only being a month I am not sure what it is but it is possible it could be heart related.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2020 at 6:35 AM, agarcia34 said:

Bro you cannot be serious with that last part of your message. How do you even think of that. Just mind blown by the utter stupidity i just read. 

Brown made several Very Ignorant Twitter posts this offseason.  Maybe your not familiar with them, but I am.  That’s where I’m basing by comments on.  If you want to criticize me: get in line.... it’s reaching around the block already.  But the truth is the truth and Brown clearly is a person who seeks victim status and doesn’t have inner strength.  And that’s the truth and not just because we don’t Align politically.  Outside of a bad IV.... when has be shown and toughness.... never.  He’s a fat slob who never plays when he’s hurt and leaves games instead of fighting thru the injury.  The guys a softy and mentally weak.  

Edited by jimkelly02

On 11/6/2020 at 9:38 AM, NCOUGHMAN said:

What’s ya boy Ritchie’s excuse then? 

When did I make an excuse for Ritchie?  Seems like your just taking sides and looking to be argumentative.  Ritchie absolutely needs to get back on the field.  If he doesn’t prove he can stay healthy the second half of the season we should let him retire or cut him.  We have enough depth at G (crazy Depth with Good and Simpson) that for us to decide to keep Ritchie he needs to play the rest of the year and play at a high level.... or it’s time to more on.

The only thing I ever said about Incognito is that I wouldn’t totally count him out for next season. If he does what I said above a tough decision will need to be made.  If he plays 8/8 of the remaining games at a near All-Pro level then one could make an argument that Jackson should be cut due to salary and Good/Simpson should play RG with Incognito and a mid round draft pick at LG.  But for that discussion to even begin Incognito has to finish the year healthy and dominating.

Edited by jimkelly02

Such a shame. Trent is a big time difference maker, but he is making us play the backup 60 percent of the season. I have given him the benefit of the doubt, but it does seem that he is becoming a player who can't stay on the field.

I would like someone to do a sit down interview so we could get some insight to what's going on. The political stuff is something he seems to be motivating off. I hope not, but it seems like he is in the I take care of myself camp. He doesn't seem like he is team first.

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Really hope AI is alright and can suit up soon. Who is our backup FB? Moreau? 

Tafur (I think) said Gruden is concerned and that we’ll be trying out FBs this week. Doesn’t look good.

Edited by Nightmare