GDT 6 Browns vs. the Neon Pigeons, or get me to the bye week already

Bucketheadsdad

How many offensive linemen will John Dorsey draft in 2020?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. How many offensive linemen will John Dorsey draft in 2020?

12 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

But why tho?

Despite the second year issues with Greedy and Baker, that class looks fantastic.  

We’re 21 games into his career and thus far we’ve established he’s not a tackle, a terrible guard and not yet worthy of being a backup interior OL.

I feel like making him a healthy scratch each week only highlights and compounds the mistake much more than simply cutting him and moving on.

Yeah, I’m not disagreeing I just don’t have another explanation beyond what the investment was. It was a clear miss, and he’s obviously not trusted in any capacity. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

What’s he done so far then?  Running backs have ran on us all year and he’s not getting to the qb. But maybe he’s a great workout partner for Myles. Very important. 

The only thing I’ll say in his defense is Myles is consistently lined up against the “weaker” opposing tackle in pass rush situations. Or so it seems anyway.

Rarely getting the favorable matchup is going to hinder production.

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The only thing I’ll say in his defense is Myles is consistently lined up against the “weaker” opposing tackle in pass rush situations. Or so it seems anyway.

Rarely getting the favorable matchup is going to hinder production.

Which would be acceptable if vernon was some scrub “like ogbah” but he’s suppose to be more than that. So he’s been very disappointing. Which makes benching Avery even more questionable. At least see what he can do. 

12 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Which would be acceptable if vernon was some scrub “like ogbah” but he’s suppose to be more than that. So he’s been very disappointing.

I don’t disagree.  He’s been a JAG outside of preseason.

12 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Which makes benching Avery even more questionable. At least see what he can do. 

I’m not sure why they all can’t see the field at the same time tbh.

Avery - Myles - Ogunjobi - Vernon looks like a capable group to me.