Jump to content
Danger

What if the helmet catch never happened?

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Assuming no butterfly effect, 2 biggest changes:

 

  • 07 Pats go down as best team in history, and are now counting 8 rings instead of just 7.
  • Eli Manning is not even in the HOF conversation. 

Wonder when they'd call it with Eli, what draft would that send ripples from when they took a QB.

Wonder how much love Spags gets if they don't win, take the "shut down the best team" off his resume and maybe he doesn't get a job in 2009

does he get the Rams job? If the Rams get a coach that makes it work, what's their 2010s look like? 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Assuming no butterfly effect, 2 biggest changes:

 

  • 07 Pats go down as best team in history, and are now counting 8 rings instead of just 7.
  • Eli Manning is not even in the HOF conversation. 

I don't think the Giants would be playing with Daniel Jones tomorrow night because Eli would have been canned along with Coughlin much sooner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have 9 what if scenarios laid out in front of me for the next 9 weeks (I'm trying to avoid low hanging fruit of making a lot of "What if this guy was picked instead of that guy", but I do have one of that sort). I'd also like to hear what ideas you guys have for what if scenarios.

Edited by Danger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Danger said:

I have 9 what if scenarios laid out in front of me for the next 9 weeks (I'm trying to avoid low hanging fruit of making a lot of "What if this guy was picked instead of that guy", but I do have one of that sort). I'd also like to hear what ideas you guys have for what if scenarios.

What if Denver never traded Jay Cutler?

What if New England lost Super Bowl 36?

What if the Colts stayed in Baltimore?

Edited by Elky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Danger said:

I have 9 what if scenarios laid out in front of me for the next 9 weeks (I'm trying to avoid low hanging fruit of making a lot of "What if this guy was picked instead of that guy", but I do have one of that sort). I'd also like to hear what ideas you guys have for what if scenarios.

I was actually talking about this one with a a friend the other day - what if Payton/Parcells pull the trigger on the Romo trade?

After being hired as HC from the Dallas staff, Sean Payton wanted to take Romo with him and make him the starter. They offered Dallas a 3rd for him, but Parcells wanted to keep him.

If that trade happens, no Romo takeover in Dallas. No botched hold against the Seahawks (Dallas almost certainly don’t make the POS that year), no 13-3 in 2007...on and on.

The other side is that means no Brees in NO, so maybe no ring in 2009. Where does Brees go? Miami? It goes on and on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2019 at 4:23 PM, Danger said:

I'm going to start having a what-if scenario each week. (There were a couple before the season started and I really liked the idea).

What if Nate Poole doesn't catch the pass in Week 17 of the 2003 season, knocking the Vikings out?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2019 at 2:18 AM, nextsuperstar1 said:

Ok. Butterfly effect. The schedules slightly different so different outcomes occur. Randy Moss, Welker and Brady have slightly better career numbers, Matt Cassel is never given the chance to start. 

 

My  point remains valid, that catch didn’t change the direction of the league. 

As far as the butterfly effect goes, even something as small as the Pats picking 32nd instead of 31 would probably have totally changed the course of the league within a few years. I would venture to say that none of the current pro bowl players outside of qb in the league, would be playing at  the teams we associate them with. If Tyree hadn't made the catch. Everything would have been totally different

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

......what if Payton/Parcells pull the trigger on the Romo trade?

Tony gets a ring because he has real coaching and WRs who can hold on to the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Tony gets a ring because he has real coaching and WRs who can hold on to the ball.

Hello? The dude had TO and Witten..... two bonafide Hall of famers, in their prime.

Edited by Danger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Danger said:

Hello? The dude had TO and Witten..... two bonafide Hall of famers, in their prime.

TO dropped more passes than any "elite WR" I have ever seen. 

Everybody remembers Romo's mishandling of the FG snap but nobody remembers Terry Glenn giving the Squacks a free TD.

dallas-cowboys-wide-receiver-terry-glenn

Edited by TVScout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TVScout said:

TO dropped more passes than any "elite WR" I have ever seen. 

Everybody remembers Romo's mishandling of the FG snap but nobody remembers Terry Glenn giving the Squacks a free TD.

dallas-cowboys-wide-receiver-terry-glenn

You're trying to blame TO for Romo's shortcomings? Really now? 

What's next are you going to blame Larry Fitzgerald for the Cards not winning a Super Bowl?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Danger said:

You're trying to blame TO for Romo's shortcomings? Really now?

No I am not. That photo is TG not TO LOL. I am trying to explain the TO always seemed to come up small when the Cowboys needed him to come up big.He didn't lose games like Fasano and Glenn. He just didn't win games like Irvin did. TO made about one great game winning TD catch in his career. 

 

2 hours ago, Danger said:

What's next are you going to blame Larry Fitzgerald for the Cards not winning a Super Bowl?

That question I do not understand at all. Stealers won that game because the refs suddenly went blind on one of the most blatant clips in NFL history. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Danger said:

I have 9 what if scenarios laid out in front of me for the next 9 weeks (I'm trying to avoid low hanging fruit of making a lot of "What if this guy was picked instead of that guy", but I do have one of that sort). I'd also like to hear what ideas you guys have for what if scenarios.

What happens if the Dolphins sign Brees instead of Culpepper?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×