2020 Mock Drafts - Free Agency Time!

kingseanjohn

1) Laviska Shenault WR Colorado

Watkins and Robinson likely gone and Mahomes’ looming contract we gotta replenish with cheap young talent. Stacked class and Shenault falls right into our laps.

2) Shaun Wade CB/S OSU

A guy that could fall through the cracks. 

3) Zack Moss RB Utah

kinda reminds me of Hunt

4) Lloyd Cushenberry OL LSU

future starter at LG

5) Markus Bailey LB Purdue

random smart ILB, should be good for special teams

Edited by Chiefer

19 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Iron sharpens iron

Biblical quote about the draft. That's a new one. 

I am leaning to 

1st - CB
2nd - TE
3rd-5th - BPA

We have no real holes to fill. This draft is loaded with non-elite CB, TE, RB. It's kind of ordinary for both lines. Draft for the future and fill gaps with FA. 

J

8 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Biblical quote about the draft. That's a new one. 

I am leaning to 

1st - CB
2nd - TE
3rd-5th - BPA

We have no real holes to fill. This draft is loaded with non-elite CB, TE, RB. It's kind of ordinary for both lines. Draft for the future and fill gaps with FA. 

J

Nothing wrong with competition. Especially past the 3rd round. Like a needle in a haystack by that point.

i just don’t see this obsession with TEs. Everybody wants to upgrade the backup TE, but we need a high upside guy for it to be worth it(TE is such a hit or miss position) and this class is lacking honestly.

I think WR is up there too, we likely lose Robinson and Watkins. Will Hardman, Pringle and Kemp step up? Somebody gotta be the X receiver. 

CB we’re gonna need more help, only two signed next year. Hopefully we can re-sign Claiborne at least.

RB could be upgraded. I like Williams though honestly, feel like the OL is a bigger problem than RB in the rushing department.

I’d like to see another pass rusher added or Suggs re-signed. 

Will Wiz re-sign? He seems to have really solidified The line. We pulled him off the couch so I think we can get him back at cheap prices. 

• Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 6:38 PM, Chiefer said:

1) Laviska Shenault WR Colorado

Watkins and Robinson likely gone and Mahomes’ looming contract we gotta replenish with cheap young talent. Stacked class and Shenault falls right into our laps.

2) Shaun Wade CB/S OSU

A guy that could fall through the cracks. 

3) Zack Moss RB Utah

kinda reminds me of Hunt

4) Lloyd Cushenberry OL LSU

future starter at LG

5) Markus Bailey LB Purdue

random smart ILB, should be good for special teams

Shaun Wade stayed at OSU for the 2020 season. He would've been someone, I would love to have drafted at 32 :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, samsel23 said:

cMy point being.. Kelce is playing 4 more years.   You are never going to know if said TE can carry the load as a starter by the time his rookie contract is up.   It’s still a couple years away from drafting his replacement IMO

Kelce is under contract for two more years. So, if you draft a guy NOW .. in two years' time you'll have options whether to give him a new (pricey) contract, go with the younger one, or start from scratch. If you bring in his (potential) replacement only then  .. you'll have to chose between the pricey (and potentially declining) and the unknown.

3 minutes ago, Bullyball said:

Shaun Wade stayed at OSU for the 2020 season. He would've been someone, I would love to have drafted at 32 :D

Quite honestly - I actually don't care who the Chiefs draft in the first round … as long as they draft him at #32.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

Kelce is under contract for two more years. So, if you draft a guy NOW .. in two years' time you'll have options whether to give him a new (pricey) contract, go with the younger one, or start from scratch. If you bring in his (potential) replacement only then  .. you'll have to chose between the pricey (and potentially declining) and the unknown.

If it’s this reasoning I’m confused why people aren’t prioritizing OT higher than.

Fisher’s cap is just as much, and Schwartz is right with Kelce in age.  Meanwhile Kelce is arguably the biggest engine for the offense (after Mahomes).   You kill a ton of chemistry within the locker room and get rid of Mahomes safest target.  

Move OT up on the boards if you’re wanting to find cheaper replacements on offense,  don’t get rid of one of the locker rooms key guys.

But in all,  I’m glad not everyone agrees,  it’s good convo.    And as always go Chiefs

Edited by samsel23

1 hour ago, Bullyball said:

Damn that sucks, was wondering why I haven’t seen him in any mock.😂

cushenberry been impressing at the Senior Bowl, might have to take him in the 2nd lol

1 hour ago, samsel23 said:

If it’s this reasoning I’m confused why people aren’t prioritizing OT higher than.

Fisher’s cap is just as much, and Schwartz is right with Kelce in age.  Meanwhile Kelce is arguably the biggest engine for the offense (after Mahomes).   You kill a ton of chemistry within the locker room and get rid of Mahomes safest target.  

Move OT up on the boards if you’re wanting to find cheaper replacements on offense,  don’t get rid of one of the locker rooms key guys.

But in all,  I’m glad not everyone agrees,  it’s good convo.    And as always go Chiefs

This was my mock which (I think) kicked off the Kelce debate ...

20 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Nothing wrong with competition. Especially past the 3rd round. Like a needle in a haystack by that point.

i just don’t see this obsession with TEs. Everybody wants to upgrade the backup TE, but we need a high upside guy for it to be worth it(TE is such a hit or miss position) and this class is lacking honestly.

I think WR is up there too, we likely lose Robinson and Watkins. Will Hardman, Pringle and Kemp step up? Somebody gotta be the X receiver. 

CB we’re gonna need more help, only two signed next year. Hopefully we can re-sign Claiborne at least.

RB could be upgraded. I like Williams though honestly, feel like the OL is a bigger problem than RB in the rushing department.

I’d like to see another pass rusher added or Suggs re-signed. 

Will Wiz re-sign? He seems to have really solidified The line. We pulled him off the couch so I think we can get him back at cheap prices. 

Agree about the TE. Not a need yet. No dropoff with Kelce yet.

I think we're ok at WR for now. Maybe grab a late rd. possession WR.

Definite need at CB. 1st. 2nd.rd. need IMO

Not needing alot of help at RB this year, but would like the Utah RB if he falls to 4th.rd.

Edge rusher is a need. Get 'em early tho.

I like "Wiz" too. he's been great for us. But he's not a long term solution. Draft Oline help.

• Like 1