2020 Mock Drafts - Free Agency Time!

kingseanjohn

Post Pats game.  Offensive inconsistencies are maddening,  OL needs to be addressed with versatile guys.  

Let go:  Sammy Watkins, Cameron Erving , Chris Jones, Kendall Fuller , Jordan Lucas, Darron Lee, LeSean McCoy

Keep: Anthony Sherman, Demarcus Robinson, Morris Claiborne, Beshaud Breeland , Reggie Ragland , Andrew Wylie, Byron Pringle, Stefen Wisniewski, Matt Moore/Chad Henne, Mike Pennel, Emmanuel Ogbah

25: R1P25 : LT/LG ALEX LEATHERWOOD  ALABAMA

57: R2P25 : LG/C LLOYD CUSHENBERRY

LSU

89: R3P25 :RB CLYDE EDWARDS-HELAIRE

LSU

131: R4P25: CB AMIK ROBERTSON

LOUISIANA TECH

143: R4P37 : RT/OGLUCAS NIANG

TCU

168: R5P24 :CB JEFF GLADNEY

TCU

17 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

That's hard to read. Please organize the format. We usually do OTC drafts in a separate thread.

Leatherwood would be great, but that's a ten pick slide. Cushenberry seems a reach and also not thrilled with Edwards-Helaire that high.

J

Sorry organizing via mobile is not this forums strong suit.

Will probably have to reach if we want a quality center in this draft.  After the first two there’s a drop,  an even bigger drop after the next 2.  Wasn’t comfortable with Humphrey is round 1.  

Maybe on Edwards-Helaire, I see him moving up quite a bit before draft time.  He’s so versatile,  there might be better runners but not sure there’s a RB more fit for this offense in this draft.  

Following Samsel's plan; although if Jones is gone, we better have gotten some prime picks for him.

Let go:  Sammy Watkins, Cameron Erving , Chris Jones, Kendall Fuller , Jordan Lucas, Darron Lee, LeSean McCoy

Keep: Anthony Sherman, Demarcus Robinson, Morris Claiborne, Beshaud Breeland , Reggie Ragland , Andrew Wylie, Byron Pringle, Stefen Wisniewski, Matt Moore/Chad Henne, Mike Pennel, Emmanuel Ogbah

1.26 Tyler Biadasz C Wisconsin - If he's available, he's my pick 95% of the time.

2.26 Brycen Hopkins, TE Purdue - Our backup TE situation is bad. Like worse than Demetrius Harris bad. Kelce is 30 and has three years left on his deal. Hopkins can be a very good #2 while being groomed to be the #1 TE.

3.26 Dylan Moses, LB Alabama - Good depth/situational player and potential day one starter.

4.26 Najee Harris, RB Alabama - Solid consolation prize in the 4th. He's not in my top 4 favorite RB for us, but he may be #5. He should start day one. (top 4 in no order: Swift, Benjamin, Taylor, Moss)

4.37 Neville Gallimore, DL Oklahoma - The man is 330+lbs and ran a 4.76 40yd dash. He's athletic as hell and is a handful for OL. Great rotational guy for our DL.

5.25 Isaiah Hodgins, WR Oregon State - Big frame with ability to be a deep threat and possession type WR. I'm looking at him to be a situational WR while playing ST. He'll probably go before here come draft day.

I wanted to get a CB at some point. But with Ward, Breeland, Claiborne, and Fenton; I felt ok with sticking with this group for one more year.

I don't see Biadasz as reasonably likely, at least at this point in the process. The underclassmen may push him back to us, but I have him going top 25 and we aren't that high. 

I didn't plan this to be a high lettercount draft, but it came out that way. 

