49ers RT Mike McGlinchey out 4-6 weeks

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, N4L said:

this explains why he hasn't looked like the same player as last season. There were a few times he was beat badly on MNF, which is something that didn't really happen last year. 

He's been really good otherwise though hey? I remember the Raiders were rumored to go after him or Roquon Smith before you and the Bears guys took them. I was pissed both times because I though Smith was going to be lethal and although I didn't like McG much, I hated Miller.

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Knowing Jimmy's history, we'll be seeing Nick Mullens then. :P

Not much difference production wise, tbh. 

Jimmy G - 12 g, 66.1%, 19:12 td:int ratio, 8.2 ypa, 5% td rate, 3.2% int rate, 7.05 adjusted net yards per attempt

Nick M - 8g, 64.2%, 13:10 td:int, 8.3 ypa, 4.7% td rate, 3.6% int rate, 6.74 adjusted net yards per attempt. 

Favors Jimmy, of course, but still, not a significant drop off. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

He's been really good otherwise though hey? I remember the Raiders were rumored to go after him or Roquon Smith before you and the Bears guys took them. I was pissed both times because I though Smith was going to be lethal and although I didn't like McG much, I hated Miller.

Hes amazing blocking in space in our ZBS. He moves well and has good length. He is a very polished run blocker. Still somewhat unrefined as a pass blocker, but is more than adequate in that department. has struggled with some speed rushers, which you would think he would eventually figure out considering his movement skills are why he was taken so high. 

He is a very very solid tackle. Will never be elite, but he will always be a good starting T. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, N4L said:

Hes amazing blocking in space in our ZBS. He moves well and has good length. He is a very polished run blocker. Still somewhat unrefined as a pass blocker, but is more than adequate in that department. has struggled with some speed rushers, which you would think he would eventually figure out considering his movement skills are why he was taken so high. 

He is a very very solid tackle. Will never be elite, but he will always be a good starting T. 

It's weird how this pretty much identically matches up with the draft scouting report a lot of people had on him lol. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And despite ALL these injuries just imagine if you guys still...................

teams deal with injuries every season.  Some teams can't recover though, and I still see the 49ers being able to win some with the injuries they have but wait and see.  They really looked like legit contenders vs the browns, but the browns also didn't help themselves as much as they could have.  49ers owned the LOS in that game on both sides, a sign of a legit team 

Just now, 3rivers said:

teams deal with injuries every season.  Some teams can't recover though, and I still see the 49ers being able to win some with the injuries they have but wait and see.  They really looked like legit contenders vs the browns, but the browns also didn't help themselves as much as they could have.  49ers owned the LOS in that game on both sides, a sign of a legit team 

Definitely, but just sucks when three happen to the OL/FB. I mean teams don't even have decent starting tackles, let alone enough depth for two to come off the bench and start. 

32 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Definitely, but just sucks when three happen to the OL/FB. I mean teams don't even have decent starting tackles, let alone enough depth for two to come off the bench and start. 

I don't know who leads the league in injuries, but it appears the chargers are hurting bad too.  It's hit and miss with depth charts, as the salary cap prevents teams from having quality depth for every starter. Like you said, some teams don't even have decent starters at OT,  and bad OL play is a ticket for failure and perhaps QB injuries to follow. 

This is when paying a QB $30M+ is taking away from the the team, there is less ability to have good reserves unless the team hits  a diamond in the rough in UDFA or late draft picks.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Hurts the short term and maybe cumulatively long term but not so much that they shouldn't be expected to stay contenders in the playoffs.

What about this week against the LAR? I was thinking you guys were gonna take the game......no?

40 minutes ago, Leader said:

What about this week against the LAR? I was thinking you guys were gonna take the game......no?

I think the Niners are favorites most weeks because their defense is pretty solid, but the Rams must feel like their back is up against the wall. I predict the Rams offense will get something going but I'm still not convinced their defense can get it going.

16 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I think the Niners are favorites most weeks because their defense is pretty solid, but the Rams must feel like their back is up against the wall. I predict the Rams offense will get something going but I'm still not convinced their defense can get it going.

I dont know.....their lack of a consistent running game could give SF exactly what it whats: the green light to go after Goff - and from the little that I've seen of them (read: some of the game against CLE) - their DL pressure package will probably get home. I actually dont know much about the Niners yet. Havent seen much of them. Hence, the question.

Edited by Leader