Raider Injury/COVID Report

RaidersAreOne

39 minutes ago, roi34 said:

I saw a Carr that took shots down field much more which was my biggest complaint. followed by using legs more which he did in some degree. 

I have no issues with how Carr has sued and more with getting conservative toward end of games or with leads. The defense has been the issue this year though even with RZ conversions.

My biggest issue on offense this year has been the run blocking, followed by gruden in the RZ. 

The young WRs will only get better. The offense overall is definitely trending up.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

My biggest issue on offense this year has been the run blocking, followed by gruden in the RZ. 

The young WRs will only get better. The offense overall is definitely trending up.

The offense is still promising with Ruggs, Jacobs, Edwards, Renfrow, Waller, etc. Thats a young good group.

The offensive line needs some help though which sucks because we didn't capitalize on the dominant last few years. Now looking like it needs some rebuilding. Carr needs an elite o line to play well.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

The offense is still promising with Ruggs, Jacobs, Edwards, Renfrow, Waller, etc. Thats a young good group.

The offensive line needs some help though which sucks because we didn't capitalize on the dominant last few years. Now looking like it needs some rebuilding. Carr needs an elite o line to play well.

Can't call our OL elite when they can't run block to save their lives.

15 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think we all underestimated how good Incognito was.

I will say also that Jacobs may not be 100% or is just not attacking holes like he has. Booker looks more explosive when he comes in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

The OL is mainly fine. It may just be scheme.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The OL is mainly fine. It may just be scheme.

What scheme change from last year? Seemed a lot better last year when the pieces were healthy. This year injuries and run blocking regression. Last year the run blocking seemed fine. 

Edited by #1RAIDER FAN

6 minutes ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

What scheme change from last year? Seemed a lot better last year when the pieces were healthy. This year injuries and run blocking regression. Last year the run blocking seemed fine. 

I think the nfl just finally got a years worth of tape on josh. 

9 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Jacobs was banged up most of the season. His first appearance on the injury report happened on week 2. He got healthier around mid season then suffered a more severe injury at Atlanta.

Not saying whose fault it is but Jacobs has the 2nd lowest yard/carry in the top 25 RBs.  Gurley is the lowest at 3.5 Y/C but is ranked 23rd in total yards and Jacobs is 7th.  There are only 2 other RBs with under 4 Y/C Elliot and Gurley.  Jacobs is 3rd in carries so it shows we are not producing but not adapting either.

11 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Not saying whose fault it is but Jacobs has the 2nd lowest yard/carry in the top 25 RBs.  Gurley is the lowest at 3.5 Y/C but is ranked 23rd in total yards and Jacobs is 7th.  There are only 2 other RBs with under 4 Y/C Elliot and Gurley.  Jacobs is 3rd in carries so it shows we are not producing but not adapting either.

That's because Jacobs didn't break any long run.

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

That's because Jacobs didn't break any long run.

Wouldn't that be a problem also?  We have a RB that struggles to break long runs.  He has 250 carries.  His long of 24 yards ranks 83rd on the year and he is the only player with over 100 carries ranked that low.  The offense overall is doing good but with a RB that is suppose to be one of the best young backs combined with all the money spent on the o line something is not right.  I understand the injuries but we need to spread out the money more.  With what we have invested in the offense I would say it is playing below expectations.  It could be Gruden, Cable, Mayock, O-line, Carr, Jacobs, etc....  I do not know but we need to cut some dead weight and invest in the defense.

Watch Jacobs break one for 50+ tonight to make me look stupid.

Edited by drfrey13

42 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Wouldn't that be a problem also?  We have a RB that struggles to break long runs.  He has 250 carries.  His long of 24 yards ranks 83rd on the year and he is the only player with over 100 carries ranked that low.  The offense overall is doing good but with a RB that is suppose to be one of the best young backs combined with all the money spent on the o line something is not right.  I understand the injuries but we need to spread out the money more.  With what we have invested in the offense I would say it is playing below expectations.  It could be Gruden, Cable, Mayock, O-line, Carr, Jacobs, etc....  I do not know but we need to cut some dead weight and invest in the defense.

Watch Jacobs break one for 50+ tonight to make me look stupid.

Impossible without multiple wrs or foster blocking downfield to assist him. Josh is a solid 0% breakaway threat. That was my biggest criticism of him lack of top end speed. I compare josh to Montgomery from chi. Similar players but extremely different draft value 

That's a problem for this season but like i said Jacobs was listed with ankle, knee and hip injuries at various points and starting week 2. They weren't going to take away his carries because he wasn't able to hit a long run since he was still able to move the chains, score TDs and keep the offense on schedule. And i don't think the offense is playing below expectations at all. It's an offense without an elite QB and with an average WR group. It's limited.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Impossible without multiple wrs or foster blocking downfield to assist him. Josh is a solid 0% breakaway threat. That was my biggest criticism of him lack of top end speed. I compare josh to Montgomery from chi. Similar players but extremely different draft value 

He had 8 20+ runs last year and 2 this season. Leg injuries.