Leader

ALCS: Yankees vs Astros

There goes the home plate ump again, gifting Paxton a strike.

1 minute ago, CAS22 said:

There goes the home plate ump again, gifting Paxton a strike.

Only one? Thats pretty cheap of him.

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

Only one? Thats pretty cheap of him.

Three in the ABs after the Astros get a guy on base.  Changes the whole shape of the plate appearances

3 minutes ago, CAS22 said:

Three in the ABs after the Astros get a guy on base.  Changes the whole shape of the plate appearances

Oh......thats the time to do it....when you have guys on base :)

Well at least if we lose this game JV settled in and is eating innings ahead of the potential bullpen game tomorrow, one thing I really didn't want was for him to implode so badly that we had to go 75%+ bullpen outs today

Changing the whole roadmap of the game with these ball/strike calls.  Just patently ridiculous.

Glad to see Paxton with a very impressive performance. It wasn't looking good the first half inning but this was a much needed outing.

Hate that he has his pitch count so high however. 

Hope to not pitch Ottavino today and get two inning out of Britton

1 minute ago, marshawn lynch said:

Glad to see Paxton with a very impressive performance. It wasn't looking good the first half inning but this was a much needed outing.

Hate that he has his pitch count so high however. 

Hope to not pitch Ottavino today and get two inning out of Britton

With a bullpen game tomorrow I wouldn't want to pitch Britton for 2. This might be the time to try to steal some outs from Ottavino when there is some breathing room rather than need it tomorrow in a potentially close game.

Ughh... That ump is so inconsistent with that call. Sometimes they're strikes sometimes they're balls. He needs more consistency

3 minutes ago, mse326 said:

With a bullpen game tomorrow I wouldn't want to pitch Britton for 2. This might be the time to try to steal some outs from Ottavino when there is some breathing room rather than need it tomorrow in a potentially close game.

We score about 5 more times this inning - then we can bring Otto in so he can regain his confidence.
Otherwise? He's pitching scared and HOU knows it.

3 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Well that's why I want to double up on Britton. Saves us an extra reliever for tomorrows bull pen game. Yes Britton may be unavailable but it will keep Kahnle, Chapman, Ottavino, Green, and Happ for tomorrow. And allows Britton to be rested for a potential game 7.

Reminded me of Didis fly ball that was just short to right in game 3.

JV eating innings is massive. Would love to see some runs here so we can get some breathing room and not put the pen in a stressful situation

Just now, marshawn lynch said:

Well that's why I want to double up on Britton. Saves us an extra reliever for tomorrows bull pen game. Yes Britton may be unavailable but it will keep Kahnle, Chapman, Ottavino, Green, and Happ for tomorrow. And allows Britton to be rested for a potential game 7.

Only way you double up on Britton is if he's sharp his first and ends it with a low pitch count.