Matthew Slater says Thursday Night games are essentially unsafe

DoleINGout

I've liked Slater since he was drafted out of UCLA and posted about it here along with Tzi. I really hope this is something the NFL loses on in the collective bargaining agreement because it seems like a poor use of everyone's time, effort, and energy on Thursday. That said, I'm looking forward to this particular matchup against the Giants coming up only because the Patriots are playing and I guess Daniel Jones is playing too instead of freaking Eli Manning.

Back to the original point though, I wouldn't mind another lockout if it means losing the Thursday Night games and some of the owners power.

I dont think Thursday night games are well liked by the fans either. Its a pure money grab, and money talks. Doubt Slater or anyone else in the NFLPA's opinion will amount to anything in the next bout of CBA negotiations. Do they want better pension plans? Better safety innovations and equipment? Well you can't get those things without the money generated from another prime time TV slot. Can't is the wrong word, the NFL wont let the NFLPA take with both hands. 

Unfortunately, the last 2 TNF games have been blockbuster - and the NFL primarily cares about ratings and MONEYYY. This will vindicate their decision, and I bet in board meetings, someone utters the line "well given the quality we've seen recently on TNF, it proves that it is safe because players only play at their peak like that if they are at peak physical condition" etc.

I hate when our lads play TNF. Let's hope they pull through