Mike McGlinchey out 4-6 weeks

49erurtaza

10 hours ago, N4L said:

Have faith, we will beat them either way

I love your positivity. Unfortunately, I was thinking the game looked like a toss up that leaned toward the Rams due to circumstance before the McGlinchey injury news. And that didn't help in any way. 

The injuries are piling up and I keep forgetting when everyone is due back. So, for people like me, here is an up-to-date rundown of when guys should be coming back:

Witherspoon:  Week 7 @ the Redskins

Staley: Week 8 vs the Panthers

Kyle Juszczyk: Week 10 vs the Seahawks

Mike McGlinchey: Week 10 vs the Seahawks

These injuries suck, like, really suck. BUT, we should be getting all of these guys back before the toughest stretch of the season, which is weeks 12 through 17.

Also, football Gods, please stop with the injuries. I don't want to make this a weekly post. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

The injuries are piling up and I keep forgetting when everyone is due back. So, for people like me, here is an up-to-date rundown of when guys should be coming back:

Witherspoon:  Week 7 @ the Redskins

Staley: Week 8 vs the Panthers

Kyle Juszczyk: Week 10 vs the Seahawks

Mike McGlinchey: Week 10 vs the Seahawks

These injuries suck, like, really suck. BUT, we should be getting all of these guys back before the toughest stretch of the season, which is weeks 12 through 17.

Also, football Gods, please stop with the injuries. I don't want to make this a weekly post. 

Those are the earliest guys could be back. I feel that is an important postscript to this post. For instance, McGlinchey hasn't had his surgery yet. A 4 week recovery from today (surgery date) is 3 days before that game. That's a tall ask. Especially when our new training staff has been erring on the side of caution. 

But that one won't matter quite as much, as that game is the long end of the recovery timeline for Staley, so having at least one of them back will be huge. 

3 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

Those are the earliest guys could be back. I feel that is an important postscript to this post. For instance, McGlinchey hasn't had his surgery yet. A 4 week recovery from today (surgery date) is 3 days before that game. That's a tall ask. Especially when our new training staff has been erring on the side of caution. 

But that one won't matter quite as much, as that game is the long end of the recovery timeline for Staley, so having at least one of them back will be huge. 

Optimism is the only thing getting me through these injuries.

• Like 1