(Polls) Do You Believe ...

Mind Character

(Polls) Do You Believe ...  

44 members have voted

1. 1. (Polls) Do You Believe Freddie Kitchens is Going to be a Good Head Coach for the Browns?

• Yes, although it's a struggle right now, but I still believe Freddie is going to be a good head coach.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • No, it might be early, but I've seen enough to know that he's not the guy.
    • It's too early to say
  2. 2. (Polls) Do You Believe Baker Mayfield is Going to be a Great QB?

• Yes, he's still going to be great. He's struggling right now. There's many reasons for that including his own mistakes. Many QBs struggle early in their career. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • No, I think he'll be a good QB, but I'm afraid he's not going to be great.
    • No, he's a Goldi-locks QB: Everything has to be 'Just Right' around him for him to play at a sustained high level. Over-hyped. Probably has an Average to Above Average Career.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • It's too early to say; Could go either way at this point.
  3. 3. (Polls) Do You Believe the Browns Make the Playoffs?

• Yes, we'll still make the playoffs.
    • No, we don't make the playoffs.

15 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

Heres my criticism of him, there is not a single shred of evidence that indicates he is good as a head coach.

What evidence is there after 6 games?  Actual, real evidence??  It’s a 1/3 of a season sample size.  As @buno67 pointed out, Frank Reich went 1-5 to start the season with a veteran/elite QB. 

Was that a great representation of their season?

I wish I could close my eyes and plug my ears and go 'lalalala nothing to see here' but I'm watching the games, I'm pissed off, and I'm not happy accepting the same **** we always accept.

Oh I get it, you’re making judgments based on emotion.  It’s pretty clear tbh.

I don't think the Browns are just supposed to suck cause thats the way they are.

Who’s arguing that?  I don’t think they should suck but having some teething issues with a second year QB and a rookie HC isn’t exactly knocking me off my bar stool here.

Especially when you factor in the schedule.

This team was supposed to be something, and we are wasting it with this bum in charge.

According to who?  The media?  Fans?

This team hasn’t done a damned thing in 30 years and now they supposed to be kicking everyone’s arse without a hitch?   

Are we just pretending culture and experience mean nothing now or...

All I hear are excuses.

You’re hearing what you want to hear then.  

I haven't heard a single well though out comment about why Freddie will succeed.

I mean, what kind of “proof” are you looking for?

If you haven’t noticed, there’s no “formula” for a successful head coach.  If there was teams wouldn’t fail to find those guys as often as they do.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What evidence is there after 6 games?  Actual, real evidence??  It’s a 1/3 of a season sample size.  As @buno67 pointed out, Frank Reich went 1-5 to start the season with a veteran/elite QB. 

Was that a great representation of their season?

Oh I get it, you’re making judgments based on emotion.  It’s pretty clear tbh.

Who’s arguing that?  I don’t think they should suck but having some teething issues with a second year QB and a rookie HC isn’t exactly knocking me off my bar stool here.

Especially when you factor in the schedule.

According to who?  The media?  Fans?

This team hasn’t done a damned thing in 30 years and now they supposed to be kicking everyone’s arse without a hitch?   

Are we just pretending culture and experience mean nothing now or...

You’re hearing what you want to hear then.  

I mean, what kind of “proof” are you looking for?

If you haven’t noticed, there’s no “formula” for a successful head coach.  If there was teams wouldn’t fail to find those guys as often as they do.

I dont know much about the Colts last season. Were they 1-5 because they looked disorganized and poorly managed?

I know theres no formula for a good coach. But theres definitely a formula for a bad coach.

-No disipline

-Penalties everywhere

-No using players to their strengths

-Stubborn to a fault

-Team acts like they are great dispite not proving it

I could keep going. The warning signs are glaringly obvious.

1 minute ago, roger murdock said:

I dont know much about the Colts last season. Were they 1-5 because they looked disorganized and poorly managed?

You seen a lot of organized and well managed 1-5 teams that have an elite QB?

I know theres no formula for a good coach. But theres definitely a formula for a bad coach.

-No disipline

I’m on record before of saying I don’t agree with this entirely.

No coach has ever told a player to jump offsides or line up incorrectly or blow an assignment.  At some point the players have to be held accountable.

-Penalties everywhere

I agree somewhat, but the flags this season have been nuts.  These aren’t all legit issues/penalties imo.

-No using players to their strengths

-Stubborn to a fault

Fair, but I’d argue it’s a small sample size with a lot of new pieces.  I do expect more though.

-Team acts like they are great dispite not proving it

I mean, is that on Freddie or the man who assembled a team full of these personalities?  You can’t draft Baker and trade for OBJ, Randall and Landry and then expect your coach to turn them into s bunch of cliche riddled bots.  

If this is an issue for you, your beef is with Dorsey, not the coach.  These guys were known entities.

I want to see progression in play calling, discipline issues, and QB play the rest of the year. If that gets fixed, I'll be optimistic in 2020. If not, I'll be very worried/concerned about both Freddie and Baker and the potential for failure going forward.