Week 6 - Rams vs 49ers

RamRod

1 minute ago, LeotheLion said:

Lol. We watched different games if you think the Rams got up for this game. 

So many chances though man. Fowler false start that allowed them to tie. The dropped pick six. The failed 4-1.. Bad teams don’t execute and that was us. We had plenty of chances to get back or be on top. But it’s painful to know that when it’s 3 and +6 we have no chance to convert 

Really disappointing game. Niners are for real, and that defense really is elite. We are not a great team this year like we were the past 2 years, unfortunately. There are a lot of games left to be played, but we really need to improve the O-line somehow (1st round pick next year? Trade for Trent Williams?) 

I'm starting to get really concerned that Todd Gurley and Jared Goff just signed massive contracts...could screw us for years to come the way things are looking. 

53 minutes ago, Flounch said:

As always, you are trying to compare situation that are no comparable. 

This season is over and we are not making the WC. In fact we didn't deserve to make a WC the way we play in offense and defense. 

We made a big mistake in the offseason not resigning SAffold or Sullivan. The OL is lacking of experience and is not talented enough. The depht was weak and it was predictable if injury happened it will be a disaster and that's what happened. 

We didn't adress our need in OL and LB in the draft. We are playing with Reeder at LB and he s very bad. 

Goff is regressing, he's no accurate anymore. He failed to connect long pass a dozen of time since the beginning of the season. Gurley is no more Gurley. 

And Mcvay has lost is genius. 

It's sad but this season is over. 

How is those situations not comparable? I even said last season the Eagles would get off to a slow start then catch fire as the season goes along and get into the playoffs. With the Rams, can you explain how the Rams started (3-0)? Do you think they just lucked up? If you think so then it was unlucky the Rams lost the way they did to the Seahawks? They could be sitting here (4-2) instead of (3-3). 

Now I get what you are saying about the oline. I dont think the Rams made a terrible decision on not resigning Saffold and Sullivan. Noteboom and Allen need to be groomed and I still trust the OL coach Kromer in knowing what he has. 

Like you never believed in the Rams to begin with this season so of course you will say the season is over. Its not. Just like everyone was crowning the Cowboys when they were (3-0) and bow they are (3-3) losing 3 straight too, Im not going to dismiss the Rams because they have hit a rough patch. Every time McVay and the offense lay an egg people want to say its over. They thought it was over when they scored 7pts in Minnesota in 2017. They thought it was over when the Rams scored 6pts in Chicago. They thought it was over when they scored 3pts in the Superbowl to the Patriots. If memory serves me correctly the Rams still averaged at least 30ppg after all those situations. So if you think after scoring 7pts today the Rams offense is going to fall off then I dont know what to tell you. Atlanta next week is a get right game for the Rams because they cant stop ANYONE on defense. You might as well pencil in 30pts for the Rams. 

@ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI @rocky_rams @LeotheLion Like I said come talk to me in 4 weeks if the Rams are sitting (6-3) if they beat the struggling Falcons, Bengals, and Steelers. I get it that every game is a big reaction. Yall want to wait and see but I trust in McVay and this team to right the ship instead of waiting till after the Steelers game and the Rams are sitting (6-3) and now saying ok we got this. Like yes I know the Rams didnt play their best game today. Do you think anyone is going to remember (3-3) 4 weeks from now if the Rams are sitting at (6-3). The only thing people will say is the Rams should be (7-2) if Zeurlein makes that field goal in Seattle on TNF. Ill panic if we cant beat the Bengals or the Steelers. The thing is, we have to temper our expectations in terms of wins/losses. The Rams can still go (10-6) imo even if nobody on this board believes it until it actually happens. Coming into the season I had the Rams (12-4) and thats assuming things break right for the Rams. They arent so far but I still say (10-6) but again Ill start to panic if the Rams cant beat the Bengals or the Steelers. Right now Im not panicking. The sky isnt falling because I strongly believe the Rams will be sitting here 4 weeks from now (6-3) and all will be right with the world.

Edited by stl4life07

2 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

How is those situations not comparable? I even said last season the Eagles would get off to a slow start then catch fire as the season goes along and get into the playoffs. ESPN did a simulator before the season started and predicted the Rams would start off winless through like their first 3 or so games then catch fire and get into the playoffs. It just so happens the Rams started the season (3-0) then lost three straight. Can you explain how the Rams started (3-0)? Do you think they just lucked up? If you think so then it was unlucky the Rams lost the way they did to the Seahawks or they will be sitting here (4-2) instead of (3-3). 

Now I get what you are saying about the oline. I dont think the Rams made a terrible decision on not resigning Saffold and Sullivan. Noteboom and Allen need to be groomed and I still trust the OL coach Kromer in knowing what he has. 

Like you never believed in the Rams to begin with this season so of course you will say the season is over. Its not. Just like everyone was crowning the Cowboys when they were (3-0) and bow they are (3-3) losing 3 straight too, Im not going to dismiss the Rams because they have hit a rough patch. Every time McVay and the offense lay an egg people want to say its over. They thought it was over when they scored 7pts in Minnesota in 2017. They thought it was over when the Rams scored 6pts in Chicago. They thought it was over when they scored 3pts in the Superbowl to the Patriots. If memory serves me correctly the Rams still averaged at least 30ppg after all those situations. So if you think after scoring 7pts today the Rams offense is going to fall off then I dont know what to tell you. Atlanta next week is a get right game for the Rams because they cant stop ANYONE on defense. You might as well pencil in 30pts for the Rams. 

@ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI @rocky_rams @LeotheLion Like I said come talk to me in 4 weeks if the Rams are sitting (6-3) if they beat the struggling Falcons, Bengals, and Steelers. I get it that every game is a big reaction. Yall want to wait and see but I trust in McVay and this team to right the ship instead of waiting till after the Steelers game and the Rams are sitting (6-3) and now saying ok we got this. Like yes I know the Rams didnt play their best game today. Do you think anyone is going to remember (3-3) 4 weeks from now if the Rams are sitting at (6-3). The only thing people will say is the Rams should be (7-2) if Zeurlein makes that field goal in Seattle on TNF. Ill panic if we cant beat the Bengals or the Steelers. The thing is, we have to temper our expectations in terms of wins/losses. The Rams can still go (10-6) imo even if nobody on this board believes it until it actually happens. Coming into the season I had the Rams (12-4) and thats assuming things break right for the Rams. They arent so far but I still say (10-6) but again Ill start to panic if the Rams cant beat the Bengals or the Steelers. Right now Im not panicking. The sky isnt falling because I strongly believe the Rams will be sitting here 4 weeks from now (6-3) and all will be right with the world.

It’s not just about the record or stats dude. It’s HOW they are losing. They funneled max contracts for Goff, Gurley, Cooks which may seem like overpaying. They’re cash strapped because they went all in this year. They should beat the crap teams. 

But if you look at our division the Seahawks and Niners have a better record and what seems like better overall teams. 

It’s not just about wins and losses. It’s about how they lose

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

It’s not just about the record or stats dude. It’s HOW they are losing. They funneled max contracts for Goff, Gurley, Cooks which may seem like overpaying. They’re cash strapped because they went all in this year. They should beat the crap teams. 

But if you look at our division the Seahawks and Niners have a better record and what seems like better overall teams. 

It’s not just about wins and losses. It’s about how they lose

I dont think the Seahawks are better than the Rams. They played the perfect game at home against the Rams and was fortunate Zeurlein missed a field goal he normally makes. Now Ill give you Niners team were the better team today. Lets not act like the Niners beat the Rams down. The Rams had their opportunities early to take the lead and they had opportunities late to make it interesting but literally kept coming up short. 

To me its about the record. Like I legit dont care how a team wins as long as they win. The Chiefs lost today and Mahomes threw for 300yds and 3tds. You think the Chiefs fans care about that? All the care about is the Chiefs lost 2 in a row and shouldve been 3 in a row if Mahomes didnt get 9yds on 4th and 8 in Detroit. You think Cowboys fans care about the stats Dak is putting up because the Cowboys lost 3 straight and you want to talk about a bad loss, losing to the Jets is a bad loss. So again I could care less how the Rams win as long as they do. Can the Rams play better? Yes but again talk to me 4 weeks from now if the Rams are sitting (6-3) and I could care less how they get to that record. So yes Id love for the Rams to beat the crap out of teams but more than anything I just want a win and I could care less how it happens. 

As for you saying the Rams are cash strapped. Im a firm believer that if the Rams wanted to make moves they could. Teams can move money around to create room and if the Rams lets say want to go get a Trent Williams, they could. So I dont think they are cash strapped. 

Edited by stl4life07

On 10/11/2019 at 10:05 PM, N4L said:

KYLE SHANAHAN >>>>> SEAN MCVAY

Just gonna point this out again. 

On 10/9/2019 at 9:26 PM, jrry32 said:

They're good. But McVay won't let us drop this one.

Just gonna quote this, and say that everett had 2 catches for 9 yards, and then leave you alone lol

13 hours ago, Riftty said:

This is no slander against the 49ers but I don't think we lose this game at all. I'm feeling very confident. As Rammy would say, they don't want none of this smoke.

We just got beat by the bucs and then lost a close game that could have been ours...on the road on a short week. That banged up our team bad, best believe our boys are coming out hungry as hell. 

This is Goffs time. Picture Goku on namek, beat to hell going super Saiyan. That's Goff, he is doing it.

Goff stats for this game 28/41 385 yards 4 TDs 0 Ints. Book it

Rams 35 Wieners 17

Ohhh man this is funny in hindsight. The only thing that could make this performance by goff is giving him 100m ... whoops

1 hour ago, rocky_rams said:

McVay didn’t get “exposed.” He’s a good coach who lacks experience. 

Most coaches faced adversity before success and he happened to be successful from the beginning, which almost always leads to an inflated ego. 

He has to humble up his game and stop always trying to be an innovator when sometimes the easiest answer is something that’s been done before 

Absolutely correct. Its been easy street for the rams for two years basically. I said last year that your team hadnt faced any true adversity yet, and that the niners have had nothing but adversity since shanahan was hired. I think you can see now, the experience of losing can be more valuable than the experience of winning. I dont think mcvay really knows how to play from behind. I dont think he knows what to do when things start to snowball. He was out classed today. Your offense was completely shut down in the second half and he had no answer to it. we were one step ahead

The posts about Goff needing good protection are 100% accurate. He is a little soft tbh and is starting to feel the pressure immensely. Ive said in the past that Goff is who the rams thought they were getting when they took Sam Bradford. Both guys have good arms and can make every throw when you give them time and they are comfortable. Bradford took too many hits and lost his confidence. The same thing could happen to Goff, except mcvay needs to realize this and just lean on that run game. He needs to put the training wheels back on and treat him like a rookie right now. 

He is rushing his throws because he doesnt think he has time and its causing passes to sail. I mean, how the hell did he not hit everett at the end of this game? That was pathetic tbh. 

Anyways, I came here to gloat and I dialed it back when I saw how dejected all of you are. tough loss for sure, but I dont expect this to be the end of your season. 

• Like 1