Week 6: Dallas Cowboys vs NY Jets

Bobby816

31 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

The Jets give us so many reasons to keep us pessimistic, but Sam is excellent. The pick was bad but also a timing route and Crowder ran it wrong. Otherwise, some of the throws he was making today were incredible. He’s a franchise QB- and this team will go as far as he does. 

I truly believe we win next week against NE. I think our team will finally be healthy, and NE is bound to fall into a trap. Their defense is great, but they can’t keep this defensive TD streak going and may be without Josh Gordon. 

If we pull it off, the season will get very interesting. 

How do we know crowder ran it wrong?

• Like 1

I was assuming it just came out high. Crowder was open enough. Ball just came out wrong. Bad throws happen, just sucks when it's a pick in the redzone. A td there and the game would have been over, plus our offense would have had that much more confidence. 

Only scoring 3 points in the entire second half after the successful first half is a bit of a letdown. We need to be humming to have a chance against NE

I stand corrected that just having our QB back makes a difference. This is a big step in the right direction to prove that Darnold is a franchise QB. I don’t think some realize how good the Cowboys are bc of their recent slide.

Big credit to the OL and DL in this one. They held their own against one of the better OLines out there and against 2 great pass rushers and a great LB crew.

I hope to see more of this the rest of the way.

• Like 1

This was a good game overall. I don't know how much to take from it because they were missing cooper and their OT's, but I'm happy. 

1. I loved what I saw from Alex Lewis. He's the big difference maker on the line. Props to JD for trading a 7th round pick for him. 

2. Great game plan by Gase. He used Griffin to chip and swing-out on Lawrence & Smith a few times.Even Bell got involved in it. That's what I like to see when you're oline has been struggling. 

3.The defense drove me crazy all game, but they held it down when it was needed. 

4. Leo came away with 2 tackles. What comp pick can we get for him if we let him walk? 

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

This was a good game overall. I don't know how much to take from it because they were missing cooper and their OT's, but I'm happy. 

1. I loved what I saw from Alex Lewis. He's the big difference maker on the line. Props to JD for trading a 7th round pick for him. 

2. Great game plan by Gase. He used Griffin to chip and swing-out on Lawrence & Smith a few times.Even Bell got involved in it. That's what I like to see when you're oline has been struggling. 

3.The defense drove me crazy all game, but they held it down when it was needed. 

4. Leo came away with 2 tackles. What comp pick can we get for him if we let him walk? 

And we are without difference makers too. 

This is why I refused to lose sleep over the Luke Falk led Jets.

The offense played with a sense of urgency that we haven't seen in a really long time, and that final drive was a great example. Loved some of the aggressive play calling on first down and the fact that we at least tried to incorporate Bilal/Montgomery. Helluva game plan from both Gase and Williams. Few other thoughts:

• Q had by far his best game, something to build on 
  • Harriston, assuming healthy, should be starting 
  • Jamal Adams. That is all 
  • Darnold is special, most of us knew that, the rest of the league will soon find out 

I think we'll really need Mosley back next week to have any chance of upsetting New England but a W would give us plenty to talk about... Either way, I expect we'll be at least competitive from here on out. Great win, didn't hurt that I made a pretty penny on the Jets (+7) :D

Edited by NJC33

Quinnen made Leo expendable when we drafted him but this game today showed me that Q needs more snaps and Leo has to go ASAP.

Q was in on almost every huge stop. 

Move Leo for a pick, CB or OL. 

Our interior depth on the DL is loaded, we need to allocate some of those resources elsewhere. 

Edited by KingOfTheDot
  • Like 1

Watching Darnold again, man hes special. The guy just knows where the rush is coming from and throws with incredible touch. 

I'm standing by my "Darnold is the best QB from the 2018 draft class". Long term he is going to prove it.   We had the worst offense in football without Darnold, put him in and now our offense looks legit. Anderson breaking free, Crowder near 100 yards both games with Darnold. Thomas made plays.  

Real QBs make players around them better, Darnold does that. 

• Like 2