2020 Mock Drafts - Free Agency Time!

kingseanjohn

2 hours ago, samsel23 said:

He was one of my favorites before Leatherwood announced he was going back,  doubt he falls to us.. but if he does he’s a no brainer.

Watched the tape of Becton against N.Dame. Not impressed.

He lunges at the defender. Tries to "grab 'n push" the defender where he wants 'em to go. He "lumbers" along.  I don't see an ability to "pull". He's big enough to be a "door", and get in the way, but really is a poor blocker. He has a hard time sustaining blocks. Rather he simply falls to the wayside.

Edited by mayanfootball

32 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

Watched the tape of Becton against N.Dame. Not impressed.

He lunges at the defender. Tries to "grab 'n push" the defender where he wants 'em to go. He "lumbers" along.  I don't see an ability to "pull". He's big enough to be a "door", and get in the way, but really is a poor blocker. He has a hard time sustaining blocks. Rather he simply falls to the wayside.

Disagree completely on his movement skills and sustaining blocks.  Once he gets his hands on you, you’re done.   He definitely needs to work on his footwork in the run game though.  His pass sets are what is most impressive.  

14 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Disagree completely on his movement skills and sustaining blocks.  Once he gets his hands on you, you’re done.   He definitely needs to work on his footwork in the run game though.  His pass sets are what is most impressive.  

He blows people up too. You see guys fly yards back after contact sometimes. likewise with cut blocks, he can take out two or three people with those like a diving submarine lol.

he needs a lot of refinement, but raw ability is there and given enough time?

8 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

He blows people up too. You see guys fly yards back after contact sometimes. likewise with cut blocks, he can take out two or three people with those like a diving submarine

Extends his arms in the direction of the defender and if he connects, he's strong enough to move people. But he's not fast and can miss. Likewise on cut blocks, its hit or miss and at times will also take out a teammate.

Again, he's not agile, can't pull and his balance is suspect. Too much of a project for the NFL, imo. Definitely not a No.1 DP.

Edited by mayanfootball

15 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

Extends his arms in the direction of the defender and if he connects, he's strong enough to move people. But he's not fast and can miss. Likewise on cut blocks, its hit or miss and at times will also take out a teammate.

Again, he's not agile, can't pull and his balance is suspect. Too much of a project for the NFL, imo. Definitely not a No.1 DP.

He’s pretty quick on his feet for his size, really smooth and no wasted movements. I was thinking about if he could work at guard at first while he develops. 

pulling isn’t a big concern, as long as he can road grade. He gets to the second level pretty well. Total bear at full speed  Or he’s tossing guys into the 2nd level.

all your concerns are why I’ve got him available. He needs work but if he puts it together he’ll dominate.