Week 7 GDT: The Saints

JAF-N72EX

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

The Saints are the best team in the NFC.

Our offense can only be compared to Miami and the NY Jets.

I am not sure how anyone puts this up as a W, bye week or not.

If Brees is back then it's fair to expect an L but I think we can contain Teddy though it will be tough to contain Kamara if both Hicks and Nichols are ruled out.

This is the classic game that you just feel the Bears defense will get up for similar to the Rams game last year.  This will also be the 2nd consecutive road game for the Saints, which is always a tough spot for a team to win.

This is a game where the offense absolutely can't lay an egg.  Need a big performance here.

Edited by topwop1

18 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

If Brees is back then it's fair to expect an L but I think we can contain Teddy though it will be tough to contain Kamara if both Hicks and Nichols are ruled out.

This is the classic game that you just feel the Bears defense will get up for similar to the Rams game last year.  This will also be the 2nd consecutive road game for the Saints, which is always a tough spot for a team to win.

This is a game where the offense absolutely can't lay an egg.  Need a big performance here.

Based on all available evidence.... Not happening.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Based on all available evidence.... Not happening.

Correction... I think they just need to be able to sustain some longer drives and limit the amount of 3 n outs and penalties.

I'd like to see Nagy commit to more protection this game and work off play action to hit those large passing plays.

Enough of the gimmick RPO stuff all the time.  Ya it's good every now and then but it's only sustainable when you have guys who can consistently win their 1 on 1 battles in the trenches.

As sad as it is to say I think the Bears just need to go back to an old school offensive mentality of playing physical run the ball kind of football until things click and they can be more adventurous with the play calling.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Correction... I think they just need to be able to sustain some longer drives and limit the amount of 3 n outs and penalties.

I'd like to see Nagy commit to more protection this game and work off play action to hit those large passing plays.

Enough of the gimmick RPO stuff all the time.  Ya it's good every now and then but it's only sustainable when you have guys who can consistently win their 1 on 1 battles in the trenches.

As sad as it is to say I think the Bears just need to go back to an old school offensive mentality of playing physical run the ball kind of football until things click and they can be more adventurous with the play calling.

I think we have scheme, QB, OL, and TE issues. Tall order to get that solved over a bye week.

I agree they should go back to a simple and violent attack, but they cannot do that with Long and Leno. They do not really have the personnel to people move and beat people up.

I would love to see them swing a trade with the Raiders for David Sharpe a 340lbs LT that can maul.

9 hours ago, topwop1 said:

The Bears were able to stop Cook with both Nichols and Hicks out and he is as good as Kamara. This is a must win for the Bears because of the loss to the Raiders. They need to be 5-2 before the Philly game or they will have a hard time going 9-7.

Saints looking like a very strong team right now even without Brees. Once he's back they are a championship contender. Even without him they still look extremely solid. This will be a very tough game to win and with how dysfunctional our offense looks, I give our team a slim chance to win the game. We have the bye week but this offense is going to have to do a complete 180 for us to succeed and I don't see how it is possible.

Edited by BACK2MACKSACK

34 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I actually think the Bears win this game by 2 possessions

Bears 26-17

26 points?

The Saints are the best defense they have faced or at least on par with the Vikings.

I am not sure the Bears could score 26 points if you gave them 7 quarters to do it.

I am not seeing a lot of faith in the bears.  Wondering if they had pulled out a win against the Raiders in the fourth, if that would have changed the perception for everyone going into week 7.  With a potential healthy Mitch, the offense will be a lot better off, which will help the D.  Ya I am one of those guys that blame the Jet lag for the way the bears came out flat on D, but each unit feeds off each other, and if Mitch is back, i am pretty confident in the bears winning in week 7.

2 hours ago, BearsFanForever said:

I am not seeing a lot of faith in the bears.  Wondering if they had pulled out a win against the Raiders in the fourth, if that would have changed the perception for everyone going into week 7.  With a potential healthy Mitch, the offense will be a lot better off, which will help the D.  Ya I am one of those guys that blame the Jet lag for the way the bears came out flat on D, but each unit feeds off each other, and if Mitch is back, i am pretty confident in the bears winning in week 7.

No, a late win against the Raiders would have been nice, but hardly confidence building in a BAD offense.

Why are you confident? This offense sucks with Mitch of Chase. I have no doubts the defense will bounce back even without Hicks, but the offense is broken at its core.

Edited by WindyCity

4 hours ago, BearsFanForever said:

Absolutely. 4-1 is much better than 3-2, and everyone here would be psyched.

4 hours ago, BearsFanForever said:

Momentum is huge in football.  Right now we have no momentum at all.  Games have been close, but uninspiring.  Had we pulled out GB and Oak things may be different even with all the flaws still present because of momentum.  

Plus, @WindyCitymakes some good points.  Offense was bad with a healthy Mitch.  Now he has to play with a bum shoulder that could take him out of game with any hard contact.  That injury is painful as heck.   

You still have to play without or with 3 of your top 5 DL hurting.  Roquan Smith is not playing well.   

You have to either replace Long with an unproven inexperienced player or live with Long stinking up the joint.  Neither choice bods well for a leap in improved play.  Although early in MN game it did look much improved.  So it's possible.    

Things can change in a hurry and in unexpected ways.  It just doesn't look good right now.