26.  Minnesota Vikings  -  Javon Kinlaw  -  DT  -  South Carolina

27.  Miami Dolphins (via HOU)  -  D'Andre Swift  -  RB  -  Georgia

28.  Green Bay Packers  -  Jalen Reagor  -  WR  -  TCU

29.  New Orleans Saints  -  Jake Fromm  -  QB  -  Georgia

30.  Kansas City Chiefs  -  Tyler Biadasz  -  OC  -  Wisconsin

31.  San Francisco 49ers  -  Tristan Wirfs  -  OG  -  Iowa

32.  New England Patriots  -  Yetur Gross-Matos  -  DE  -  Penn State

• Like 1

I'm not against taking a TE in the first. Witten will most likely officially retire after the year, Jarwin has shown potential but I'm not sure it's been enough to say he's the future at the position. 

That said, I'd prefer a space-eating, run-stopping DT. Not sure if there are any worth a 1st in the draft class this year, but...yeah.

cant complain about ruggs 2 much but i feel like Derrick brown,  AJ Epensa and Andrew thomas are both better players and fills just as big needs. 

Ruggs would really give our roster 2 starting Deep threats(Chark and ruggs are both 4.3 guys at worse thus unloading the box as teams have to respect all that speed outside). 

Derrick Brown replaces Marcel Dareus as our starting NT(dareus is almost assured of being cut unless he takes a huge paycut). 

AJ Epensa gives us a Long term replacement for Calias campbell whos getting older and is heading into the final year  of his deal next year at a cap hit of 17.5 million with a modest dead cap of 2.5 million.  

Andrew thomas also makes a lot of sense as cam robinson hasnt been a great pass protector that i feel Minshew deserves quality protection and this would give us a year to try cam robinson as a guard(he was projected by most a G/RT into the league) and thomas should be an upgrade. 

• Like 1

While a pass rusher would make some sense for the Titans, I don't think that's the most likely pick there.

If the Titans are picking before the 20s, they're almost certainly moving on from Mariota, so a QB is likely there.  If you think that's too high for Fromm, then there are a couple of other picks that make sense.  They're not going to re-sign Jack Conklin, so they may need a RT, and they're losing Logan Ryan and Derrick Henry in free agency, so they'll also need a CB and a RB.  A DE would be nice, but it's less of a need.  Obviously if you just have Epenesa as the BPA by far at that point, then it makes sense, but I imagine a QB will be the target.

On ‎08‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 9:03 PM, Superduperman said:

Derrick Brown or Raekwon Davis for the Lions in this scenario. Snacks seems like he's on the downside and we'll need another big DT very soon.

Those are both good picks. I also would like to see Wirf thrown into the mix here. OL is a huge issue for us. If Glasgow walks, we'll have a need at OG. I don't have confidence in a Dahl/Wiggins combo as starters. He's currently playing OT at Iowa. He could be a solution at RT to replace Wagner or a flex LT as Decker's situation is unclear.

The Lions won't start a rookie CB. The 1st rounder needs to be an impact guy and the regime is all about versatility. A guy that is going to sit on the bench isn't going to do that.

Well, I really like many of your picks...good fits for lots of teams. As a Packer fan, I have to admit I love the idea of an explosive wide receiver in Round One. The thing is our GM Gutekunst clearly prefers taller wideouts such as  Tee Higgins, if he is still there, or Tamorrion Terry, Stephen Guidry, maybe Justin Jefferson. He likes tall guys even playing the slot--which is where Equanimeous St. Brown (6'-5") was positioned until his injury. Looking down your draft picks, I see you have Tristan Wirfs at #31. I'm not real sure Wirfs will last that long, but if he is there, Gutekunst is very likely to grab him up before picking a receiver. Bulaga is having a great season so far, but with his age and injury history, someone who can play guard or tackle like Wirfs would be truly tempting. Again, nice work on your mock!