Raider Injury/COVID Report

RaidersAreOne

42 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Carr is off the injury report and my interest for the game just died. Not a knock on Carr, but the season is over and would like a longer look at MM. 

I do want to see him finish and shred the Dolphins and Broncos because this team sucks in December. Probably selfish of me but i want a winning season for once.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I do want to see him finish and shred the Dolphins and Broncos because this team sucks in December. Probably selfish of me but i want a winning season for once.

Carr would not shred Miami’s Defense. It’s a better Pass D than Indy, and look what happened there. Best way to score on Miami is more mobile QBs like Kyler Murray, Josh Allen, and Russell Wilson. 

Pocket, or mostly pocket QBs, like Justin Herbert, Jimmy Garroppolo, Jared Goff all looked horrendous against Miami. Horrendous. 

And Mahomes had his worst game of the season against Miami. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Carr would not shred Miami’s Defense. It’s a better Pass D than Indy, and look what happened there. Best way to score on Miami is more mobile QBs like Kyler Murray, Josh Allen, and Russell Wilson. 

Pocket, or mostly pocket QBs, like Justin Herbert, Jimmy Garroppolo, Jared Goff all looked horrendous against Miami. Horrendous. 

You may be right. I'm more talking about finishing strong in general and coming out of the next 2 games with wins. Whether he puts up 400 yards or 200, if we execute i'll be happy.

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

You may be right. I'm more talking about finishing strong in general and coming out of the next 2 games with wins. Whether he puts up 400 yards or 200, if we execute i'll be happy.

Well I think Mariota gives us a better chance these next two games, not that I’m saying he’s better than Carr. Evidence has shown Mobile QBs are way better against Miami. And Carr has what, one win in Denver ever? Which was 2015 I think where we won like 12-10 or something, and that’s only cause Mack had 4 sacks in the second half. 

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Carr+injury = statue in the pocket aka short quick throws mostly to te’s and rb’s

39 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Well I think Mariota gives us a better chance these next two games, not that I’m saying he’s better than Carr. Evidence has shown Mobile QBs are way better against Miami. And Carr has what, one win in Denver ever? Which was 2015 I think where we won like 12-10 or something, and that’s only cause Mack had 4 sacks in the second half. 

All the more reason for Carr to play if he's healthy. IMO the evaluation is still ongoing for him. At least for me. I want to see what he's made of.

If he's hobbled, no point in playing him though. MM all the way then.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

All the more reason for Carr to play if he's healthy. IMO the evaluation is still ongoing for him. At least for me. I want to see what he's made of.

If he's hobbled, no point in playing him though. MM all the way then.

Disagree. We know who Carr is. 

We need to get a look at Mariota right now, while we have him super cheap next year. Him coming off the bench next year basically defeats the purpose. 

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

We need to get a look at Mariota right now, while we have him super cheap next year. Him coming off the bench next year basically defeats the purpose. 

Do we? Because I think he finally turned the corner this year, but I also think a decent chunk of the forum wants to move on. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

This it’s the same thing year after year. This year carr did more but still fell off in December gotta win in December when it counts and the pressure is on. Also I think carr benefited this year from empty stadiums. Boo birds always get in his head. He knows if mm balls he’s gone. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Carr drove the team down the field pretty well when he was in game... throwing the ball

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Do we? Because I think he finally turned the corner this year, but I also think a decent chunk of the forum wants to move on. 

I saw a Carr that took shots down field much more which was my biggest complaint. followed by using legs more which he did in some degree. 

I have no issues with how Carr has sued and more with getting conservative toward end of games or with leads. The defense has been the issue this year though even with RZ conversions.

• Like 1