GDT 6 Browns vs. the Neon Pigeons, or get me to the bye week already

Bucketheadsdad

How many offensive linemen will John Dorsey draft in 2020?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. How many offensive linemen will John Dorsey draft in 2020?

Well hell, that was ugly wasn't it.

Hey Browns of yesterday.....

giphy.gif

.....and right now, we think you're pretty damned ugly.

Our QB didn't know whether to crap or go blind with all of the help he got from his Oline last night.

If you look closely, you can see Baker in the middle of this pocket "house" getting ready to get mauled by the 9ers front 4.

giphy.gif

Well, it was San Francisco, so he probably crapped.

We went in with a great deal of confidence, and what happened?

Well, a whole bunch of crap happened.

giphy.gif

Our defense couldn't stop their running game to save our lives.

giphy.gif

During the game, John Dorsey was on the phone with the Redskins to see what they'd really take for Trent Williams.

Suffice to say, he didn't like the answer.  But that didn't mean that he isn't turning over every stone.  In fact, he might have a new guard and tackle to sign to the practice squad.

giphy.gif

But it is a new week.  A 1:00 game, and an other opportunity for us to lay an egg in front of NFL fans from coast to coast.....

giphy.gif

Here is to hoping that this club digs deep and realizes that they've not accomplished much yet, and comes out and takes it to the Seahawks.

They can do it, but they've got to fix their mistakes.  

Oh, and offensive line......and for that matter.....ENTIRE DEFENSE.....

giphy.gif

No obligatory Katy Perry gifs or someone like that.

This team needs to learn how to play football again.

OK....just one

giphy.gif

Edited by Bucketheadsdad
  • Like 3

https://www.cameo.com/v/5d9c1f986ba7b4014c88389d?fbclid=IwAR19r9IWIWJXukPSwI7DUU0D5j8j-S5l8IoPq5Isgkim6ui7dZzBj5l-c64

Did you guys realize that for $40 bucks you can get Hue Jackson to say anything?  My son did.  He is off in the Navy, doing officer stuff, but had time to do a pick me up for one of his lifelong buddies that is ALWAYS in last place in their fantasy league.  Absolutely hilarious.  

As he said, "dad, it is sad, but unfortunately I have reached the pinnacle of trash talking at the age of 22."  

• Like 1

HAVE to win this one. Need to be 3-3 headed into a much needed BYE week and then we get to play AT the Patriots. Realistically, we need to win 4 of the next 6 games (Seattle, New England, AT Denver FOR THE SECOND STRAIGHT YEAR IN MILE HIGH, the Bills, and the Steelers), getting us to 6-5 to finish out against the Steelers, Bengals, Cardinals, Ravens, and Bengals.

21 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

HAVE to win this one. Need to be 3-3 headed into a much needed BYE week and then we get to play AT the Patriots. Realistically, we need to win 4 of the next 6 games (Seattle, New England, AT Denver FOR THE SECOND STRAIGHT YEAR IN MILE HIGH, the Bills, and the Steelers), getting us to 6-5 to finish out against the Steelers, Bengals, Cardinals, Ravens, and Bengals.

I really hate we get the Pats after the bye.

I just don’t see us winning that one, bye or not, but who knows..

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I really hate we get the Pats after the bye.

I just don’t see us winning that one, bye or not, but who knows..

We go TO New England after a bye and then TO Mile High, which is really difficult. How we got this 4 game stretch, bye or not, is nothing short of ridiculous on the NFL's scheduling portion.

AT SF on Prime Time with them coming off of a bye

VS Seattle on a short week with them coming off of an extra 3 days of preparation

BYE

AT New England on the Sunday afternoon game of the week (most likely)

AT Mile High

Most team would be lucky to get 2 of those 4 and many would go 1-3

This one will be just as tough as last Monday. The Seahawks are coming off an emotional divisional TNF win against the Rams. The rigors of an East Coast trip are negated by the Hawks receiving a "mini-bye" - 10 days since their last game.

The Browns, let's be honest, took several shots to the head out in the Bay Area last Monday. I hope they do not play like they have been concussed on Sunday. A game like last Monday usually happens once a season. In this scenario - I think the shorter week is a blessing.

I highly doubt that the Browns play as poorly as they did at Levi's. Getting Greedy and Denzel back would be huge - but I also have a sinking feeling that we will not see them until after the break in New England.

Russell Wilson is one of those rare QBs that you can have him properly defensed eight ways to Sunday - and he still finds a way to beat you. If that happens this weekend, so be it. A loss showing good effort a superior team is still a loss and not fun to swallow - but it is a hell of a lot easier to digest that the team quitting on themselves like last week.

Let see how crisp the flow of the game is; plays in from the sidelines, proper players on the field and lining up correctly (Yes I am talking about you Callaway, you meathead) - and let the chips fall where they may. Just don't allow us to beat ourselves.

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

We go TO New England after a bye and then TO Mile High, which is really difficult. How we got this 4 game stretch, bye or not, is nothing short of ridiculous on the NFL's scheduling portion.

AT SF on Prime Time with them coming off of a bye

VS Seattle on a short week with them coming off of an extra 3 days of preparation

BYE

AT New England on the Sunday afternoon game of the week (most likely)

AT Mile High

Most team would be lucky to get 2 of those 4 and many would go 1-3

The next time the NFL scheduling gods give the Browns a break will be the first. I was surprised to see that we had to go to Denver for the second year in a row, but that really is a winnable game.