Week 7 GDT: The Saints

JAF-N72EX

11 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

He chose to tie himself to Trubisky. He lost that ezcuse whem he signed with the team and accepted a multi million dollar deal. I hate that excuse. He was brought in to build an offensive system and develop Tru. He has failed miserably at both. If he has to go ultra conservative then he is useless. Pagano could take over HC and the offense literally would have little room to get worse. 

If not for the Mack trade the Bears would have been 2nd or 3rd in the division, not sure what you're trying to get at with that. He put a top level defense together to help take pressure off the offense so they didn't have to win shootouts. Nagy has used that as a crutch, he has the defense that allows him to take risks and he doesn't have the sack to do it.

The goal for an offense it to put up points, pretty simple. Nagy has failed to do that consistently. Tru isn't helping but Nagy is failing about the team repeatedly. 

Nagy’s goal is to win games and championships. Developing Trubisky is secondary.

Pace wanted to shortcut the process of building a championship team. Pace is the one who matched an unproven QB with a win-now defense.

1 minute ago, BearsDen1-99 said:

This team misses Hicks so much..and this team is is just turning into puke.

Its not even Hicks. When the offense can't sustain any drives and only has 4 first downs through 3 quarters no defense is going to be able to keep the team in the game. That wears on players heavily. It's absolutely pathetic.

So... We're getting to getting to where this is an almost serious question here, was John Fox a better coach than Nagy? 

This team looks incredibly undisciplined basically every week this year... And our ability to run the ball has almost entirely disappeared... Running the ball and playing a pre1990 offense, something everyone is calling for us to go back to because Trubisky can't handle more.... Also the exact kind of offense Fox ran with Mitch. 

At least with Fox we felt like an ascending team during a rebuild. This year we're basically Thelma and Louise driving off the edge of the grand canyon. 

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 1

Just now, topwop1 said:

Its not even Hicks. When the offense can't sustain any drives and only has 4 first downs through 3 quarters no defense is going to be able to keep the team in the game. That wears on players heavily. It's absolutely pathetic.

I really don’t like this. If the defense wants to get off the field then stop them, they haven’t done that consistently this season and certainly not at all the last two games. 

1 minute ago, blkwdw13 said:

I really don’t like this. If the defense wants to get off the field then stop them, they haven’t done that consistently this season and certainly not at all the last two games. 

You dont like the defense being on the field 90% of the game. Me neither.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

The worst part about it is they are stuck with this exact team and coaching staff for at least one more year. There is nothing that can be done with all the contracts and lack of draft picks. 

Nagy got a 5 year deal iirc. Doubt he makes it through all 5 but I don't see him getting fired with 2 or more years left to be paid. He will ride the defense for enough wins to pretend he is a net positive impact for the team. 

4 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

I dont remember who I was arguing with but you still really think Mitch would even be a serviceable backup on another team?

Before going to NO Bridgewater had a 28 to 22 TD to INT ratio over 3 years. Foles had a 36/16 over 6 years. Rosen is 12/19 in a year and a half basically. Tyrod Taylor was 16/6 in his first 3 years. Fitzpatrick was 21/27 in his first 5 years. 

Tru is 31/24 two and a half years in after a wasted first year that had Wright and Bellamy as the featured WRs. Obviously the answer is yes he could be a decent back up if he had a real offensive coach who could develop him and call a game. 

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Can't believe people are actually blaming the defense right now  xD

They were gashed by Oakland and they've been gashed by Latavius Murray even before the TOP got out of hand. No excuse for that at all. Also, next person who does a mock offseason with a big Floyd extension should be banned

• Like 1