Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mind Character

The Great Amnesia-ing Is Nigh: Kumbaya

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I will say, it is very concerning that we have taken such steps back on offense. If we were losing competitive games, that’s a different story. That happens in the national football league. But there is been a real digression in several areas, and the only offensive personnel changes have been seemingly positive additions. The offensive line is the same as it was last year (not the best). The difference is the play of our quarterback, hindered by some really terrible game planning and not using his skills the best either.

So, as far as my own level of optimism, I am very disappointed with this season especially considering what I had expected and most of us expected as well. If we were 2-3 with a couple of losses that came down to the gun, fine. I would feel like we could beat some really good teams down the stretch. Things have not been pretty as a whole however. So I am not on the fire Freddie train by any means. I don’t think you give up on any fluid regime at this stage. But some real assessment must be done, and changes must be made in some way. You can’t keep doing the same things and expecting different results. It was really disappointing to see the type of game plan we came up with against San Francisco when some known deficiencies offensively had already emerged.

Well, Kush is certainly a downgrade from Zeitler but the OL has mainly been struggling due to our OTs. Difference is last year we got the ball out quickly and this year we aren't - which has exposed the OL. We've also been without Higgins, who to non-Browns fans might not seem like a huge loss, but I think we'd all agree he's the WR that Baker has the best connection with. Callaway missing the first four games didn't help, as well as missing Njoku. Having those guys would help tremendously, IMO. With that said, there's still enough offensive talent for us to succeed, despite the missing players we've had. So yes, Baker and Freddie absolutely deserve lots of blame for our struggles so far, regardless of the players we have and haven't had. Baker has been bad no matter how you slice it, but I think him having Higgins back will give him a WR he can rely on and who can help him get into rhythm.

Edited by DawgX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is Nigh.

This too shall be forgotten soon.

After the Patriots game, beating up on the worst teams in the NFL will make all who ride the wave feel like world-beaters once more. 

Freddie will soon be the heralded as King.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

It is Nigh.

This too shall be forgotten soon.

After the Patriots game, beating up on the worst teams in the NFL will make all who ride the wave feel like world-beaters once more. 

Freddie will soon be the heralded as King.

All will be right in the world when we sweep the Bengals, take care of the Fins and Cards, and win 1 or 2 against Pittsburgh. 9 win season for sure.

The narrative will read that Freddie and Baker turned things around and all is right in the world.  Will be a great time to roam the earth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

It is Nigh.

This too shall be forgotten soon.

After the Patriots game, beating up on the worst teams in the NFL will make all who ride the wave feel like world-beaters once more. 

Freddie will soon be the heralded as King.

Almost beating a premier team in the Seahawks leads me to believe we’re pretty close to being a solid team. Browns are a young team trying to eliminate mistakes and have a first time HC learning the ropes. Sucks to lose close ones but the Browns have come a long way already from the Titans game. 

You’re being cute about prophesying the Browns still sucking after beating lower tier teams but we’re closer than you think IF they keep building week-to-week. If that happens and they somehow make the playoffs at 9-7 it will be a huge step in the right direction. Don’t 💩 on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pnies20 said:

Almost beating a premier team in the Seahawks leads me to believe we’re pretty close to being a solid team. Browns are a young team trying to eliminate mistakes and have a first time HC learning the ropes. Sucks to lose close ones but the Browns have come a long way already from the Titans game. 

You’re being cute about prophesying the Browns still sucking after beating lower tier teams but we’re closer than you think IF they keep building week-to-week. If that happens and they somehow make the playoffs at 9-7 it will be a huge step in the right direction. Don’t 💩 on that.

Oh.. Preparing to ride the wave are we...

A Safe and Wonderous Journey I Bid Thee ...

It is Nigh ..

4007175441_0da54ab450_z.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Oh.. Preparing to ride the wave are we...

A Safe and Wonderous Journey I Bid Thee ...

It is Nigh ..

 

I want to punch you in the face sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I want to punch you in the face sometimes.

 

5 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Oh.. Preparing to ride the wave are we...

A Safe and Wonderous Journey I Bid Thee ...

It is Nigh ..

4007175441_0da54ab450_z.jpg

You heard him, @LETSGOBROWNIES.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×