1 Round Mock

carrolljcmc

Not a bad pick if we end up picking 8th as we could use a good CB for sure.  Although it's hard to get a read on Fulton right now some places have him top 5 some have him late 1st early 2nd.  Im just gonna have to see how he finishes the year and where more analysts have him at come mock time next year.

Now with that said with our losses piling up it seems we are picking around 5th right now and in this draft that guy Chase Young is sitting there for the taking for the Falcons and that would be a perfect pick to replace Beasley and try to improve this god awful pass rush that has only 5 sacks in 6 games total :(

On 10/8/2019 at 10:10 PM, Tetsujin said:

"Disappointment" is not strong enough a word if we let Biadasz slip by us for a RB in this potentially deep RB class.

AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 10/8/2019 at 3:17 PM, carrolljcmc said:

10.  Miami Dolphins (via PIT)  -  Lucas Niang  -  OT  -  TCU

This is not viable with the options of LT/Andrew Thomas or RT/Tristan Wirfs (more viable if we made the mistake of drafting Tua). The big issue is drafting Tua (Just let him go to CIN, I don't mind).... Not a fan at all and i don't think he's a good fit....long term. I'd rather look at Burrows or Love. No hit? We can look at a QB in 21 (Potentially Lawrence, albeit having a down year compared to last year, but still a candidate). We have enough capital to do it. 

But, as for Swift, he can be had in the 2nd round, not first. Same with Burrows or Love/2nd round.
OL (I'd rather see us draft all OL in round 1, personally. Not everyone agrees and that is ok) and DL in round 1.
If we can't protect a QB, drafting a high QB in round one will become the next David Carr....running for his life on every freaking play. 

If it were me, I guess looking at things, I'd go Offense (we can fix our OL once and for all(after horrible OL play for what seems like 2 decades), if we play the right cards) this draft and with the capital we have for next year -- restock with Defense.

I'm not even opposed to trading one of our #1's this year for a 2 this year and a 1 next year to keep the options open and the potential of maintaining draft capital year over year. Always having the ability to trade up if we needed to....