Quarter-mark 2020 Mock: A recap, FA, and Draft

jetskid007

Should I do one of these each quarter of the season?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should I do one of these each quarter of the season?

• Yes
    • No

15 hours ago, Dr.O said:

That’s ALOT of trades but I’d like it, just rather role with an edge prospect there in the 2nd round than Throckmorten

Hard to project trades this far out, but I think we'll see even more especially on Day 3. 

Look at the CHI and PHI teams he was part of, and also consider that he's already made 2 trades just 4 months on the job. JD's going to work this offseason. 

On 10/11/2019 at 8:25 AM, jetskid007 said:

Also, I don't think I'm actually putting much starpower into this offseason. There are 3 top iOL with Glasgow likely the 3rd behind Scherff and Thuney, and same can be said for Armstead, who is not going to be back in SF unless he takes a major discount. The rest of the additions are far from premier free agents. In fact, most of them are backups with some starting experience.

That’s a good point. This is a good FA for iOL. What are your thoughts on JC Tretter? He’s another guy that likely will be available. The Browns were rumored to be shopping him last Spring. 

Now that I've had more time to digest this mock, I like it more. I pretty much agree with every single roster decision (i.e., signings and cuts, etc). I've been on the fence about Robby giving his less than stellar year. But he is a descent 2nd or 3rd WR option. Not resigning him creates yet another position that needs to be addressed. 

The only thing I would like to see is the Jets trade Leo. Despite the praise Gase/GW gave him, I don't see us resigning him. Nor do I think we should. I want JD to try and get something for him by the trading deadline. Even if it's just a 4th or 5th round pick, I think we'll be better off. Those mid round picks can either be used to take extra shots in the draft or use to trade for ok starters/depth guys like (Hairston, Alex Lewis, and D Thomas).

Edited by SDotNova

Games like yesterday are why I think the Jets will keep this WR group intact while simply adding a draft pick to develop overtime. You look at the best offenses in the league right now and all of them are the ones who spread the target distribution among multiple complementary receivers that don’t demand the ball. Gase kept saying Robby has been open and yesterday was the kind of performance we have been expecting to see out of him. Crowder is the perfect slot/#2 receiver and Demaryius Thomas is everything you look for in a stable #3/#4 option. I’m all for keeping this group together while adding another young draft pick, and I have a strong feeling the Jets will opt that route as well

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been meaning to comment on this. The only thing i'd do differently is keep Avery Williamson because as I've stated before, I'd like to see him paired up next to CJ.

Other than that, i'd be ecstatic with this offseason. The FA signings are strong & I LOVE the trade for Leonard Floyd. You also focused on OL & double dipped at WR, which I think the Jets should do regardless if the resign RA or not.

Great job, looking forward to your next one.

Edited by JetsDH23