2020 Mock Drafts - Free Agency Time!

kingseanjohn

22 minutes ago, Kirill said:

The more I think about this draft the more I want us to draft pretty much all offense. Gonna likely be paying Mahomes something like 40M/yr  this off season. Get two playmakers and two starting caliber OL on a rookie deal. Set Mahomes up with some guys he could play the next 10 years with.

With the way this draft is looking, this would be the best thing to do imo. Outside of the top 2-3 LB, they aren't a big enough upgrade to skip over the talent of other

My goal going into this, assuming 5 picks, is something like OL, RB, TE, OL, WR. I could substitute a CB for TE since we need the depth. I'm just seeing that the TE class next year projects be real good. So unless one of the top two this year falls, I may wait.

29 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

With the way this draft is looking, this would be the best thing to do imo. Outside of the top 2-3 LB, they aren't a big enough upgrade to skip over the talent of other

My goal going into this, assuming 5 picks, is something like OL, RB, TE, OL, WR. I could substitute a CB for TE since we need the depth. I'm just seeing that the TE class next year projects be real good. So unless one of the top two this year falls, I may wait.

I agree. They sorted a lot of the issue with the LB during the second half. It won't be Hali, Johnson and Houston, but they get by OK. Likewise, Reiter has come on at C.

This is a good draft for CB, so I would take one in the 1st if available. A ready to play OG or an eventual replacements for Schwartz and Kelce would be nice. Like most years, I think trading down is a good plan.

J

7 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

I agree. They sorted a lot of the issue with the LB during the second half. It won't be Hali, Johnson and Houston, but they get by OK. Likewise, Reiter has come on at C.

This is a good draft for CB, so I would take one in the 1st if available. A ready to play OG or an eventual replacements for Schwartz and Kelce would be nice. Like most years, I think trading down is a good plan.

J

Yeah if Biadasz or a good tackle isn't available I'm all for trading down.

Also would be happy with taking a good CB if one is available, just not expecting that at pick 32.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kirill said:

Yeah if Biadasz or a good tackle isn't available I'm all for trading down.

Also would be happy with taking a good CB if one is available, just not expecting that at pick 32.

There are a bunch of mid-ranked OT. If that is what we are looking to get, trading back 10-15 slots would be perfect. It's also where the TEs start showing up. By the chart, trading back from #32 to #45 would be worth a late 3rd round pick or a 2021 2nd. The Patriots did this for years. 

J

Jonathan Taylor has one impressive resume as a RB. 6th all time NCAA leading rusher with basically 3 consecutive seasons of 2000 yards. Comes across very professional in his interviews and looks huge and NFL ready but apparently still has around 4.40 speed. Also isn't a moron returning for a 4th season. Would be happy if we got him at 32.

Edited by Kirill

1 hour ago, Kirill said:

Jonathan Taylor has one impressive resume as a RB. 6th all time NCAA leading rusher with basically 3 consecutive seasons of 2000 yards. Comes across very professional in his interviews and looks huge and NFL ready but apparently still has around 4.40 speed. Also isn't a moron returning for a 4th season. Would be happy if we got him at 32.

I mostly worry about his usage. He's had a lot of touches. Plus I think DeAndre Swift or Zack Moss would fit our offense better. Swift should be there in the 1st with a slight chance in the 2nd. Moss should be available in the 2nd or maybe 3rd.

edit: Here's a link of some of Moss' highlights from this past year

Edited by kingseanjohn
  • Like 1

1) Mekhi Becton OL Louisville

6’7 350+ with amazing movement skills. Easily replaces Erving and develops to replace Schwartz

2) Evan Weaver LB Cal

instinctual LB should really help the LB Corp 

3) Shane Lemieux G Oregon

Solid Guard prospect should challenge Wylie at LG

4) Keyshawn Vaughn RB Vanderbilt

5) Joey Magnifico TE Memphis

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chiefer said:

1) Mekhi Becton OL Louisville

6’7 350+ with amazing movement skills. Easily replaces Erving and develops to replace Schwartz

2) Evan Weaver LB Cal

instinctual LB should really help the LB Corp 

3) Shane Lemieux G Oregon

Solid Guard prospect should challenge Wylie at LG

4) Keyshawn Vaughn RB Vanderbilt

5) Joey Magnifico TE Memphis

Would love this one,   Not that crazy about Weaver though.  Becton could replace Fisher or Schwartz,  not sure he drops to us anymore 

13 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I mostly worry about his usage. He's had a lot of touches. Plus I think DeAndre Swift or Zack Moss would fit our offense better. Swift should be there in the 1st with a slight chance in the 2nd. Moss should be available in the 2nd or maybe 3rd.

I like Moss. Swift is still too small for the NFL. He's fast, but not a short yardage thumper. Taylor is really good. But does his running style complement the Chiefs uptempo offense?

2 hours ago, samsel23 said:

Would love this one,   Not that crazy about Weaver though.  Becton could replace Fisher or Schwartz,  not sure he drops to us anymore 

Between him and Jordyn Brooks, not really many good ILBs this year.

Depends on how things turn out. Might scare teams off with his weight. Everybody needs OL help though.

49 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

Is this a guy with weight issues? How does he move around with all this weight? Muscle or fat?

Muscle is what helps one move yes

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

He also has fat, as do most people 350+ Lbs

I mean looking at the man,  he definitely holds that’s 350 very well.   He’s a legitimate LT prospect with the way he loves even at that size.    Poe was always up there in weight also, but never hurt his athletic ability 

He was one of my favorites before Leatherwood announced he was going back,  doubt he falls to us.. but if he does he’s a no brainer.