Week #6 Gamethread Steelers 1- 4 @ Chargers 2- 3

Steeler Hitman

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Maybe TB would part with Carlton Davis? (I doubt it)

what about VH3? Arians can have Ben in the spring! 

1 minute ago, August4th said:

also get a extra day since that game is on Monday

3-4 with B-more being 4-3(if they lose to Seattle) and cle being 2-5(after they lose to NE) is a real possibility in a few weeks

12-4, Duck wins OROY!

29 minutes ago, August4th said:

with the AFC being so bad, the 6th seed is still in reach.

12-4 should get it;)

35 minutes ago, August4th said:

this isn't good at all. Maybe trade burns and late Rd pick for Skipper. Also trade for another CB if required

Edited by 3rivers
  • Like 1

I can't wait to see the snap breakdown, but I think when Tuit went out, that Hargrave got a lot of subpackage snaps.  I know Alualu did as well, but even more reason that the Gravedigger needs to stay in Pittsburgh.

Also, on first watching, I think that Chick had a good game as well.  Saw him more than Ola.  Looked good.  You could tell his return on special teams as well.

• Like 1

The Steelers were credited for 10 passes defensed, three of which were by Cameron Sutton. Three of them were batted balls at the line of scrimmage and the rest were defenders knocking the ball away from receivers. It’s the first time the Steelers had double digits in this statistical category since Week 1 of 2018 in the overtime tie against the Cleveland Browns.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2019/10/14/20913159/analyzing-the-pittsburgh-steelers-week-6-win-over-the-chargers-by-the-numbers-devlin-hodges

An attempt to "Rick-roll" fans of the visiting Pittsburgh Steelers at the start of the fourth quarter Sunday instead wound up angering some Los Angeles Chargers players.

The opening of "Renegade" by Styx -- the Steelers' adopted anthem -- blared over loudspeakers at Dignity Health Sports Park, with the full intention of morphing it into the much-lampooned 1980s song "Never Gonna Give You Up," by Rick Astley.

However, upon hearing the opening of "Renegade," fans of the visiting Steelers -- who were quite numerous, very loud and thrilled with a 24-10 lead at the time -- took it up a notch.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27845089/chargers-upset-steelers-anthem-renegade-played-team-temporary-home

Added offensive lineman Forrest Lamp: "We're used to not having any fans here. It does suck, though, when they're playing their music in the fourth quarter. We're the ones at home. I don't know who's in charge of that, but they probably should be fired."

Edited by jebrick

9 hours ago, jebrick said:

Can they please try Cam Sutton as  a punt returner.  I know I might regret losing the 2 yard return that Ice Cream Man had in this game but at this point I might want Cam Heyward as a punt returner.

nope, how about burns for punt returner. If Sutton gets hurt, then he can't play defence >:(

Might as well have DMC for the PR/KR, I agree

8 hours ago, kurgan said:

I can't wait to see the snap breakdown, but I think when Tuit went out, that Hargrave got a lot of subpackage snaps.  I know Alualu did as well, but even more reason that the Gravedigger needs to stay in Pittsburgh.

finally going to have Hargrave get his chance, and the team [plays more sub  than 2 gap base,  so we will see the force he can be in the front.  He caves in the pocket on passing downs.  

6 hours ago, jebrick said:

It’s the first time the Steelers had double digits in this statistical category since Week 1 of 2018 in the overtime tie against the Cleveland Browns.

does that even count? I mean the browns were still really bad weren't they? 

SUTTON SHOULD BE STARTING, SIGN PETITION NOW. BURNS ISN'T ALLOWED TO PLAY DEFENCE ANYMORE!