Week 7 GDT: The Saints

JAF-N72EX

47 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

We are done with the Trubiksy thing now? Right?

We don’t need to see more regression and him being totally and utterly lost?

We can shift the conversation to the next QB now?

I don't blame people for having made up their mind that he's a bust but I don't think the team will give up on him just yet.  Nagy said he's absolutely sticking with Mitch so we're stuck with him for better or worse.

At this point I think you just have to keep playing him because Daniel is not going to do any better given what's happening with the offense.

Though I think it's obvious now that you cannot go into next season with these 2 guys as your QB.  You need to bring in some legitimate options.  

Count Teddy Bridgewater out because given his play lately he is going to command a nice payday on a multi year deal which the Bears simply cannot afford unless they cut bait with Mitch after this year and make a few other cuts. I also don't know if signing Teddy to a massive deal would be a smart gamble for any team other than maybe the Saints.  He's in a great spot there.

Mariota may be an option but he's more or less the same kind of QB as Mitch is so I wouldn't feel too confident with those 2 guys next year.

They need a veteran QB who knows the offense i.e. A Smith or Foles.   If Jalen Hurts is somehow available in the 2nd round of the draft try and get him, otherwise wait until 2021 when you have a first round pick again because depending on how the rest of 2019 and 2020 seasons go the Bears may be cleaning house at GM/HC anyway if expectations are not met.

Edited by topwop1

I want to make a tangential point. The offensive coordinator for the Seahawks is Brian Schottenheimer. He is not someone who is known for innovation or even competence, yet Russell Wilson is playing out of his mind. Matt Lefluer was not able to do anything with Mariota yet Rogers just threw for 5 TDs yesterday.

We can blame Nagy and Fox and Loggains all we want, but we don't have a QB who can make throws, who can read the field or do anything worthy of his 2nd selection. 

I would like to give Nagy a shot with a competent QB who can actually run his system before throwing in the towel with him. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

I want to make a tangential point. The offensive coordinator for the Seahawks is Brian Schottenheimer. He is not someone who is known for innovation or even competence, yet Russell Wilson is playing out of his mind. Matt Lefluer was not able to do anything with Mariota yet Rogers just threw for 5 TDs yesterday.

We can blame Nagy and Fox and Loggains all we want, but we don't have a QB who can make throws, who can read the field or do anything worthy of his 2nd selection. 

I would like to give Nagy a shot with a competent QB who can actually run his system before throwing in the towel with him. 

A competent QB coupled with a competent o-line / run game.

At this point I am looking at relieving Harry Hiestand of his duties after this season.  The line has regressed so bad in the matter of 1 year that you have to wonder what the heck happened.

Nagy's offense wasn't great in 2018 and Mitch was just average but at least they were running the ball a bit better and held up in pass pro.  This year it's the complete opposite. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

A competent QB coupled with a competent o-line / run game.

At this point I am looking at relieving Harry Hiestand of his duties after this season.  The line has regressed so bad in the matter of 1 year that you have to wonder what the heck happened.

Nagy's offense wasn't great in 2018 and Mitch was just average but at least they were running the ball a bit better and held up in pass pro.  This year it's the complete opposite. 

Its baffling how badly the offense has regressed and especially Mitch. I think defenses have found ways to shut him down and he hasn't been able to take that second leap all players need to do to be a competent starter.

It happens all the time if you think about it, RG3 looked great for 2 years and then was "found out." Cam had one good year in 2015 and has since been an average QB. The list goes on and on. It's a crap shoot tbh we need to draft a QB next year and then the following year.

Drafting a QB once every 10 years is not working for us. 

54 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

We are done with the Trubiksy thing now? Right?

We don’t need to see more regression and him being totally and utterly lost?

We can shift the conversation to the next QB now?

Andy Dalton sucks less than Trubisky. Maybe they go out and grab him? IIRC his remaining deal isn't bad

Well the way I see it and Biggs touched on it this morning in his article. Nagy isn't just going to come out after a loss and say Mitch is getting benched. I think by Wednesday we should know for sure. Personally I thought he should have been benched after that 4th down throwaway.

As for going forward I think most people know what I think of him on here....as far as I'm concerned his free ride as a starter here is done. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

It is a little upsetting to see Nagy get turned into

-Mitch is our QB (Lovie)

-Mitch had a great week of practice (Trestman)

-Blaming the negativity on the media (Fox)

The practice stuff is getting annoying but the rest of the stuff is just standard coach speak. He's trying to not have a full collapse like Trestman. He wasn't blaming the negativity on the media. He was just saying that everyone is pissed and the sky is falling for most people right after that loss. They really do need to block it out. I don't believe for a second that he's going to roll with Mitch the entire season with the way he played yesterday. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GOGRIESE said:

Well the way I see it and Biggs touched on it this morning in his article. Nagy isn't just going to come out after a loss and say Mitch is getting benched. I think by Wednesday we should know for sure. Personally I thought he should have been benched after that 4th down throwaway.

As for going forward I think most people know what I think of him on here....as far as I'm concerned his free ride as a starter here is done. 

Lol please don't take this as me defending Mitch but going back to that 4th down play Cohen was supposed to ran past the 1st down marker and he was short of it.  Mitch threw it to where he was supposed to go.  

Now that's not to say that Mitch couldn't have made another read or tried to run for the 1st down himself but on that pass Cohen was not where he needed to be and apparently on the throw to Miller earlier in the game that we all criticized Mitch for both Nagy and Mitch confirmed Miller ran the wrong route.

This is why I am so frustrated by these young players like Cohen and Miller, etc.  They need to have better awareness of where they are on the field and what they are being asked to do and not mouthing off to the other team after each play they touch the ball.

That's why I'm saying these kids need to be benched to show some accountability.  Give me Wims and activate Ridley and see what he's got instead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Lol please don't take this as me defending Mitch but going back to that 4th down play Cohen was supposed to ran past the 1st down marker and he was short of it.  Mitch threw it to where he was supposed to go.  

Now that's not to say that Mitch couldn't have made another read or tried to run for the 1st down himself but on that pass Cohen was not where he needed to be and apparently on the throw to Miller earlier in the game that we all criticized Mitch for both Nagy and Mitch confirmed Miller ran the wrong route.

This is why I am so frustrated by these young players like Cohen and Miller, etc.  They need to have better awareness of where they are on the field and what they are being asked to do and not mouthing off to the other team after each play they touch the ball.

That's why I'm saying these kids need to be benched to show some accountability.  Give me Wims and activate Ridley and see what he's got instead.

I think Miller should see the bench for atleast a week. 

1 minute ago, GOGRIESE said:

I think Miller should see the bench for atleast a week. 

Absolutely.  That's 2 straight weeks now that he's hurt his team.  

For a guy who talks a big game on social media he needs to start playing like it.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

We did this with Cutler. You can change the coaches 100x, if the QB sucks it all looks the same.