Sign in to follow this  
TheKillerNacho

Chargers waive CB Trevor Williams; claimed by Cardinals

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

I thought he was a good starter for them, no?

So did I 

Wasn’t out of a job long. Speaking of which where’s Eric Berry? Is he waiting til playoffs to sign with the healthiest team? 

He was a good starter. He was on injured reserve for us... not sure why we would release him. It makes very little sense. 

5 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I thought he was a good starter for them, no?

He was.  However, the Chargers have a buttload of injuries and NFL rules only allow a team to bring a very limited (I believe) 2 players back from IR in-season once they're healthy and Williams (who is on the final year of his contract and would be a UFA next year) took lower priority than Derwin James and Adrian Phillips.

59 minutes ago, The LBC said:

He was.  However, the Chargers have a buttload of injuries and NFL rules only allow a team to bring a very limited (I believe) 2 players back from IR in-season once they're healthy and Williams (who is on the final year of his contract and would be a UFA next year) took lower priority than Derwin James and Adrian Phillips.

You'd think that wouldn't mean to cut him, though. They could just let him ride IR this year, and either try to resign in the offseason or hope he signs a deal that can help the comp pick formula. Now they just...get nothing.

19 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

You'd think that wouldn't mean to cut him, though. They could just let him ride IR this year, and either try to resign in the offseason or hope he signs a deal that can help the comp pick formula. Now they just...get nothing.

Probably would not have received anything high enough to factor into the comp formula but I believe since he was claimed that should factor into the salary cap.  I think they saved $1.5 million.

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

If he's healthy, he can raise a case with the union.  They're doing right by Williams because he's healthy enough to play, but they can't sacrifice the come-back from IR.  A lot of this is the fact that they didn't just IR Badgley (the kicker) and sign another kicker if needed, because they've been continuing to carry him on the active-53 at the expense of another roster spot, whereupon Williams might have been able to have be kept.

So many injuries, most of which aren't season-ending, are just walking over their butts in those spiked-shoes people use to aerate their lawns.

4 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

It's a dumb move.

Maybe they just decided they wouldn't pay him in the offseason and wanted to move forward with other guys... but that's the kind of tough decisions FOs need to make, and this one is clearly not the best one for the franchise.