GDT 6 Browns vs. the Neon Pigeons, or get me to the bye week already

Bucketheadsdad

How many offensive linemen will John Dorsey draft in 2020?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. How many offensive linemen will John Dorsey draft in 2020?

Just now, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Omg a second year Quarterback is struggling say it ain’t so 

I hear you especially the people acting like they know for sure that Baker is going to keep regressing and be terrible.

But setting aside this game and the boxscore stats, he's doing a more than struggling when compared to the play of his QB peers young and older alike.

He's one of the worst QBs in the league this year. Statistically in a group of the worst with many starts, but statistics miss out on things like tipped INTs and contextual play factors.

All in all he's been a bottom 5 starting QB with flashes.

Team has to play better around him, and he's got to elevate his play. I thought he played well today and battled, but of course made some poor decisions and was inaccurate. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Can’t blame him, they were as bad as I’ve ever seen, and I’m not a huge “blame the refs” guy.

The refs were so bad today. Garrett had 2-3 plays where he should have got an offensive holding call. I want to say Seattle last TD, the play right before it, Garrett was getting held

Just now, buno67 said:

The refs were so bad today. Garrett had 2-3 plays where he should have got an offensive holding call. I want to say Seattle last TD, the play right before it, Garrett was getting held

Yeah we apparently can’t run 3 consecutive plays without a penalty but they managed to block him all game without a hold huh?

Hokay.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Omg a second year Quarterback is struggling say it ain’t so 

It's not surprising, but for weeks now it's been apparent he's a ticking time bomb to get picked if you're asking him to sling it all over the field.  The less we are trying to lean on him the better we will be.  Empty backfield nonsense needs to stop too.  I'd run the ball in the redzone and settle for field goals if need be at this juncture.

Edited by Rod Johnson
  • Like 3

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

It's not surprising, but for weeks now it's been apparent he's a ticking time bomb to get picked if you're asking him to sling it all over the field.  The less we are trying to lean on him to sling it all over the field the better we will be.  Empty backfield nonsense needs to stop too.  I'd run the ball in the redzone and settle for field goals if need be at this juncture.

The play calling is just awful in the redzone. That’s the biggest difference from last year to this year. 

why don’t they ever run crossing routes or rub routes in the redzone? 

also the amount of screens they call are crap as well. Seems like our tackles block best of screens cause they hold up the DEs enough that the DEs making the plays 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Can’t blame him, they were as bad as I’ve ever seen, and I’m not a huge “blame the refs” guy.

How about the ball ripped out of the WRs hands and the ref calling it complete 😂

on 3rd down with 2 mins left in the game 😂

its unreal

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Do I have to do it, or can I just expect our players to make plays other teams WR’s do?

I’m not saying these are easy catches, but they’re not being paid millions to make just the easy catches, because I could do that.

True, true.  It doesn't help him somehow turn like half of Baker's misplaced balls into interceptions as well.