Handcuffs

a4ce

Necessary?  Is now the time to start getting your handcuffs or just wait till you need it?  What's everyone's theory on this?  

Anyway, I'm thinking of trading for Mattison.  I have Brown and Bonnafon on my bench.  Dumb?  Waste of roster spots?

I went all in on the 0-WR so my RBs (CMC, Cook, and Gurley) have been the engine to my 5-0 start.  

Solid team and solid strategy.

You can't wait for an injury unless you have the #1 waiver pick and Mattison's value will go from palatable to priceless if Cook gets hurt seriously.  It's always tough to value a handcuff over a needed starter though, especially with bye weeks in full swing.

I would say you should definitely keep Brown.  Gurley scares the heck outta me.  If his condition is never going to fully heal and it was bad enough to keep him mostly out of the playoffs and SB last year, you can't rely on him.  Consider everything you're getting now gravy and prepare for an inevitable string of missed games or low production.  Brown protects you from that.

Given Cook's recent injury troubles, I would say Mattison is more preferable over Bonnafon, but each could be a league winner if their respective starters go down.  Good insurance for you as well.  Is there any way you can keep all three?

1 hour ago, titanrick said:

Solid team and solid strategy.

You can't wait for an injury unless you have the #1 waiver pick and Mattison's value will go from palatable to priceless if Cook gets hurt seriously.  It's always tough to value a handcuff over a needed starter though, especially with bye weeks in full swing.

I would say you should definitely keep Brown.  Gurley scares the heck outta me.  If his condition is never going to fully heal and it was bad enough to keep him mostly out of the playoffs and SB last year, you can't rely on him.  Consider everything you're getting now gravy and prepare for an inevitable string of missed games or low production.  Brown protects you from that.

Given Cook's recent injury troubles, I would say Mattison is more preferable over Bonnafon, but each could be a league winner if their respective starters go down.  Good insurance for you as well.  Is there any way you can keep all three?

That's the plan, get all 3 handcuffs.  He wants Tevin Coleman for Mattison.  I countered with Coleman/RAnderson for Mattison/Gallup or JBrown.  My WRs suck.  And I don't foresee myself plugging in Coleman into the starting lineup.  

Good counter, but if push comes to shove, I'd probably give up Coleman for Mattison in your situation.  Coleman will split time with Breida and Mostert.  Even if Breida were to get hurt, they'd add Wilson to the mix.  In my opinion, there doesn't seem to be a scenario where Coleman becomes an every week must-start.  Especially since you already have the backs you have.

You're 5-0 - I would make that trade. You can afford to wait for Adams and Chark hasn't exactly proven he's fantasy gold yet.  The 2TD game Sunday is playing a big role in how everyone sees him. He won't catch two every game.  I think you're selling high and buying low which is always the way you want to go.

I would have Pollard, Gus Edwards and Ryquell Armstead on the list before Penny.  

Generally speaking, I'm looking for this:

1. Clear-cut backup in line for a heavy load. (Edmonds)

2. Has either performed well when given small opportunities or never had an opportunity.  I feel like Penny has had chances and never seized the opportunity.

3. Great team around him, specifically the OLine. (Pollard)

4. Starter has history of injuries and/or chronic issues. (Mattison and Brown)

Bonnafon is iffy on 3 and can't claim 4.  You can argue Gus has all four to a certain degree.