2020 Mock Drafts - Free Agency Time!

kingseanjohn

It's way too early to not only project where we pick, but also where players will land. But front office/personnel is my thing so I'm kicking this off super early. Plus it forces me to scout a few players each time I do this.

2020 Free Agents:

CB: Claiborne, Breeland, Reaser, Fuller

DL: Ogbah, Jones, Williams,

LB: Lee, Ragland

S: Lucas

QB: Henne, Moore

RB: Sherman, McCoy

OL: Wylie

TE: Bell, Yelder, Wells

WR: Thomas, Robinson, Kemp, Pringle (plus potential cut in Watkins)

Draft Results:

1.30 Tyler Biadasz, OL Wisconsin - day one starter and looking like the best IOL this draft

2.30 Kenneth Murray, LB Oklahoma - likely day one starter at OLB

3.30 Eno Benjamin, RB Arizona State - his power and balance remind me of Hunt, could start early

4.30 Tuf Borland, LB Ohio State - depth at MLB if not potential starter

4.37 Mitchell Wilcox, TE South Florida - depth and better than Bell/Yelder who are FA, although it may be early for him

5.29 Collin Johnson, WR Texas - depth and someone who can be our number 3-5 WR as we're likely to lose WRs in FA

Ultimately I wish I could've got a CB or DL but the board didn't fall in a favorable way. Even then, this doesn't appear to be a great class for either.

Edited by kingseanjohn
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Kemp and Pringle will be RFA/ERFA's.    We have control on them still.     Just FYI, although i'm sure you know.  

Don't know too much about the draft prospects this year yet.

Same. I wanted to get an early start this year so I don’t get overwhelmed and not have to cram later. 

I failed to look two years out yesterday and realized that Fisher (31), Schwartz (32), and LDT (31) wil all be FA. So OL should probably  be double dipped in this good OT class. 

• 1 month later...

This one started out as my worst case scenario; Biadasz and Murray were both gone. But overall I'm ok with it and I think it helps the team win now and not just developmental guys.

1.28 Isaiah Simmons, LB Clemson - Should start day one. Not my favorite player but I wouldn't mind it with the way the board fell.

2.28 Jonathan Taylor, RB Wisconsin - Should start day one and be the dynamic RB we're missing.

3.28 Neville Gallimore, DL Oklahoma - Initially depth. Jones and Pennel may not be back and he could start with Nnadi in a year or two.

4.28 Jake Hanson, C Oregon - The highlights are for Herbert, but he's the center (#55). He had a long snap streak going until he was targeted and injured. I could see him starting day one.

4.37 Josiah Scott, CB Michigan State - The biggest (only?) knock is his size. He's listed at 5'10" but he can play. As long as we don't line him up across from a Megatron he should be fine.

No point in doing this unless you post both re-signed FA and draft position. 

Re-sign Breelan, Fuller, Jones, Ogbah, Moore, Robinson
Pick 28

1) Javon Kinlaw DL - S Carolina
2) Travis Etienne RB - Clemson
3) Charles Snowden LB - Virginia
4a) Luc Barcoo CB - San Diego St
4b) Calvin Throckmorton OL - Oregon

Rnd #1) I was hoping either Alex Leatherwood or Tyler Biadasz would slip to us, but no joy.  CB pickings are thin, but Kinlaw could have gone top 15.
Rnd #2-#4) The second round had a run on outside defensive players. Skill positions slipped a bit. Etienne was the best of a nice cluster of RB. Snowden was a monster in 2018 and slipped a bit, so he slid a bit.  Barcoo and Throckmorton are BPA. 

J

4 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Not gonna lie but I think Deandre Swift wouldn’t be a bad pick in the first.

reids offenses really hum with a number one option at RB.

i know other needs elsewhere, but I wouldn’t hate if he’s BPA

I wouldn’t hate it but I wouldn’t love it either. All depends how the board falls. 

20 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

We were patching the OL together last year and the Patriots bring elite pressure. It's an area to watch, but not the primary concern in the draft.

That said, one of the elite OG/C options would not make me cry. ;)

J

Honestly in the 20s it’s whatever you can get at that point

hard to project who will be there.

Biadasz, Lemieux(?), Kingsley seem like solid interior options late first. 

Walterfootball been consistently giving us an OT, not really hating there either. Reid loves to convert those guys to the interior