Week 7 GDT: The Saints

JAF-N72EX

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

NOTE: he also said "I could care less about garbage time" so it's not surprising he doesn't know that it's actually "COULDN'T care less"

I heard the Nagy presser today and while I liked a lot of the admissions he had to say regarding Mitch's poor footwork, the run game struggles, etc. eventually he's going to have to start delivering on his promise that things will change and get better.  At a certain point in the press conference he had no response as to why the team only attempted to run the ball 4 times vs 24 drop backs/attempts in the 1st half in a 1 score game.  That is just bad game planning/play calling and makes it way too easy for the opposing defense to defend against what the offense is going to do.  They didn't even try to establish the run game. Pretty pathetic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

I'm not sure expecting development across the board is fair. Not all young players develop even under the best coaches. Daniels, for example, is making a position change.

I'm not even sure I'd say our veterans have played worse. This team looked incredible early in the season. Several main contributors have been injured (e.g. Burton, Gabriel). But the QB issues are overwhelming and it seems like we're at the point where players are quitting on the guy leading the huddle.

I expect or 20 or 21 year old to be better at 22 just like I would expect a 16 year old to be better at 17.   Not quite to same degree, but there is usually marked improvement each year at young ages.

41 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I heard the Nagy presser today and while I liked a lot of the admissions he had to say regarding Mitch's poor footwork, the run game struggles, etc. eventually he's going to have to start delivering on his promise that things will change and get better.  At a certain point in the press conference he had no response as to why the team only attempted to run the ball 4 times vs 24 drop backs/attempts in the 1st half in a 1 score game.  That is just bad game planning/play calling and makes it way too easy for the opposing defense to defend against what the offense is going to do.  They didn't even try to establish the run game. Pretty pathetic.

Well he tried to establish the run and it failed, first play of the game was a Cohen run inside. 

4 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

One run is trying? So if a team's first run of the game goes for 1 yard with 59 minutes and 50 seconds left, you tried hard enough and should stop?

I was being sarcastic. I was really hoping I didn’t have to say it. 

But that seems to be how Nagy thinks in regards to the run game. 

19 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

It is absolutely in the Bears best interest to put him out there. There is literally no question. It's a fact. You're arguing this? What gaffe did he have? Superman didn't force a fumble on the Bridgewater run that was (somehow) ruled a first down?

18 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Dude please. Bench Mack?

That's gotta be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard someone say on this forum.

I'm not saying you're stupid but that's stupid. Sorry not sorry. 

Apologize to both of you for not having time to make myself clear. First of all...yeah, bench Mack. As a wake up call. It seems that, as those footballers say, "his wallet is weighing him down". The underlying problem with the team is simple--they think (or thought, hopefully) they can simply show up and win football games. Now, that's on Nagy, clearly, but steps have to be taken to shake the team back to reality. 

So--I'm not saying bench him forever, as I may have been saying about Trubisky. I was in a hurry, and didn't have time to clearly state what I was getting at. I don't think Mack is done, or overrated. nor am I sorry he's a Bear. I expect at some point he will "wow" us all again. 

14 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Apologize to both of you for not having time to make myself clear. First of all...yeah, bench Mack. As a wake up call. It seems that, as those footballers say, "his wallet is weighing him down". The underlying problem with the team is simple--they think (or thought, hopefully) they can simply show up and win football games. Now, that's on Nagy, clearly, but steps have to be taken to shake the team back to reality. 

So--I'm not saying bench him forever, as I may have been saying about Trubisky. I was in a hurry, and didn't have time to clearly state what I was getting at. I don't think Mack is done, or overrated. nor am I sorry he's a Bear. I expect at some point he will "wow" us all again. 

His wallet isn't weighing him down. The OLB on the other side sucks and the DL aren't pass rushers. What's weighing him down are the bodies of 2-3 TE's/OT's on every single play.

21 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Nagy is going to sound like a clown at his press conferences because he can’t get rid of Pace’s QB.

He knows what is wrong with the offense. But he can’t say.

He very likely knows what's wrong with the offense but doesn't want to throw his guys under the bus. He's just not that type of person. 

The message is definitely getting stale but I don't really know what more Nagy can say about it. They need to start speaking with action.

• Like 1