GDT 6 Browns vs. the Neon Pigeons, or get me to the bye week already

Bucketheadsdad

How many offensive linemen will John Dorsey draft in 2020?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. How many offensive linemen will John Dorsey draft in 2020?

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

True but when the WRs can get two hands on the ball, that is accurate enough that the ball shouldn’t result into a INT

This is my thought as well.

The Hilliard pick, the Calloway pick in the red zone last week, etc. are 110% on the WR, not Baker.  Not saying it was a great throw, but yo gotta catch those.

Just finished watching the replay on gamepass.

#$<% the zebras. That's a win with slightly more even officiating. The roughing on Ogunjobi was bull. The holds they called on us went uncalled the other way all day. And Garrett wasn't offsides on his second sack.

I hate complaining about the refs, because the deflected picks and the Chubb fumble were huge, but I'm getting sick and #$%^ing tired of 2v1 games.

• Like 9

31 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Just finished watching the replay on gamepass.

#$<% the zebras. That's a win with slightly more even officiating. The roughing on Ogunjobi was bull. The holds they called on us went uncalled the other way all day. And Garrett wasn't offsides on his second sack.

I hate complaining about the refs, because the deflected picks and the Chubb fumble were huge, but I'm getting sick and #$%^ing tired of 2v1 games.

I just wish that the officials would start making it at least a bit more tolerable.  You know, like handing one of these to each of the Browns captains at the coin toss.

Image result for lube

If Baker leads the league in INTs and the ball is bouncing off all our receivers hands because the ball is behind them

is it really their fault?

I mean its been INTS off Odell, Callaway, Juice, Hillard 

The one constant is Baker Mayfield we need to stop giving him excuses and hold him accountable. 

11 minutes ago, brownie man said:

If Baker leads the league in INTs and the ball is bouncing off all our receivers hands because the ball is behind them

If it’s hitting off of both of their hands?  Yes.

11 minutes ago, brownie man said:

The one constant is Baker Mayfield we need to stop giving him excuses and hold him accountable. 

OBJ has been underwhelming this year.  Multiple passes on target that he simply dropped.  No matter how you want to rationalize it, that’s not on the QB.

The ball of Calloway’a hands last week was just fine, he muffed the catch and flung it to a defender.  Again, not on Baker.

Hilliard had both hands on the ball today.  That’s a pass that has to be caught, plain and simple.

This isn’t to say Baker hasn’t been off on some throws, but those particular INT’s are on the receivers, not the QB.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, brownie man said:

That’s fine if the drops that turn into INT’s are his fault. With that mindset any catch you have to give him all the credit. 

7 minutes ago, Don Roshi said:

We lost due to the unfortunate turnovers and bad calls. Looked a lot better than in any other loss this season. There's progress being made.

That's why this game was so frustrating. We easily could have won this game in very convincing fashion, but things like turnovers, drops, and penalties (many of which were complete BS) costed us big time. We had no trouble moving up and down the field offensively and our defense usually made stops when they needed to except for the two TD drives in the 2nd and 4th quarters.

So yeah, we obviously looked infinitely better than we did vs. the 49ers, but the ongoing theme this season has been too many self-inflicted mistakes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DawgX said:

That's why this game was so frustrating. We easily could have won this game in very convincing fashion, but things like turnovers, drops, and penalties (many of which were complete BS) costed us big time. We had no trouble moving up and down the field offensively and our defense usually made stops when they needed to except for the two TD drives in the 2nd and 4th quarters.

So yeah, we obviously looked infinitely better than we did vs. the 49ers, but the ongoing theme this season has been too many self-inflicted mistakes.

At least we're improving. I know I had unrealistic expectations that we'd come out of the gates on fire. So long as the group sticks together and we keep improving, then I'm happy.

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

baker has been bad but he also has been very unlucky this year

True.

But anyone criticizing Baker as playing poorly "just" b/c of the boxscore INTs likely isn't a person watching closely or with a thoughtful opinion in the first place.

He's been unlucky for sure but his poor play goes beyond tipped catch picks. There's some room for subjectivity with TWP as the PFF guys have discussed on a few of their past 3 yotube episodes.

There's also a difference between a tipped catch like we saw with Hilliard which to me is more catchable and a tipped catch like we saw with Callaway which is more uncatchable.

Like Callaway's pick. It looks completely different in slow motion than in real time for a lot of people. To me, that's not a catchable pass as it was at was a fastball below his knees behind him on a dead sprint in route. Maybe a handful of elite WRs are catching that and they likely miss that catch given a few times at it. The slow motion doesn't take into account the speed and pace the ball was thrown with and where Callaway was at the point of contact.

Callaway is paid millions to catch that and we should hope that he would, but the real point for him is that he could've settled down in that zone or got his eyes to the QB earlier.

51 minutes ago, JDD said:

That’s fine if the drops that turn into INT’s are his fault. With that mindset any catch you have to give him all the credit. 

Focusing on the INTs off of RBs/WRs hands misses the general point: that is, that Baker has been inaccurate, scattershot with his ball placement, thrown fastballs instead of layering the ball, made poor decisions with the ball with misreads missing open receivers, faded back and right when he needed to stay in the pocket or step up.

We can grant him that all the tipped catch INTs by RBs/WRs aren't his fault; even if we did so the issues go much deeper than that.

He played a good game and battled today.