(Polls) Do You Believe ...

Mind Character

(Polls) Do You Believe ...  

44 members have voted

1. 1. (Polls) Do You Believe Freddie Kitchens is Going to be a Good Head Coach for the Browns?

• Yes, although it's a struggle right now, but I still believe Freddie is going to be a good head coach.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • No, it might be early, but I've seen enough to know that he's not the guy.
    • It's too early to say
  2. 2. (Polls) Do You Believe Baker Mayfield is Going to be a Great QB?

• Yes, he's still going to be great. He's struggling right now. There's many reasons for that including his own mistakes. Many QBs struggle early in their career. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • No, I think he'll be a good QB, but I'm afraid he's not going to be great.
    • No, he's a Goldi-locks QB: Everything has to be 'Just Right' around him for him to play at a sustained high level. Over-hyped. Probably has an Average to Above Average Career.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • It's too early to say; Could go either way at this point.
  3. 3. (Polls) Do You Believe the Browns Make the Playoffs?

• Yes, we'll still make the playoffs.
    • No, we don't make the playoffs.

I voted to early to tell on Freddie but it doesn’t look good at this point.

Still think there is a good QB inside Baker. Needs to be well coached and to work hard. This is completely the view of a outsider but I think Baker took his eye off the ball a little this off season m, He got married and in a pre game video of him talking to Jimmy G he honestly looked chubby to me. 

As for playoffs I voted no but I’m really 50/50 on that one. If Freddie improves we make it

• Like 1

I voted it's too early to tell for Kitchens, but right now things are not looking so great. We are the 2nd worst disciplined team regarding penalties on both sides of the ball. Our offense looks like garbage; not just because we are figuring things out, but it seems more that we are going backwards. I still don't understand how explosive our offense was last year and yet we can't scheme someone like OBJ open; put into perspective that the Giants with Eli was still getting OBJ the ball.

I'm not sure what's up with Baker, but truth be told, he looks lost out there and our only wins were due to Chubb being a beast and beating a Jets team without Darnold with the biggest play being a 5 yard slant to OBJ who took it to the house.

I put no on the playoffs because, unless something changes with the offense and penalties soon, we are going to be losing to teams we shouldn't be.

• Like 3

It’s too early to tell, for everything, playoffs included.

The record isn’t even all that awful all things considered, but the way we lost to the Titans and 9ers is what is giving us all pause.

The second half of the schedule is much friendlier and fickle opinions will change a few time by season’s end.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I was never hot on freddie and im cooling. 

Freddies offense vs titans pretty bad

Vs the jets, meh

Vs the rams, terrible

Vs the 9ers awful

Vs the ravens great. 

That is a bad score card 

I realize in our hot take era having patience and perspective is more or less out the window, but does the fact he’s struggled as a rookie HC against a tough early schedule mean he’s not the right guy?

I’m not saying he is or isn’t anything, just that 5 (or 16 even) is just too few to tell.

Coaches, like literally every other profession, typically require some level of experience before becoming great at what they do. Obviously there are exceptions, but not everyone is McVay.  

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I realize in our hot take era having patience and perspective is more or less out the window, but does the fact he’s struggled as a rookie HC against a tough early schedule mean he’s not the right guy?

I mean, I wish we were struggling, I guess what bothers me is he scale of failure, we have freaking suuuuucked. It bugs me the lack of coherence on offense. If we waned to take shots early, why not run chubb once or twice vs the 9ers, if we had some success, say got to 2nd and 5 or 3rd and 2 it opens up the play action? The actions of our offense helped the 9ers  defense more than anything. they have a loaded front 4 fo rushing the passer and a great front 7, and an average secondary. so we ran deep drops, blocked bosa with a TE and didn't run chubb early. We didnt throw any slants or curls to OBJ. 

this is some real basic stuff. 

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not saying he is or isn’t anything, just that 5 (or 16 even) is just too few to tell.

Coaches, like literally every other profession, typically require some level of experience before becoming great at what they do. Obviously there are exceptions, but not everyone is McVay.  

