Our ILBs and the Importance of Position Coaches

AngusMcFife

13 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

No, it's the players. Position coaches can only do so much in practice. In games it is up to the player.

If I were to estimate, I'd say 50% up to the player, 45% up to the OC to utilize the player correctly, and maybe 5% position coach to train him up. A position coach can upgrade a player with a B grade to B+/A- at most. But he can't turn a D into a B.  

So how in the world do teams like Seattle turn late round picks or UDFA's into quality starters if coaches don't matter that much? This is insane.

1 hour ago, berlin calling said:

anyone want to take a flyer on Deonne Bucannon - just was released by the Bucs.

Yes, absolutely!

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, berlin calling said:

can Mosleyx please get his ish together and heal up to not ruin the comp pick we all expect.

dammit.

I know playing time plays some part in the formula, but I thought the large majority was comprised of salary? In which case, even if he plays only half the season I think we're okay.

11 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I know playing time plays some part in the formula, but I thought the large majority was comprised of salary? In which case, even if he plays only half the season I think we're okay.

Someone on twitter noticed that he needs to play. I also thought that playing time and production was a small part of the formular as that is something which is difficult to put a value on in the contract phase. I can't understand how what happens after a player left for a large contract has something to do with the compensation, as the compensation basically relates to players leaving because teams doesn't want to/can't match what the player got for leaving.