If Tomlin were traded to Skins

Duff

Its never going to happen, but yes, I would be fine with it....but only if Colbert and the rest of the coaching staff are shown the door after the season ends.

The entire front office will get a mulligan for this season.      Ben went down early in the year and even though we arent winning,  the team has played hard in every game and has had a chance to win every game vs good teams.

Fact is, we are more than likely stuck with this regime until at least through the 2021 season.      There is a chance that if Ben is healthy in 2020 and we dont make the playoffs, some major changes could be made, but I think safe money is on Tomlin leaving after his contract ends.    

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Its never going to happen, but yes, I would be fine with it....but only if Colbert and the rest of the coaching staff are shown the door after the season ends.

The entire front office will get a mulligan for this season.      Ben went down early in the year and even though we arent winning,  the team has played hard in every game and has had a chance to win every game vs good teams.

Fact is, we are more than likely stuck with this regime until at least through the 2021 season.      There is a chance that if Ben is healthy in 2020 and we dont make the playoffs, some major changes could be made, but I think safe money is on Tomlin leaving after his contract ends.    

If we only listened to you and drafted Myles Jack as oppose to Artie Burns.  

Who would we have drafted in 2019 as oppose to moving up and who would oyu have picked in 2018?

7 hours ago, Duff said:

Tomlin has been successful here but he has always had the luxury of a HOF QB. My concern with Tomlin is he has struggled to field a competent defense after the Cowher era players left and he has been abysmal in developing or drafting secondary help. He wasted quality years with the 3b's when he should have been more aggressive in going out and getting defensive help to complement those guys on offense. He has mismanaged the cap by either holding on to players when he shouldn't have, overpaying depth players like they were starters and mismanaging Bell and Brown when we could have done better trading them for quality draft picks in return. I will give him a pass with AB I guess but he could have done better with Bell. I lump Colbert in here as well. More importantly I believe Tomlin has been poor in his selection and management of coordinators. Carnell Lake, Joey Porter along with Butler just to name a few. I just feel like we have been really poor at developing talent outside of the offensive line,  defensive line and wide receivers.  Mike Munchak is the perfect example of a quality coach getting the most out of your talent. I feel like Tomlin kind of let us down on the defensive side of the ball since that is where he appears tone most involved and we didn't see the development fast enough on that side of the ball when we had a strong offense to legitimately position us for Superbowl runs as of late. The window has passed us by now and the timing to me is ripe for Tomlin and Colbert as well as others to move on and get more innovative young minds in here to truly maximize the talent we have on the team. If we can position this team draft wise to go after the QB from Clemson in a couple years now is the opportunity to do so. The other thing I want in a new HC is one who can make proper half time adjustments and better play the chess game to keep up with teams like the Patriots and maybe better clock management would be nice too.

I would blame colbert for the aforementioned in your thread.  Tomlin might  not have had say in much with this organization either. He has allowed the OC and DC to fail as well as the team to play down to competition, that is a fact. The rest though, we will never know, so since colbert is the GM, I would place the blame there

as long as colbert is here, ben and fichner will be here, sad facts and get used to it and losing.

1 hour ago, DR43 said:

If we only listened to you and drafted Myles Jack as oppose to Artie Burns.  

Who would we have drafted in 2019 as oppose to moving up and who would oyu have picked in 2018?

Myles Jack was just the BPA and Burns was a 3rd round talent. 

I didnt have a problem with our pick this year ...just didnt want to move up for him.  I liked Montez Sweat and Byron Murphy....even Greedy Williams.  Too soon to say though.

I hated the 2018 draft and wanted to trade down desperately and get Mike Gesicki, Donte Jackson or Justin Reid.  Edmunds was nowhere near my radar...but he wasn't on anyones.

8 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Myles Jack was just the BPA and Burns was a 3rd round talent. 

I didnt have a problem with our pick this year ...just didnt want to move up for him.  I liked Montez Sweat and Byron Murphy....even Greedy Williams.  Too soon to say though.

