If Tomlin were traded to Skins

Duff

There's more smoke on this. Enough to think there will at least be an offer, after the season.
Tomlin from the area - kid playing at Maryland, Snyder willing to give absolute control and make him the highest paid,
and the fact that he has some relationships with management from Tampa. For me personally, if this included two number 1s
you'd have to do it. With one likely being a top 5, this year (probably top 10 next) man, it's just too much to look past.
That being said, it's the Rooneys and who knows. Highly unlikely, but who knows. I think it also depends to some degree
on how this season finishes.

I will say this - if for some reason it happened, please, please stay away from the Oregon QB. I think he'll be a bust.

24 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

@mwalker what f the steelers make the playoffs, and win  some in there, will Tomlin's stock go up?  Too bad colbert couldn't go with him, but I have never heard of a GM being traded have you?

I can't see them doing a total rebuild, but dunno. Plus I think if it is appealing to Tomln, aside from
being closer to home and the being highest paid - part of draw would be total control,
which apparently Snyder would be offering. I mean it's all speculation, to be fair, but from what
I've read, it's not as far fetched as first reported. No idea who would be in consideration if they
ever parted ways. I could see Colbert seeing them through a change, if it happened. And then
maybe retiring after a year.

3 minutes ago, mwalker said:

I can't see them doing a total rebuild, but dunno. Plus I think if it is appealing to Tomln, aside from
being closer to home and the being highest paid - part of draw would be total control,
which apparently Snyder would be offering. I mean it's all speculation, to be fair, but from what
I've read, it's not as far fetched as first reported. No idea who would be in consideration if they
ever parted ways. I could see Colbert seeing them through a change, if it happened. And then

I will say the only way they would do it, I think, is if Tomlin said he wanted to move.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mwalker said:

ok, so win SB with tomlin, get multiple high draft picks and then colbert rehires? That sounds fair.  Maybe tomlin takes ban and fichner to DC as well?

8 hours ago, 3rivers said:

ok, so win SB with tomlin, get multiple high draft picks and then colbert rehires? That sounds fair.  Maybe tomlin takes ban and fichner to DC as well?

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic. Anyhow, very unlikely anything happens...

But, just for fun, who would you pick with this years Redskin's pick (likely 4th) if they did?

If Tomlin gets this team playing legit and they go far with these 3rd and 4th string qb's, maybe it's time to  consider trading ben to arians.  Lets see if winston keeps being inconsistent and eventually arians has enough.  It might be tempting to trade Tomlin , but if he is allowed to coach the team the way he wants and they win, how can you then want to trade him?

If he does have a really good season and wants out, I would expect his stock to go up a bit.  Would Shazier be the next HC?

15 hours ago, mwalker said:

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic. Anyhow, very unlikely anything happens...

But, just for fun, who would you pick with this years Redskin's pick (likely 4th) if they did?

i don't watch much NCAA, so I can't comment. There was some sarcasm there, a way to retrieve the draft picks they have traded away, all for kicks. 

Before the draft, the team needs to decide what their needs are and think past next year.  If this team with back up QB's keeps getting better and they do well, maybe it's time to move on from ben.  If burns is still playing on defence and it costs the team, then look into a CB in UFA .  4th pick overall sounds intriguing though , I would expect colbert to fail there. Are there any gernational players in the top 10 of the draft?

12 hours ago, 3rivers said:

i don't watch much NCAA, so I can't comment. There was some sarcasm there, a way to retrieve the draft picks they have traded away, all for kicks. 

Before the draft, the team needs to decide what their needs are and think past next year.  If this team with back up QB's keeps getting better and they do well, maybe it's time to move on from ben.  If burns is still playing on defence and it costs the team, then look into a CB in UFA .  4th pick overall sounds intriguing though , I would expect colbert to fail there. Are there any gernational players in the top 10 of the draft?

For ****s and giggles, the players most interesting that could be there at 4...

I think QB Tua is gone #1. To me he's really special.
I think QB J.Herbert is waaaay over-rated. He's nowhere as good as Mariota was, and looky there.
WR J.Jeudy will be special. Could be interesting.
OLB C.Young is a freak. Stud.
OT A.Thomas is a stud.
OT T.Wirfs is very, very good.
CB J.Okudah is the closest thing to Ramsey. 

If hell froze over and we really did get the Redskins pick. I'd take either Young, Okudah, Jeudy or Thomas.

Edited by mwalker