Does Nick Foles Get His Job Back?

bigbadbuff

4 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

What do the Jags do?

Let it play out because it's weeks away from being a discussion which is a great thing.  

Nick Foles has broken a clavicle before not sure if it's the same one. Give Nick all the extra time he needs to heal at that point make a decision. 

Trade him for whatever you can get for him after this season

Even if Minshew is a fluke (I don't think he is) all you lost was Nick Foles (no offense to Foles, but I think he's a great backup not a stopgap).

I'd go all in on Minshew for sure though. 

Edited by Dome

They would be smart to ride out Minshew for the remainder of the season. If they throw Foles in and he underwhelms it is going to kill his trade value with the contract he has. Let the usual suspects throw their hats in the ring in the offseason and offload him for a few picks. Jags draft another QB in the mid-late rounds

• Like 1

Who is more likely to be traded by the trade deadline.  Foles because Minshew is the guy? Or Flacco because the Band aid gets ripped off and a full rebuild happens second half of the year?

Joe has some game left imo Denver just isn't going anywhere. 

Edited by thebestever6

I think you have to go back to foles when he is ready. You can always go back to minshew if you feel like he's a better player, but if you bench a healthy foles it's harder to put him in down road because you've basically committed to some growing pains with minshew. 

If the money was the same, it would be more of a discussion, but with what they are paying foles, they have to put him back out there. 

I think it could actually be a good thing for minshew as well. Give him some time to focus on some smaller details and see how/what foles does in certain situations. Now that he has some experience, he should be able to take more away from watching the vet. 

I think you have to go back to foles when he is ready. You can always go back to minshew if you feel like he's a better player, but if you bench a healthy foles it's harder to put him in down road because you've basically committed to some growing pains with minshew. 

I think there is little if any chance that Minshew gets benched until he starts playing like someone that needs to get benched. He has been really good so far. These things happen, a lot, in this league and better QB's, way better QB's, than Nick Foles have lost their starting jobs to injury.

Gardner is the future in JAX, Foles was always a Band-Aid.