2020 Mock Drafts - Free Agency Time!

kingseanjohn

Without Alex L at OT available, I changed up my draft. Players fell differently than I'd expected.

29: R1P29
C TYLER BIADASZ
WISCONSIN                               Obvious need
61: R2P29
S XAIVER MCKINNEY
ALABAMA                                  Replacement for Daniel Sorensen, Juan Thornhill
93: R3P29
LB AKEEM DAVIS-GAITHER
APPALACHIAN STATE             Replacement for Hitchens (other?)

137: R4P29                           
DL ROSS BLACKLOCK
TCU
           It's possible the Chiefs let CJ95 go. Blacklock is insurance against that. He's a disruptor at the LOS.

Edited by mayanfootball
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

Without Alex L at OT available, I changed up my draft. Players fell differently than I'd expected.

C TYLER BIADASZ
WISCONSIN                               Obvious need
S XAIVER MCKINNEY
ALABAMA                                  Replacement for Daniel Sorensen, Juan Thornhill
LB AKEEM DAVIS-GAITHER
APPALACHIAN STATE             Replacement for Hitchens (other?)

DL ROSS BLACKLOCK
TCU
           It's possible the Chiefs let CJ95 go. Blacklock is insurance against that. He's a disruptor at the LOS.

Please do OTC drafts in the OTC thread. This thread is for the old fashioned kind. 

If Chris Jones stays, my draft would look more like the following:

CB A.J. TERRELL            Chiefs aquire a shutdown corner
CLEMSON                     
S XAIVER MCKINNEY     Replacement for Sorensen, sub for Thornhill
ALABAMA
OT SAM COSMI              Guy has a motor and is "sticky".
TEXAS
LB JACOB PHILLIPS       new  blood please.
LSU

Another prospect I'm starting to like is TE Brycen Hopkins. Coming off of a monster season, could add a whole new dimension to our offense with those 2 TE sets and give us a viable  replacement for Kelce down the road or if Kelce gets hurt.  He's not a good blocker but you can teach that much more than receiving ability. This guy looks like the TE in this class with the most 1000 yards rec in a season type of potential. Imagine Hill and Hardman out wide and Kelce and Hopkins on the edge of the OL. Thats a nightmare cover for the other team. Would be a great pick for us if he's still there at the bottom of the 2nd round, or maybe an option late in the 1st if his stock rises enough during the combine.

3 hours ago, Kirill said:

Another prospect I'm starting to like is TE Brycen Hopkins. Coming off of a monster season, could add a whole new dimension to our offense with those 2 TE sets and give us a viable  replacement for Kelce down the road or if Kelce gets hurt.  He's not a good blocker but you can teach that much more than receiving ability. This guy looks like the TE in this class with the most 1000 yards rec in a season type of potential. Imagine Hill and Hardman out wide and Kelce and Hopkins on the edge of the OL. Thats a nightmare cover for the other team. Would be a great pick for us if he's still there at the bottom of the 2nd round, or maybe an option late in the 1st if his stock rises enough during the combine.

If he’s there in the 2nd I’d take him, unless someone unexpected falls. I wouldn’t pick him in the 1st though. 

1st round needs to be BPA OL, RB, LB, or CB imo. 

I have no clue about college players .. thus no names. But Biadasz seems to be top of the crop at Center.

If I look at needs I like to focus on one. And if I look a ONE position right now: That's the OL. I did a sim recently and ended up with OC-OG-CB-LB .. and I really liked it positionswise.

My assumption: Jones, Kemp, Bell, Pennel or Williams return, CB will be shored up with 2 mid-of-the-pack vets (like Breeland, Claiborne). Watkins walks, a vet WR comes on (could even be Robinson, wouldn't mind that).

Will get into more detail in the roster review … 

I don't know much about college players .. did a little reading about possible fits. Biadasz seems to be top of the crop at Center - and borderline 1st round if I look at a whole bunch of mocks.

My assumption moving forward: Jones, Kemp, Bell, Pennel or Williams return, CB will be shored up with 2 mid-of-the-pack vets (like Breeland, Claiborne). Watkins walks, a vet WR comes on (could even be Robinson, wouldn't mind that). 

And then I did my first OTC draft:

29: C   TYLER BIADASZ, WISCONSIN 
I don't think this needs much of an explanation.

61: RB   JONATHAN TAYLOR, WISCONSIN
I was definitely not looking for a RB here, but that's how it fell. The Mahomes/Taylor combo should strike fear into anyone approaching Arrowhead.

93: OT   ROBERT HUNT, LOUISIANA-LAFAYETTE
Another OL? Yes! I see him more as a guard in the pros, but could also become the swing tackle. With him on the Team you have Wylie, Reiter, Allegretti, Hunt, and (if he stays) LDT to find two OG, assuming Biadasz is the week one starter at C. Could be worse.

132: LB   TROY DYE, OREGON
Could be the Ragland replacement. Has more range, but may need a year to build up more strength.

174: TE   HUNTER BRYANT, WASHINGTON
Not sure about this guy. Saw him going high in the 3rd round in some mocks. Reads like a good complement to Kelce, and with a bit development, may his successor.

7 hours ago, KC_Guy said:

174: TE   HUNTER BRYANT, WASHINGTON
Not sure about this guy. Saw him going high in the 3rd round in some mocks. Reads like a good complement to Kelce, and with a bit development, may his successor.

He's good. Luckily we have time to development a TE to eventually take over for Kelce. I included one of Bryant's highlights videos in my mock with him on page 2. Just click on his name.

Edit: In this draft, I would take Brycen Hopkins in the 2nd or 3rd. Anyone else I'd wait until the 4th or later. But considering our needs and depth at other positions, I don't think I'd want to go TE early so Hopkins is likely out.

Edited by kingseanjohn

1 minute ago, onejayhawk said:

No way Taylor lasts to the end of round two. He may not make it to #29. Then again, neither will Baidasz. Shouldn't we try to be a bit realistic?

J

I could see Taylor falling with all the talent in this draft. I've done a couple mocks that I haven't posted and each time Taylor is there in the 2nd.  Biadasz usually goes around our pick in the 1st as well. But I really don't see that happening draft day. But this is the way fanspeak and some others keep falling.

Just now, kingseanjohn said:

I could see Taylor falling with all the talent in this draft. I've done a couple mocks that I haven't posted and each time Taylor is there in the 2nd.  Biadasz usually goes around our pick in the 1st as well. But I really don't see that happening draft day. But this is the way fanspeak and some others keep falling.

Fine. Have him fall half a round to pick #40.

Fanspeak is a different thread. This one is for the old fashioned kind, without AI assistance.

J

14 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

No way Taylor lasts to the end of round two. He may not make it to #29. Then again, neither will Baidasz. Shouldn't we try to be a bit realistic?

J

There’s a glut of high end RB talent in this draft. Swift, Dobbins, Taylor, Etienne 

someone's gonna fall, and Taylor’s got the most mileage.

Biadasz is realistic, end of the first is about right for a very good Center prospect