Does Nick Foles Get His Job Back?

bigbadbuff

46 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Who is more likely to be traded by the trade deadline.  Foles because Minshew is the guy? Or Flacco because the Band aid gets ripped off and a full rebuild happens second half of the year?

Joe has some game left imo Denver just isn't going anywhere. 

Who would really trade for Joe Flacco at this point? He was a depreciating asset before he got to Denver, I doubt anyone would want to deal for him.

I'd say a team like Pittsburgh (with a decimated QB depth chart) would rather try to get Josh Dobbs back before they went for Flacco. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Who would really trade for Joe Flacco at this point? He was a depreciating asset before he got to Denver, I doubt anyone would want to deal for him.

I'd say a team like Pittsburgh (with a decimated QB depth chart) would rather try to get Josh Dobbs back before they went for Flacco. 

Bears scream like a team to me who would especially if you're not sold on Trubisky returning healthy/ playing well in the now. Flacco could be your out to win now while Trubisky returns to "full health." And in fact learns how to play the qb position. 

Isn't the worst idea I've ever heard. I'm not saying they get a kings ransom. 

Edited by thebestever6

23 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Fitzmagic, Linsanity, Minshew Mania....

Like dating a chick you think is really cool until she starts leaving floaters in the toilet.

One is not like the other and I feel like it's quite obvious...

This isn't hard. You don't replace Minshew unless he falls off the rails which won't happen.

Rookie mistakes are going to happen (and already have with his issues with ball security while scrambling), but you can tell by just watching him this is the guy.

Edited by .Buzz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dome said:

Trade him for whatever you can get for him after this season

Even if Minshew is a fluke (I don't think he is) all you lost was Nick Foles (no offense to Foles, but I think he's a great backup not a stopgap).

I'd go all in on Minshew for sure though. 

Who wants nick Foles? There was basically no market for him last offseason 

26 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Nobody. He's played decently, but his trade value is nil.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

Who is more likely to be traded by the trade deadline.  Foles because Minshew is the guy? Or Flacco because the Band aid gets ripped off and a full rebuild happens second half of the year?

Joe has some game left imo Denver just isn't going anywhere. 

The Jags simply can't trade Foles this year. It costs them like 13 million more to trade him than to keep him, and they only have like 9 million in space, which they desperately need as roll over for next year. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Who wants nick Foles? There was basically no market for him last offseason 

If I'm the bears and can't get that offense going this year, I'm considering it next off-season. 

There are a couple players they could go for, but I think Foles has to be up at the top of the list if he's available and they really think they need to fix the quarterback position. His base salary is about 15 million next season, which is very reasonable for a starting quarterback if that is how you view him. Problem for me is that he's never shown a propensity for being able to stay healthy, and the bears don't have the greatest cap space ever to begin with. 

39 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

This isn't hard. You don't replace Minshew unless he falls off the rails which won't happen.

A 6th round rookie going through a rough patch of games is unlikely?

If he continues to play great, then yes, obviously you keep him in there. But if he's mediocre or worse, you go with the veteran SB MVP you just paid a bunch of money to.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

A 6th round rookie going through a rough patch of games is unlikely?

If he continues to play great, then yes, obviously you keep him in there. But if he's mediocre or worse, you go with the veteran SB MVP you just paid a bunch of money to.

Did you just throw the second paragraph out the window where I said he will indeed have rookies mistakes like any first year QB?

He's literally kept us in games. A rookie doing that who had zero run game to speak of minus the past 2 weeks. Not to mention our defense has been...not good.

The way he's played isn't "normal rookie play" either and we're through 5 weeks. He just went and threw all over the top ranked pass defense and one of the better pass rushes in the NFL. 

Some serious pitfalls would need to be incoming to bench him.

Edited by .Buzz
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Did you just throw the second paragraph out the window where I said he will indeed have rookies mistakes like any first year QB?

He's literally kept us in games. A rookie doing that who had zero run game to speak of minus the past 2 weeks. Not to mention our defense has been...not good.

The way he's played isn't "normal rookie play" either and we're through 5 weeks. He just went and threw all over the top ranked pass defense and one of the better pass rushes in the NFL. 

Some serious pitfalls would need to be incoming to bench him.

Like the article states, this isn't him being a game manager and riding the defense/run game to keep us in contention for the division. He's literally the reason (although the last two weeks Fournette has come alive and is being more decisive).

Edited by .Buzz