GDT 6 Browns vs. the Neon Pigeons, or get me to the bye week already

Bucketheadsdad

How many offensive linemen will John Dorsey draft in 2020?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. How many offensive linemen will John Dorsey draft in 2020?

4 hours ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Isn't there a possibility that Ryan Lindley is a not good QB coach? 

well are young coaches not allowed to develop as well? Also Monk could easily be able to make up the difference in the areas Lindley lacks to help out baker

6 hours ago, buno67 said:

this is so true and another unlucky throw for baker. 

@Thomas5737 noticed this first. People talking **** on Baker need to step back and watch. People want to look at stats and think they know what’s up. Use your damned brain for a change and see for yourself. The crappy fantasy football crowd ruins real football. It’s all about stats. Yeah no it’s all about reality. 
My word there are going to be a ton of people backtracking on Baker. (Alliteration yo). Everything is **** right now. But I can foresee the nfl films crew panning to the doldrums we’re facing now and eventually moving on to brighter peaks lying just ahead. 

28 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

@Thomas5737 noticed this first. People talking **** on Baker need to step back and watch. People want to look at stats and think they know what’s up. Use your damned brain for a change and see for yourself. The crappy fantasy football crowd ruins real football. It’s all about stats. Yeah no it’s all about reality. 
My word there are going to be a ton of people backtracking on Baker. (Alliteration yo). Everything is **** right now. But I can foresee the nfl films crew panning to the doldrums we’re facing now and eventually moving on to brighter peaks lying just ahead. 

Weak alliteration, but ok.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Standard pick block that's sometimes OPI, designed to free Chubb, but Baker threw to the guy making the block. It's on Baker.

What? OBJ was running a slant, it's obvious to see and it was a big play had he not got run into by the LB. OBJ wasn't blocking, I think that is extremely obvious. Baker made a good read and it looked like a good throw had OBJ not gotten stonewalled by the LB.

9 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

Standard pick block that's sometimes OPI, designed to free Chubb, but Baker threw to the guy making the block. It's on Baker.

Well I’m not running a rub route right into the boundary. Also you have the DB covering OBJ going behind OBJ, so it’s an even easier pass and catch for OBJ and Baker. 

also it doesn’t matter if OBJ was blocking or not or being the rub guy for Chubb your still hitting the WR with the ball in the air, so it’s still DPI. Also when OBJ was starting to look in for the ball is when he gets jacked by the 

Just now, buno67 said:

Well after seeing the results yeah but if OBJ isnt destroyed and the play works out cause it’s a LB on OBJ or the DB 5+ yards off 

After seeing the fact that CLEARLY they are in man/press man presnap, the decision should have been made. Even if Baker was confused, he just needs to see if the CB sits in Cover 2 (he definitely does not) and if so, throw the slant and if not, throw the shoot.

That's a basic HS play read that we ask our 16 year old QB to make.

He probably made the wrong read, but it doesn’t change the fact there should have been a flag and possession of the ball retained.

If flags need to be thrown because Hubbard took an extra step downfield, there’s no way this shouldn’t have also been flagged.

If they want to let them play, fine, do that.  If they’re gonna call everything, ok I suppose.  Pick one though and be consistent.

• Like 3