the green bay packers vefrsus the detroit loins 2019 MNF (week 5): the return of the incomparable tony brown PART DEUX

FinneasGage

which button man is gonna corral the packer city magic when it mattes most in the game   

38 members have voted

1. 1. which button man is gonna corral the packer city magic when it mattes most in the game

• rubella martin
    • korean robinson
    • brett swine
    • diondre borrelia
    • jake tonedburger
    • tori gouty
    • jamarko symptoms

#93 looked like a football player tonight. In the right gap and he filled a few times and made plays. Johnson is a good back too and we held him to 34 yards on 13 carries. Total rushing was only 56 on 20 carries. DEFENSE played well sans the first two deep balls. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Ah, maybe?

The non PI call on Redmond was fine, I thought, because the WR pushed off before the pass- it was a draw to me... The hands to the face calls were holding the shoulder pad calls, so it was kinda something... But, ya, the calls went the Packers way.

The previous weeks the Packers were victims of hands to the face calls. But no one made a big deal out of it like the ESPN Lions fans (aka Patriot Fans who choose the Lions for the NFC, because he was a Patriots coach).

7 minutes ago, persiandud said:

those were not hands to the face and you know it. we were gifted this game by the refs. they outplayed us and clete blakeman and his crew screwed the lions 

Take away the phantom TD by the Lions when they got stuffed on 4th & goal and we didn’t even need a FG to win.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

#93 looked like a football player tonight. In the right gap and he filled a few times and made plays. Johnson is a good back too and we held him to 34 yards on 13 carries. Total rushing was only 56 on 20 carries. DEFENSE played well sans the first two deep balls. 

I seriously missed Goodson do anything.

Redmond has the hit that "turned the momentum around" if you believe in that kinda thing.

Edited by AlexGreen#20

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

A player that we needed.  Maybe Bolton could have done this stuff if he hadn't been injured, but Summers isn't ready yet, and that isn't Burks' game.

Just now, WaitWhat said:

Detroit outplayed us? The team gifted a goal line touchdown they didn't actually score and otherwise only scored via field goals (despite three turnovers gifted to them) outplayed us? 

I thought they did. They shot themselves in the foot with the 12 men on the field call that led to 6. Then they got screwed on that pass completion reversal and then the two phantom Flowers calls.

Just now, Howler said:

I thought they did. They shot themselves in the foot with the 12 men on the field call that led to 6. Then they got screwed on that pass completion reversal and then the two phantom Flowers calls.

but we shot ourselves in the foot with 3 turnovers, 2 of them egregious

• Like 1