Week 1 Colts @ Rams - No Luck vs No Donald

Wyld Stallyns

Colts w/o their best offensive weapon take on the Rams w/o their best defensive weapon. Colts will also be w/o their best offensive lineman and defensive player as well. 

During the off season someone did a poll of the 5 players who were most irreplaceable on the Colts roster. Nos. 1, 3 and 4 were Luck, Davis and Kelly. All 3 are out for this game and possibly a couple more. 

Rams 23 - Colts 16

Mostly FGs ( 3 for each team) but the Rams score 2 TDs and the Colts manage 1. The biggest difference in this game is even though the Rams are changing from a 3-4 to a 4-3 no one could make it work better then Wade Phillips. Especially when you have Michael Brockers taking advantage of 2 OL (LG Vujnovich and C Bond) making their first career starts. 

Not only is this game not going to be broadcast in my area. It is on at the same time as the Packers so I'm likely going to be watching the Packer game with family/friends. (Sunday also marks 2 years since my sister passed away so I'm likely going to be trying to keep my mind busy with whatever game is on television.) @Warhorse @PFM18 @tom cody @bananabucket

Not expecting much from this game at all. Too many impact players missing. Yes they're missing Donald but they still have a top defense and Tolzien hasn't proven that he can lead a team to victories in this league.

Also think under McVay Goff will have improved, so do expect them to score points. Whether we can keep up is the question. Not sure we can.

Whilst I think it's possible for us to pick up the win, not confident its going to happen.

I actually expect at least a solid showing, despite the injuries, and I think that we are really developing some depth for the first time in a long time. I see the game within 10 points...could go either way. As far as our offense, 3 TDs would be great, but 2 more likely, but that will be a tall challenge for a young team on the road with a back up QB. For our defense, its just the opposite...holding them to 2 TDs with that inexperienced secondary will be double tough, 3 or 4 more likely. 

We stay in this thing by doing what we have this preseason...creating turnovers. Lets hope that gives the offense enough time to get some rhythm going. A TD on our first possession would be freaking excellent. 

Yeah that was just brutal. I did like that after throwing that first Pick 6 Tolzien came back and lead a solid drive downfield. Unfortunately Pagano didn't challenge the Mack TD and settled for a FG. That might have let the air out of the offense the rest of the way. From some of the highlights I seen, TJ Green played like a safety and not a cornerback. Meaning he was playing off WRs and reacting to catches rather then playing the ball and preventing them. Unless Wilson and Hairston can step up their games we're going to keep seeing that a lot. Next week we have the Cardinals w/out David Johnson. They do have former Colts Kerwynn Williams.  

Leave it to me to miss the part that that last tweet was strictly offense

I was going to post this like 5-6 hours ago but my wifi at work was being a jerk so it wouldn't post and then I forgot to check it until I saw Warhorse's post and didn't see both posts I thought I made. 

I seen a tweet earlier today where someone said they PFF gave Tolzien a higher grade then DeShaun Watson. Though he didn't start so that isn't much of an accomplishment. 

Where do I start.....

Biggest reason? Luck not playing. 

Next biggest reason? Injuries.

Next biggest reason? Large roster turnover

Next biggest reason? Front office not properly preparing for the QB situation

Next biggest reason? Pagano's in game coaching and overall team preparation.

0 for 10 on third downs? God that young defense was short on experience and they were gassed. 

Good news? Bill B from the Pats are also 0-1 and had over 40 points laid on his team.......at home. 

On 9/11/2017 at 10:56 PM, Warhorse said:

Where do I start.....

Biggest reason? Luck not playing. 

Next biggest reason? Injuries.

Next biggest reason? Large roster turnover

Next biggest reason? Front office not properly preparing for the QB situation

Next biggest reason? Pagano's in game coaching and overall team preparation.

0 for 10 on third downs? God that young defense was short on experience and they were gassed. 

Good news? Bill B from the Pats are also 0-1 and had over 40 points laid on his team.......at home. 

I just want to point out that it wasn't just because Luck was out. Yes I think Luck wouldn't have played like Tolzien or Brisset but remember that the last time the Rams played the Colts in Indy, Luck did play and the Rams still won 38-8 in dominating fashion.

It has a lot to do with roster construction. I follow the Colts since the Peyton days because he is my favorite NFL QB (best of all-time to me) and the Colts really never had a great defense. Their best defense actually was Peyton only Super Bowl win with Indy. The problem was Bob Sanders seemed to be always hurt. Of course they had Freeney which was a monster but he was only a pass rusher. He was too small to hold up against the run. The Colts never built a strong enough defense to take the pressure off the QB except for that season where things just broke right for that defense. So the Colts need to get Luck a defense and gives him a running game. Gore should be retired. I don't know how good Mack will be but there is no reason for the Colts to have the worst defense and running game by a mile in the division.

On 9/12/2017 at 4:05 PM, stallyns said:

ouch 

There is absolutely no way to sugarcoat that for ST. He may be one those QB's who runs practice like a demon.....but just has no pressure vibe. I play guitar, and I can tell in 5 minutes if a player is a live player, or a garage legend. Give them a different guitar and a bad amp...can they still make music? Yes, there are line issues, but you have to convert one 3rd down out of shear frustration. 

Archived