I just wish we looked like we had a plan. Our offense has a broken mind 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I mean, I wish we were struggling, I guess what bothers me is he scale of failure, we have freaking suuuuucked. It bugs me the lack of coherence on offense. If we waned to take shots early, why not run chubb once or twice vs the 9ers, if we had some success, say got to 2nd and 5 or 3rd and 2 it opens up the play action? The actions of our offense helped the 9ers  defense more than anything. they have a loaded front 4 fo rushing the passer and a great front 7, and an average secondary. so we ran deep drops, blocked bosa with a TE and didn't run chubb early. We didnt throw any slants or curls to OBJ. 

this is some real basic stuff. 

I just wish we looked like we had a plan. Our offense has a broken mind 

We are playing Hueball.

• Like 1

I believe I said that I didn't think Freddie was the right hire but that I would support him. I still do, but everything tells me that it's not going to end up well.

I want Baker to be the man. Baker from last season was, but this season has been horrific. Come back Bake.

We're not making the playoffs

I went ALL in on Freddie, Baker, and this team making the playoffs in the offseason.

*I'm not backing down on Baker until this time in 2020. My concerns about him coming out of the draft have been proven correct this year in that he feels pocket ghosts and tries to escape to the outside way too much, does poorly under pressure, and his attitude can be a net negative at points, especially early in his career. That 16-20 game mark is when many young QBs start getting exposed because of the sample size on film. Right now, he sucks at reading a defense, can't scan the whole field, and can't do what our staff is asking him to do. Year 3 is going to be HUGE for him...and after the BYE week this year can be/probably will be pretty telling about him going forward into Year 3.

*I'm not backing down on Freddie until this time in 2020. I'm willing to blame almost all of this on Monken from an offensive standpoint, and I won't start to sour on him until after the BYE week. If he's able to right things on the week off, then I think people will start to come back on board. If the penalties, lack of discipline, and offensive woes don't get fixed, as well as the team/culture/attitudes start to implode, then I will absolutely bail on Freddie.

*I'm not backing down on talking about the playoffs until after our 6th loss. The first half of our schedule is daunting. The back half is cake AND our division is awful. Clearly, this team MAY still make the playoffs, but they aren't a "good" team in the NFL yet. I think that there's a difference.

• Like 2

Ability and Success as a Coordinator does not often translate to success as a HC-Coordinator. We see it time and time again.

NFL Teams and ours don't ever seem to be able to grasp that.

I said it then and no one really agreed but our coaching search was disappointing in terms of the candidate list (i.e., Gregg Williams, Brian Flores, Matt Eberflus, Jim Caldwell, Kevin Stefanski, Dan Campbell, Nick Sirianni, Freddie Kitchens). 

It seemed to me like John Dorsey didn't want to hire a veteran HC b/c he didn't want to end up like he did in KC where the Coach could turn things against him. 

I hope Freddie can turn it around. I actually think that the talent that we have will get wins and could mask Freddie's deficiencies.

It was disappointing then seeing our candidates for the job and looking back on it it's no better.

Edited by Mind Character

6 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Our schedule in the 2nd half of the season is going to be the Great Amnesia Force of the season whereby at the end of the year we'll have an 8-8/9-7 record and people will be holding hands singing kumbaya about how all will be well in time after a 1st round exit in the playoffs. "We made the playoffs the first time in forever and had 8 wins... I trust Freddie" ... I can hear it all now

-Steelers x2; Bengals x2; Miami; Arizona --- In my mind, we will win 6 of our last 7 games. I think we lose to the Seahawks and Patriots but it's a toss-up against Buffalo.

At the end of the year imo, our only quality wins will be Baltimore and maybe against Buffalo with our wins coming against the Jets; Steelers x2; Bengals x2; Miami; Arizona. That to me will serve to mask the real issues with this team giving us enough reasons not to make the necessary changes to help this team get to the next level.

Perhaps...

Also, perhaps it ends up giving this organization and team a shot of confidence (placebo effect or not) headed into 2020 with some playoff experience under their belts and a rejuvenated fanbase backing them.

Assuming Dorsey and company are smart enough to see these limitations, as long as they address needs in the off-season and our QB progresses, along with our young defense, then I don't see a problem there.

• Like 1