The Great Amnesia-ing Is Nigh: Kumbaya

Mind Character

Winning fixes everything.

Winning is the opiate of the football masses.

All will be forgiven. All will soon be forgotten.

Our schedule in the 2nd half of the season is going to be the Great Amnesia Wave of the season wiping out all troubles and frustrations in the mindless euphoria of consecutive wins. At the end of the year we'll have an 8-8/9-7 record and people will be holding hands singing kumbaya about how all will be well in time even after a 1st round exit in the playoffs.

"We made the playoffs the first time in forever and had 8/9 wins... I trust Freddie." 

"I told you He Gets Us" will be another rallying cry.

... I can hear it all now. No one will remember this part of the season and the next few losses ( I expect us to lose to the Seahawks, Pats, and mabye the Bills).

After Buffalo, we have the Steelers x2; Bengals x2; Miami; Arizona, Baltimore --- In my mind, we will win 6 of our last 7 games.  Any comment about how we still haven't really beaten anyone yet will be met by the pitchfork mob. Soon, voicing dissent against Freddie-ism (and Ryan Lindley) will be classified as a thought-crime punishable by banishment.

At the end of the year imo, our only quality wins will be Baltimore and maybe against Buffalo with our wins coming against the Jets; Steelers x2; Bengals x2; Miami; Arizona. That to me will serve to mask the real issues with this team giving us enough reasons not to make the necessary changes/adjustments on the coaching staff (Ryan Lindley.. possibly Freddie, etc) to help this team get to the next level.

Either way... The Great Reckoning.. The Great Amnesia-ing is Nigh... just hold out a little longer and the sweet bliss of winning will wash all ills away (for better or worse).

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Perhaps...

Also, perhaps it ends up giving this organization and team a shot of confidence (placebo effect or not) headed into 2020 with some playoff experience under their belts and a rejuvenated fanbase backing them.

Assuming Dorsey and company are smart enough to see these limitations, as long as they address needs in the off-season and our QB progresses, along with our young defense, then I don't see a problem there.

Edited by Mind Character

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Mind quoting me is going to lead to people liking his post and yet liking my thoughts. Mind, you are a GENIUS my friend.

Hahah... I the found a loop hole. From now on all my post will just be re-quotes of other people's thoughts that I like. The Likes will pile up and I will be heralded as the greatest FFer in the history of the internet. 

Really it's been awhile since I posted stuff like this... this is therapy for me so I don't meltdown post while at work thinking replaying the travesty that was that 49ers game over and over.

I thought you had a good, nuanced response and talking about the 2nd half of the season and what if/anything winning will mean during it would make for an interesting mini-discussion.

• Like 1

Not gonna lie, this thread perfectly encapsulates all of my thoughts and feelings. My only issue is that I think we dip a game to a worse team. We'll wind up 8-8 at best and miss the playoffs by a game to the Ravens, but everyone will still be pumped we didn't have a losing record/"improved" upon last season. 

Realists unite!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Not sure of the point of this thread.

So if we manage to get our collective sh!t together and make the playoffs, then we should all remember how we feel right now and still want to fire Freddie?

Lol. Thanks for your kind words regarding how meaningful and clear of point this thread is.

You'll definitely be riding that Amnesia Wave in no time living the dream if you think beating 4 of the soon to be top 5 picking teams in the draft Steelers x2; Dolphins; Arizona; Bengals x2 is "getting our collective sh**t" together.

I bid thee a merry and blissful ride.

Edited by Mind Character