the green bay packers vefrsus the detroit loins 2019 MNF (week 5): the return of the incomparable tony brown PART DEUX

FinneasGage

which button man is gonna corral the packer city magic when it mattes most in the game   

38 members have voted

1. 1. which button man is gonna corral the packer city magic when it mattes most in the game

• rubella martin
    • korean robinson
    • brett swine
    • diondre borrelia
    • jake tonedburger
    • tori gouty
    • jamarko symptoms

I'm more concerned about JD McKissic than I am Kerryon Johnson. McKissic is explosive AF and shifts on a dime. Seattle misused him routinely; I was hoping we'd pick him up in FA. On the other hand, McKissic doesn't usually get the ball and he's the only RB on that squad rushing for more than 4.5 ypc; He's had 7 carries...

Additionally, I think our offense is going to open it up a bit against them as well. Look at the competition they've played. They only beat Philly because Philly turned the ball over twice and allowed a KR for a TD. Those errors don't happen and Detroit doesn't win that game. KC gave up over 400 yards of offense to them last week and proceeded to get embarrassed at home by Indianapolis this week. 

I don't think this game is close unless we let them come back on us the way Dallas did last week. 28-10 and they get the TD in garbage time...

3 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Great news on King and Linsley (who is still in the protocol but should play). Knew Jamaal would be back. 

Don't care too much about Tonyan and Brown, give them another week. 

Holding out hope that at least one of Adams or Savage can go, particularly Adams. 

PFT: Tight end T.J. Hockenson returned to the practice field on Wednesday and took part in the workout. He practiced again on Thursday and was “full go” according to Tim Twentyman of the team’s website.

Edited by Leader

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

PFT: Tight end T.J. Hockenson returned to the practice field on Wednesday and took part in the workout. He practiced again on Thursday and was “full go” according to Tim Twentyman of the team’s website.

Lions are going to be full strength, minus maybe Daniels who has been irrelevant for them anyways. Very tough test coming to Lambeau Monday night. 

Jim Owczarski:  Packers on the field at the start of practice this week in advance of MNF -

Corey Linsley
Jamaal Williams
Kevin King
B.J. Goodson

WR Davante Adams (toe), safety Darnell Savage Jr. (ankle), CB Tony Brown (hamstring) & TE Robert Tonyan (hip) were not practicing.

• Peter Bukowski: Packers get their starting center back. Kevin King seemed to have recovered well from the Cowboys game. Jamaal Williams back is key for 2RB sets they want to run.
Edited by Leader

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Great news on King and Linsley (who is still in the protocol but should play). Knew Jamaal would be back. 

Don't care too much about Tonyan and Brown, give them another week. 

Holding out hope that at least one of Adams or Savage can go, particularly Adams. 

Nothing against Adams, but if we could only have one back, I'd choose Savage based on how the passing defense performed after he went out last week.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Nothing against Adams, but if we could only have one back, I'd choose Savage based on how the passing defense performed after he went out last week.

Not me. Our WR group caught a whopping 4 passes without Adams against Dallas. We cannot just count on Jones running wild and checking down to the RBs all day again like we got away with against Dallas. I expect Detroit, having 2 weeks to prepare will sell out to stop the run and short dump off game until a WR on our team proves he can win a one-on-one route. Could make for tough sledding offensively if Jones has a game like Philly versus Dallas. 

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Not me. Our WR group caught a whopping 4 passes without Adams against Dallas. We cannot just count on Jones running wild and checking down to the RBs all day again like we got away with against Dallas. I expect Detroit, having 2 weeks to prepare will sell out to stop the run and short dump off game until a WR on our team proves he can win a one-on-one route. Could make for tough sledding offensively if Jones has a game like Philly versus Dallas. 

I'm not afraid of that secondary at all. Sure they have Slay, but who else in that secondary really intimidates anyone? 

On the other hand, the offense needs to score, but focus mainly on eating up clock once we have the lead. Our defense is going to get to Stafford and if we can show up against the run like we did last week, it'll be a long day for Detroit...

Just now, Joe said:

I'm not afraid of that secondary at all. Sure they have Slay, but who else in that secondary really intimidates anyone? 

On the other hand, the offense needs to score, but focus mainly on eating up clock once we have the lead. Our defense is going to get to Stafford and if we can show up against the run like we did last week, it'll be a long day for Detroit...

Coleman and Melvin are playing very well. Don't sleep on Detroit. They are every bit as sound defensively as Minnesota and probably more balanced even than Chicago overall right now due to having a better offense. 

One thing Detroit has been getting this year is lucky as hell with injuries to other teams. If Adams doesn't play, it will be the 3rd time in 5 games for Detroit that they played a team without it's No. 1 WR. Sometimes it's all about "when" you play a team.