I hated the 2018 draft and wanted to trade down desperately and get Mike Gesicki, Donte Jackson or Justin Reid.  Edmunds was nowhere near my radar...but he wasn't on anyones.

a few reaches (edmunds, burns) and then trading too much away (Bush) will cost the team eventually as we have seen. At least Bush is turning into a legit pro already, the other 2 not so much. Burns became a benched player in his 3rd season on a team lacking any competition - he was a bad reach. he might be a worse RD1 pick than the subway champ himself (he had injuries to blame a bit anyways) 

Georgia linebacker Jarvis Jones gets Subway statue, says ...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

It sounds like this is NOT a rumor

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dan-snyder-expected-to-make-strong-push-to-acquire-mike-tomlin-from-steelers/

imagine they trade him for a RD1 and they got a top 5 pick? Problem is, they still have colbert though as well and ben running the team, but still, that is possible.

On 2019-10-09 at 5:10 PM, wwhickok said:

I do believe Tomlin has serious flaws but at least part of me wonders what would happen if Colbert was fired and Tomlin was given full roster and staff control. If Butler and Fichtner were both replaced.

totally agree, and also add some of the common players that have been with tomlin that always played down to competition etc. Why not clear out and go for a new start. 

Edited by 3rivers

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

I've heard the terms "multiple high round picks" involved.  If that's true, I don't give a crud how much you like Tomlin, you move on.

I completely agree. I also think that the Rooneys WOULD do it. Because let's be real, it's time to start a new era.

BUT let me ask you all something, if you make this move, do you have to consider trading guys like Maurkice Pouncey and Cam Heyward that could have major issues with the move?

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

I've heard the terms "multiple high round picks" involved.  If that's true, I don't give a crud how much you like Tomlin, you move on.

source for this info?

29 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

BUT let me ask you all something, if you make this move, do you have to consider trading guys like Maurkice Pouncey and Cam Heyward that could have major issues with the move?

Then trade them too. Even after the season, get colbert and his people out though, that should  be the priority. Tomlin made some mistakes, had lots of BS to deal with, but colbert enabled as much because he assembled/kept these players. Pouncey is overrated/overpaid and Heyward is still good, but keep Hargrave instead (they play DT most of the time anyways in a 4 man front)

Most of all I want colbert gone , some of the scouts , but thought tomlin could be decent if given a fair chance, or worth a try . Then I was reconsidering , based on how many years this team has underachieved, maybe he deserves more blame and should go.  If it's true snyder is willing to give up multiple picks, then it could be tempting for rooney to do the trade. 

the order of disapproval still is:

OC

Colbert

Oddly, colbert saved his face this year by being the opposite of how he has been. He moved up and got  Bush (could have got Evans last year for less) and then the Minkah trade, which wouldn't have happened if Davis never got hurt, lets face it. Those 2 moves makes this team much better on defence , and are probably a result of colbert feeling the heat considering how he failed last year and how as usual teams were throwing at will this year (Minkah solved that).

I still think this team can be legit , I'm not giving up but colbert needs to go. Who replaces him is the question? Would Rod Woodson consider it? 

What do you think washington finishes the year at? 

would be wild if they did a trade. Skins don't have a 2nd round pick, so we would have to get their 1st, which will likely be a top 5 pick. Raiders got more for gruden back in the day, so they should be able to demand that top 5 pick+ more. This would be the the most impactful trade in steelers history if it happened

Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin has been connected to the Washington Redskins' head-coaching job, and the Cleveland Browns were rumored to be shopping wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. this past week.

Sources said you can file both of those under the not-going-to-happen category.

Tomlin has two years remaining on his contract after this season, and for him to wind up in Washington, the Redskins would have to blow away the Steelers with an offer, and reward Tomlin with a deal so great he could not turn it down.

"Neither of which is going to happen," one source close to the situation told ESPN.

"I don't see Mike going to Washington," the source continued. "That is so far-fetched. It's so far out there. It would have to be a deal that the league never has seen before and would change the way business is done in football, and I don't see that happening."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27835125/source-mike-tomlin-redskins-far-fetched-browns-gm-denies-obj-trade-rumor