Raider Injury/COVID Report

RaidersAreOne

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We should sit Jacobs for the rest of the season and start Kizer the last two games to see if he has anything to offer. 

No reason we should risk furthering and possibly making his injury worse pull Jacobs for the season. Have him fresh healthy for next season with a new stadium and new QB

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Totty said:

No Trent, no Jacobs and no defense... I'm sure we'll get an honest look.  😂

A good offensive line, arguably the best TE in football, and a decent WR group with Williams/Jones/Renfrow. If Kizer can't at least show something with that group he's definitely not even in the discussion to be the guy. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gannon12 said:

No reason we should risk furthering and possibly making his injury worse pull Jacobs for the season. Have him fresh healthy for next season with a new stadium and new QB

Yeah he proved that he's the guy here long-term. Hopefully we can bring in a solid backup in the draft or free agency so he doesn't have to take a pounding again next season. 

6 minutes ago, Totty said:

No Trent, no Jacobs and no defense... I'm sure we'll get an honest look.  😂

Honestly, I wanted to see Kizer start just to get a look at him (though I don't expect much), but now I want Carr to start the last 2 games. Captain Checkdown wont have Jacobs keeping defenses honest. And with no Trent.... It's probably going to be VERY ugly..... 

Carr will have those last 2 games to think about for a long time afterwards. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

Maybe Najee Harris with one of our 3’s???? 
 Alabama RB duo

Took the name right out of my mouth. I mock him to the Raiders in the third round in every single mock that I do. Would love to bring Najee in to backup Jacobs with Richard as the third back. 

• Like 1

Just now, Steins Gate said:

Honestly, I wanted to see Kizer start just to get a look at him (though I don't expect much), but now I want Carr to start the last 2 games. Captain Checkdown wont have Jacobs keeping defenses honest. And with no Trent.... It's probably going to be VERY ugly..... 

Carr will have those last 2 games to think about for a long time afterwards. 

It’s going to get ugly fast. And if we are down by the end of the 2nd quarter and rushers running free on the right side it might be another Jets game raped in all phases. Carr elevates no one he rides the coattails of talented players. We still got Hudson incognito and Miller in there so Carr should be able to do something one would think but we know better. Receivers get open and he doesn’t even look.

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Took the name right out of my mouth. I mock him to the Raiders in the third round in every single mock that I do. Would love to bring Najee in to backup Jacobs with Richard as the third back. 

Najee looked really really good in the albeit 2 games* I watched this season. catching passes powering for first downs and scoring doesn’t look slow at all with a back his size. That would be a dangerous trio and our offense would flow through the run game. That gives me Tyrone Wheatley flash back days. Would be nice. All we need after that is a QB that can see the field and deliver. Bridgewater// Rookie or the like. 
I would have high hopes for the offense if we start fixing these glaring holes and you know Mayock sees it. Maybe Gruden’s QB shades came off this season with how poor Carr has played

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I would love Harris In the 3rd. I just don’t believe he’ll last that long. Very talented back who will rise throughout the draft process. He was the #1 RB in the nation coming out of HS. 

Meh. There are a few backs that are better than him in the class. We'll be able to find a quality backup in round 3/4 if we decide to go that route. Someone like Harris, Zack Moss, Cam Akers, Eno Benjamin, or Ke'Shawn Vaughn. 

Edited by NYRaider