Week 6: Texans at Arrowhead GDT

onejayhawk

Just now, Bullyball said:

I have a thought and for those of you that get to see the team most often can probably answer this. With our linebackers sucking at both the run and pass, why not just have Ragland in. I know he's not the fastest guy and is not great in coverage but I think he'll be better at tackling and disengaging blocks than Neimann

At this point we have nothing to lose. He made a good play on that 3rd down at least. Niemann is terrible

3 minutes ago, Bullyball said:

I have a thought and for those of you that get to see the team most often can probably answer this. With our linebackers sucking at both the run and pass, why not just have Ragland in. I know he's not the fastest guy and is not great in coverage but I think he'll be better at tackling and disengaging blocks than Neimann

Mostly because Ragland hasn't been good in run support either. He's a better tackler than Lee or Wilson, but he has the same issue with filling gaps properly, and bigger issues with speed and athleticism that make him less likely to recover from his mistakes.

Basically, none of the options are good ones. I think Hitchens is actually our best LB right now, as bad as he has been the past year and a half. Lee and DOD can cover but have major size and tackling issues. Wilson looks completely lost out there. Ragland can tackle but has awareness and athletic limitations. Niemann is just entirely meh.

I said it last week, and it was doubted, but the format to beat us is so simple. Run the ball 45 times, control the clock and you will win. The D can't do anything to get off the field and the O line are awful. 

Honestly, this team has regressed in every single department from last year. Run game, O line, QB play (still very good), run D (worst I have ever witnessed), pass rush (quite literally non existent), kicking, special teams. It's bad. This is not a superbowl team as currently constructed. 

Just now, kempus said:

I said it last week, and it was doubted, but the format to beat us is so simple. Run the ball 45 times, control the clock and you will win. The D can't do anything to get off the field and the O line are awful. 

Honestly, this team has regressed in every single department from last year. Run game, O line, QB play (still very good), run D (worst I have ever witnessed), pass rush (quite literally non existent), kicking, special teams. It's bad. This is not a superbowl team as currently constructed. 

Definitely needs to be rejigged. Would take some major stones, but I'd be moving some pieces to try and get some picks in the 1st and 2nd round to build the line on both sides of the ball.

Defense: Just god awful and I honestly don't know if it can be salvaged this year.

Offense: Our RB had 9 total rushes. Freaking 9!!! Shady had 8 touches at 5.5ypc. Why aren't we running it earlier when we're successful doing it?! Run it more when it's working and don't abandon it.

I don't know if I want to watch Thursday.

1 minute ago, Habbsawce said:

Definitely needs to be rejigged. Would take some major stones, but I'd be moving some pieces to try and get some picks in the 1st and 2nd round to build the line on both sides of the ball.

We need to. If we lose this Thursday to Denver, we need to trade a player or two for picks. The upcoming draft is deep at OL and somewhat LB.