Week 6 GDT - Los Angeles Rams vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Ah, there's two LAR fans on here that have gone strangely quiet....

What a game. The D is frightening. Called SF for the playoffs, but didn't expect you to ACTUALLY be the best team in the NFCW (because you are, make no mistake). Wilson might be the best player, but you have the all-round package of good O, really good D, excellent coach. Maybe see you in the big time......:D

• Like 1

The good guys won.

'I think people are way overrating the Niners and how difficult it's going to be to beat them. I still think the 9ers are pretenders; if they beat us then I'll believe they're for real. 4-0 is not a super impressive feat, and their schedule has been easy. Who do they have on offense that's so great? They have literally no stars, except maybe Kittle but even he is just a tight end and hasn't done much this season.'

'Have faith in McVay. He's a genius, he'll figure this out and won't let us lose 3 straight in a home divisional game. We got this'

'This is Goffs time. Picture Goku on namek, beat to hell going super Saiyan. That's Goff, he is doing it.

Goff stats for this game 28/41 385 yards 4 TDs 0 Ints. Book it

Rams 35 Wieners 17'

From 'As for Nick Bosa, we've already faced a bunch of great DLs. McVay has 10 days to gameplan. We're at home. I wish you luck.' to 'I'm fed up with this team. I've had enough.'

• Like 3

I'm watching again.. and still baffled by the Jimmy to Samuel interception. 

I know people are all in on the "it's Jimmy's fault" wagon... and I agree it was a risky shot that should not have been taken. I say that because, even on 3rd down, I don't like the risk at the goal-line... and it's not like he's throwing it up to a proven, 6' 5" jump ball king. 

Also important to add that no one else was open or even looking for the ball (until maybe Kittle very late), so I think this was all predetermined Samuel TD or nothing. 

Now, all that said.. there's something else to say. 

Jimmy saw his guy, and the one on one.. and gave his guy a chance to go up and get it. The thing that has me scratching my head.. was how long it took the rookie to go from the 3 yd line.. to just inside the EZ.. as they ball was lofted up.  I mean, where was the tracking? or sense of urgency? why did Deebo never even leave his feet? Did he lose sight of the ball thrown within 10 yds of him? or did he have no short area explosion to go get ball? 

Again, I don't like that Jimmy trusted him in that situation... and I don't think Samuel earned any trust points with JImmy either. 

GREAT BIG WIN though, and I'm not being bitter.. just still puzzled by this one play. 

9 hours ago, Forge said:

Even if he is 300 lbs, I still believe he could perform in the same role. If that was his playing weight in the pre-season. And he could just as easily drop down to his more natural weight next off-season and allow them to groom Street or Givens in that back-up DT role. I think he's versatile player who could play up and down the line much like Armstead had done. Armstead has also put on weight and dropped weight, depending on his role/scheme so I see similairites there...or maybe its just me.

7 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

I know people are all in on the "it's Jimmy's fault" wagon... and I agree it was a risky shot that should not have been taken. I say that because, even on 3rd down, I don't like the risk at the goal-line... and it's not like he's throwing it up to a proven, 6' 5" jump ball king. 

Also important to add that no one else was open or even looking for the ball (until maybe Kittle very late), so I think this was all predetermined Samuel TD or nothing. 

Jimmy saw his guy, and the one on one.. and gave his guy a chance to go up and get it. The thing that has me scratching my head.. was how long it took the rookie to go from the 3 yd line.. to just inside the EZ.. as they ball was lofted up.  I mean, where was the tracking? or sense of urgency? why did Deebo never even leave his feet? Did he lose sight of the ball thrown within 10 yds of him? or did he have no short area explosion to go get ball? 

Again, I don't like that Jimmy trusted him in that situation... and I don't think Samuel earned any trust points with JImmy either. 

GREAT BIG WIN though, and I'm not being bitter.. just still puzzled by this one play. 

Well Shanny said in post-game that he had no problem with Jimmy's decision and I agree. Intially I thought it was a horrible decision but after I saw the replay, Kittle was CLEARLY held and the ref did not see it. Sometimes you throw that ball, making the ref throw the flag. Refs missed that one and we suffered the consequences. 

