Week 6: Texans at Arrowhead GDT

onejayhawk

I think u have to start questioning Veach. I'd give him one more draft, but so far it just doesn't look good. The only position group that's better is the WR corp, but besides that it's either equal or worse. The draft last year didn't pan out so far and the writing is still on the wall for this years draft, but besides Thornhill i'm not to optimistic about it. More often than not we're not drafting BPA but players of need or reaching for potential. We're handing out big contracts that aren't good and are hindering the teams future. Frank Clark and Hitchens are the two that bother me the most, while we probably need to let Chris Jones go, because we can't pay him. Once we pay Mahomes big time, we need to hit the drafts and we need to be smart in free agency. Veach hasn't proven to be that guy, yet.

For this season i'm not sure what we can reach. 4-2 isn't looking to bad, but we're not beating the Patriots with this team. We can be happy, that the Chargers aren't playing that good as well so far, so we might be able to win the divison again. But that can't be the goal if u have Mahomes on a cheap contract on your roster. You need to get to the big game and u need to win it. It won't become easier than that in the future. Obviously as long as Mahomes is playing for us, we're going to have a shot, but we just can't waste any of his years.

8 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

We need to. If we lose this Thursday to Denver, we need to trade a player or two for picks. The upcoming draft is deep at OL and somewhat LB.

What's frightening to think of, is that management will feel they have to bring in guys pronto and will deal away our picks for questionable talent now.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Habbsawce said:

If he was healthy, but he's always hurt (including right now)

I know but the Chiefs have to do something to rebuild this defense. We need an athletic linebacker who can run, cover and tackle in the worst way and not one from the Cowboys, who are willing to let walk.