1) LB Shaquille Quarterman - Miami
2) C Creed Humphrey - Oklahoma
3) DL Levi Onwuzurike - Washington
4a) S Hamsah Nasirildeen - Florida St
4b) RB Anthony McFarland - Maryland

J

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2019 at 1:05 PM, mayanfootball said:
25: R1P25
OT ALEX LEATHERWOOD
ALABAMA
57: R2P25
LB KENNETH MURRAY
OKLAHOMA
89: R3P25
S DOUGLAS COLEMAN
TEXAS TECH
Oline is an obvious need. Next 2 picks have speed. They're missles. Obvious upgrade at LB and Coleman creates turnovers and can play CB and S.

Oh man, I'd love to get Leatherwood and Murray but I don't see it happening.

Not sure about Coleman though but I haven't researched any safeties at all and likely won't. Thornhill and Mathieu are both under contract for 2+ years and our depth is decent.

I plan on using the following thought process for this and future mocks:

Franchise Tag: Chris Jones, intention to keep but would trade for right price

Re-sign: Chad Henne, Anthony Sherman, Stefen Wisniewski, Mike Pennel, Emmanuel Ogbah, Reggie Ragland,  Kendall Fuller, Keith Reaser, Blake Bell

Walk: Matt Moore, LeSean McCoy, Demarcus Robinson, Xavier Williams, Darron Lee, Bashaud Breeland, Mo Claiborne, Jordan Lucas

Cut: Sammy Watkins (save $14mil), Cam Erving (save $4.7mil)

With the cuts we'd be expected to have around $40mil in cap space, pre-franchise tag. That makes re-signings extremely tight, especially with Chris Jones getting tagged (estimated to be 16.3mil). With the Clark cap hits, it's near impossible to sign Jones AND Mahomes to new deals. Jones should net us good trade value which I won't estimate.

However, I don't know if the calculator that I"m using takes into account roll over cap. So it may be quite a bit higher as we have $23mil currently in cap space. In 2021, this team is going to start looking real different, but this isn't cap space talk....

FINAL MOCK OF 2019:

1.27 Trevon Diggs CB Alabama - Would start outside day one opposite Ward with Fuller playing inside

2.27 D'Andre Swift RB Georgia - Not only one of the best RB in this great class but one of the best fitting for us

3.27 Charles Snowden LB Virginia - Good coverage LB that can rush as well

4.27 Lucas Niang OT TCU - Replaces Cam Erving at swing tackle now and potentially Fisher or Schwartz in two years

5.26 Hunter Bryant TE Washington - He could push Bell to 3rd string or waivers but likely needs a year as 3rd string/role player

Note: Fanspeak no longer has us with pick a comp pick, which we should be receiving one for Steven Nelson.

I wasn't completely happy with the Snowden pick but I like the rest. I really wanted to get IOL at some point but the board never fell for it except in the 1st and I wanted to go a different direction this time around.

Round 1: CJ Henderson CB Florida

Potential to be a number one corner

Round 2: Solomon Kindley G Georgia

big fella with movement skill, just like Reid likes em 

Round 3: Jacob Phillips LB LSU

Round 4: Antonio Gandy-Golden WR Liberty

Round 5: Kylin Hill RB Mississippi State 

New Years day draft. Judith is making soup and cornbread, so here is what falls out.

29. Alex Leatherwood, Alabama - OT
61.     Albert Okwuegbunam, Missouri - TE
93.     Monty Rice, Georgia - LB
125. Jonathan Garvin, Miami - DE

Leatherwood seems to be slipping from his earlier perch. It looks like the end of day #1 will have a lot of OL talent available.
Travis Kelce is 30. He is far from done, but an eventual replacement is due. Okwuegbunam my favorite of the top 3.
I don't know why Rice is not getting more traction. He's a steal after #90.
Garvin is a system fit. Spags likes them long and lean.

J

I would love to have a shot at center Tyler Biadasz out of Wisconsin.  He is very solid in pass protection, and a downhill road-grader in the run game.  He would snap to and protect Mahomes, and open holes in the run game.  IOL are not sexy 1st round picks, but Biadasz would solidify (arguably) the best offense in the NFL for many years to come.

• Like 1