16 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Well Shanny said in post-game that he had no problem with Jimmy's decision and I agree. Intially I thought it was a horrible decision but after I saw the replay, Kittle was CLEARLY held and the ref did not see it. Sometimes you throw that ball, making the ref throw the flag. Refs missed that one and we suffered the consequences. 

Not only that, it was exactly what Shanahan called against the look he wanted, and the pass was for Kittle, not Deebo. Deebo ran the flat to draw Peters to him to allow Kittle the chance at the ball. But Kittle wasn't able to fight for it because he was clearly held. In fact, Garoppolo clearly saw the hold, because when he saw the flag (for the facemask against Deebo), he was clearly motioning for the offense to huddle up again. Should have been holding called and then offsetting penalties and a replay of down. Didn't come back to hurt us, but a blown situation for sure. 

42 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

I think Jimmy actually said the pass was to go to Kittle but him being held threw everything off. Peters recognized early on what was going on and bailed from Samuel to make an easy INT but it certainly looked like Kittle was being. Still, in that situation he needs to just eat it and live to play another down. Throw it away and either kick a FG or have another shot on 4th down.

I'm more baffled that we continued giving the ball to Coleman on inside runs near the GL that went NOWHERE. I mean we have a guy who scored FOUR TDs in two games in those exact situations and who is much more of a power runner yet we go away from him for...a finesse runner in Coleman? Huh? How does that make any sense? 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, N4L said:

@J-ALL-DAY those two clips were terrific. Thanks for posting them. Lets get that guy penetrating and going up the field more often. If he keeps doing that he will get a lot of looks on third downs from the interior, which is what all of us have been asking for lol

I didnt notice bosa on that play until you pointed it out lol 

Also, props to @ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI for giving us credit on the big win. maybe this little gremlin has grown up a little bit

Just look how explosive he is on those two plays. Not only that, but I wonder if he is now finally able to time the snap? He seemed to always be a bit slow in that regard compared to say Buckner, but if he's able to start understanding how to time the snap, then that could be big and one of the reasons he's been doing well lately. 

I want to see him get more time next game, though I understand it is kind of hard when our nickel package is so damn good with Ford/Buckner/Armstead/Bosa. 

19 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Not only that, it was exactly what Shanahan called against the look he wanted, and the pass was for Kittle, not Deebo. Deebo ran the flat to draw Peters to him to allow Kittle the chance at the ball. But Kittle wasn't able to fight for it because he was clearly held. In fact, Garoppolo clearly saw the hold, because when he saw the flag (for the facemask against Deebo), he was clearly motioning for the offense to huddle up again. Should have been holding called and then offsetting penalties and a replay of down. Didn't come back to hurt us, but a blown situation for sure. 

Even if Kittle didn't get held the play is probably picked because Peters recognized it so fast. Give him props, the man is definitely a play maker and playing damn good ball. I think Jimmy G could have given Deebo a quick glance to hold Peters off enough to get Kittle isolated. But because he was being held, the play took far too long and Peters knew what was coming and made an easy play on the ball.

Terrible that the ref missed that one. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Even if Kittle didn't get held the play is probably picked because Peters recognized it so fast. Give him props, the man is definitely a play maker and playing damn good ball. I think Jimmy G could have given Deebo a quick glance to hold Peters off enough to get Kittle isolated. But because he was being held, the play took far too long and Peters knew what was coming and made an easy play on the ball.

Terrible that the ref missed that one. 

Maybe. We've never really seen Kittle in many jump ball situations so I couldn't say whether him attacking the ball in the air would result in a TD, INT, or incompletion by virtue of Peters not having an uncontested jump at the ball. It was definitely a great read by Peters, no doubt, but definitely helped by Kittle getting no opportunity to make a play himself. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Lol maximum snaps 53

I know the team has been very clear on wanting to limit our starters' snaps on the DL. This has definitely been my favorite method of accomplishing this. Just limit the entire defense's snaps and give our guys only 4 plays off.

• Like 2