GDT Week 6: Bengals @ Ravens

TheVillain112

8 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Was curious because he seemed like a bright spot for you guys last year and a possible Star going forward. Still very young so I'd stave any real concern at the moment.

Lots of miscommunication in the secondary but hard to say whose fault it is.  Generally it's Dre Kirkpatrick but Bates is in the area so there's some gray area.  Bates has also missed a decent amount of tackles but I can't really blame him because our LBs are soo bad so he's left having to stop runners constantly.  The front 7 and Kirkpatrick are doing Bates no favors...

37 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Was curious because he seemed like a bright spot for you guys last year and a possible Star going forward. Still very young so I'd stave any real concern at the moment.

A bad team drags down the good players too. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

The ol' reverse jynx. Works like a charm.

I'm not even joking haha this seems like a prime let down game after winning a road divisional game in OT. If you guys would have won last week and were 1-4 I'd peg us to win but I absolutely HATE playing winless teams this late in the season. Every team in the NFL can win any given Sunday and by the law of averages you would have expected a win by now...especially with so many close losses. Unfortunately I think that average equals out this Sunday with a 27-23 Bengals win

22 hours ago, theJ said:

Bengals have done pretty well against TE's this year.  They've had trouble mostly against the run. 

If we're making predictions for biggest games from the Ravens, i think it'll be:

Mark Ingram: 23 carries, 160 yards, 2 TD's

Gus Edwards: 12 carries, 95 yards, 1 TD

Lamar Jackson: 15 carries, 170 yards, 2 TD's

He will take a little from your two predictions (well maybe not), but yeah..they will run all over us this week.

3 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

I'm not even joking haha this seems like a prime let down game after winning a road divisional game in OT. If you guys would have won last week and were 1-4 I'd peg us to win but I absolutely HATE playing winless teams this late in the season. Every team in the NFL can win any given Sunday and by the law of averages you would have expected a win by now...especially with so many close losses. Unfortunately I think that average equals out this Sunday with a 27-23 Bengals win

The narrative makes sense, but when you analyze the actual teams there's no reason you shouldn't roll us. If you win the trenches, which I expect you will, you'll take this game.

17 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

One step closer to #1 pick!

I don't think they'll get it.  At this point, i'd predict them to smoke the Dolphins.  I'm not sure i see another win on the schedule, but i'm pretty sure the Dolphins are getting that pick.

17 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

One step closer to #1 pick!

Last post on the matter, for the moment.

I'm not sure it's really going to be that big of a deal to get 2nd or even 4th pick, honestly.  Out of the current top 10, the teams looking for a QB are:

Cincinnati
Miami
LA Chargers (?)

Washington, Atlanta, NYJ, Jags, Browns, Giants are likely not taking QB's.  Miami currently has two top 10 picks, but will only take 1 QB.  And the Chargers won't be beating the Bengals out for a top pick.  So the Bengals are going to get one of Tua or Herbert.