Week 6 - Rams vs 49ers

RamRod

5 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Very on brand.

10 minutes ago, N4L said:

and I dialed it back when I saw how dejected all of you are. tough loss for sure, but I dont expect this to be the end of your season. 

Hey man, theres nothing ive said that crossed a line. Even in the pregame stuff I was sticking to the facts. 

Its all in good fun, at least, I know I had fun. 

1 minute ago, N4L said:

Hey man, theres nothing ive said that crossed a line. Even in the pregame stuff I was sticking to the facts. 

Never said you crossed the line. I expected you to come and gloat because that appeared to be the type of poster you are. So like I said, on brand. 

I don't get the people that feel the need to gloat anonymously after a win but whatever. I'll just mute you so I can read actual football talk going forward. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LeotheLion said:

Never said you crossed the line. I expected you to come and gloat because that appeared to be the type of poster you are. So like I said, on brand. 

I don't get the people that feel the need to gloat anonymously after a win but whatever. I'll just mute you so I can read actual football talk going forward. 

Reading it again, you're right, my post was in poor taste. I was a little excited, understandably. My apologies. Have a football for your trouble. 

1 hour ago, N4L said:

You have every right to gloat. Your team kicked our teams ***. And I know, for a fact, that if it was the other way around, that something similar would happen from some fans on our side. 

Its a good feeling when your team does well so I don’t blame you at all. 

But...just like you can dish it, be ready to take it as well. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

But...just like you can dish it, be ready to take it as well. 

Thats never been in doubt!

You guys have punched us a few times the last two years. This was the first time we punched back. Now its a real rivalry! Should be exciting for the next 30 years with these two young 30-something year old coaches. I cant see a scenario where either gets fired anytime soon. 

8 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

We had like 25 yards in the 2nd half. This was as thorough of a beat down you will see. 

Yeah but you could also look and say the Rams missed so many opportunities in that game too. I was talking to my friend who watched the game as well and he has no dog in the fight. As a matter of fact he is a Saints fan and hate the Rams. Outside of the Saints he grew up liking the Niners, but he came away saying that 1st half the Rams shouldve been winning had it not been for some missed opportunities. Like the Rams shouldve been up 17-7 at halftime. Two times they were in scoring position in the 1st half. The first time they got pushed back due to self inflicted penalties. The second time they just couldnt get one yard or rather inches to score the td. Like even if we dont even look at that first missed opportunity, can should say that had the Rams got that td by Brown and was up 14-7 at halftime, the game sorta feels different. Now in the 2nd half, right out of the gates Henderson fumbles and it sets the Niners up on a short field and they capitalize on a Jimmy G QB sneak that again Ill say, are you sure he got in? But thats irrelevant because the td stood and the Niners led 14-7 which again shouldve been 14-14 if Brown scores that td in the 1st half. Like in a game like yesterday every opportunity counted and the Rams didnt take advantage of them when it presented itself. It was uncharacteristic of the Rams yesterday especially in the 2nd half where the Rams have been so good at making adjustments. 

8 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Yeah but you could also look and say the Rams missed so many opportunities in that game too. I was talking to my friend who watched the game as well and he has no dog in the fight. As a matter of fact he is a Saints fan and hate the Rams. Outside of the Saints he grew up liking the Niners, but he came away saying that 1st half the Rams shouldve been winning had it not been for some missed opportunities. Like the Rams shouldve been up 17-7 at halftime. Two times they were in scoring position in the 1st half. The first time they got pushed back due to self inflicted penalties. The second time they just couldnt get one yard or rather inches to score the td. Like even if we dont even look at that first missed opportunity, can should say that had the Rams got that td by Brown and was up 14-7 at halftime, the game sorta feels different. Now in the 2nd half, right out of the gates Henderson fumbles and it sets the Niners up on a short field and they capitalize on a Jimmy G QB sneak that again Ill say, are you sure he got in? But thats irrelevant because the td stood and the Niners led 14-7 which again shouldve been 14-14 if Brown scores that td in the 1st half. Like in a game like yesterday every opportunity counted and the Rams didnt take advantage of them when it presented itself. It was uncharacteristic of the Rams yesterday especially in the 2nd half where the Rams have been so good at making adjustments. 

I feel like you can say the same about the 49ers. They got no points from the 1 and had big drops from Coleman and Goodwin that could have added more points. 

I understand your premise but we can't just say the Rams win if they made plays while also ignoring how many plays the 49ers blew. It was a weird game but what was consistent is our offense after the first drive was awful. 

• Like 2

Ill say this though within context, I look at it like this, we scored 40pts at home against the Bucs and only allowed 20pts at home against the Niners. We should win both those games. Like seriously. If I was to tell you before the season started we are going to be at home and score 40pts against the Bucs you will say thats a win. If I say we will be at home and only allow the Niners to score 20pts you will say again thats a win. Sandwich in both those games, if I was to say we are at Seattle and Zeurlein is lining up for a 44yd field goal to win the game, you will say the Rams win that game because you will have confidence in him nailing it. Thats how I see it. Its not all doom and gloom. Yes the Rams have things to work on but they can and I expect that they will easily get back on track over the next month. 

@N4L Congrats on the Niners winning. Im still not going to say Kyle is better than McVay. It had alot to do with your defense stepping up. The Niners team averaged 200yds rushing before yesterday only mustered 99yds. Jimmy G turned the ball over twice. Thanks to the Niners defense the Rams didnt capitalize on those two takeaways. So it had more to do with the DC Robert Saleh. Like they showed him so much yesterday that literally I got tired of seeing his face lol. So yesterday had nothing to do with Kyle because the Niners really didnt do anything special on offense. Looking forward to the next meeting where hopefully both Kyle and McVay have better success on offense and we can see a game in the 30s for both teams and it be a shootout rather than a low scoring game. Hurt my fantasy week that could legit cost me the win if ARod doesnt go off tonight with like at least 35 fantasy points lol. 

6 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I feel like you can say the same about the 49ers. They got no points from the 1 and had big drops from Coleman and Goodwin that could have added more points. 

I understand your premise but we can't just say the Rams win if they made plays while also ignoring how many plays the 49ers blew. It was a weird game but what was consistent is our offense after the first drive was awful. 

I agree. We have to look at both sides. So thats fair. Ill just say that after yesterday Im glad the Rams have the Falcons and Bengals the next two weeks to get their offense back on track. The only thing Im worried about it the Falcons offense. It could be a shootout but in terms of the Rams having a tough day on offense, what better two teams to play the next two weeks to get your offense going than the Falcons and Bengals? If the Rams struggle on offense against the Falcons then even I cant find anything positive about that lol. But I do think the next 3 games will basically decide the Rams season. 

3 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

The Rams didn't have any more missed opportunities than the Niners. In fact, I could say it should have been 17-7 Niners at halftime if Jimmy G doesn't throw a RZ INT and Gould hits the FG. Point is, both missed out on some opportunities but the Niners were in complete control the entire 2nd half. The TOP after three quarters was like 30 to 15 in SF's favor and the total yardage was 300 to 121. That right there is domination even if the score doesn't reflect it. Both teams played far from a clean game and that is understandable with all the injuries. But I was pleasantly surprised our OL held up somewhat decent against your front with both starting tackles out and then having to deal with Donald. 

Damm these niner fans really flexing after 2 years in the gutter huh. Makes me regret not going to their forum and going King Kong on them lol. Enjoy boys enjoy. I’m just going to lower my expectations of this team and enjoy week by week. Hope the boys recover and rip off many wins. 10 straight wins or so is not out of the picture if they start clicking. But Goff’s issues are a huge liability at the moment. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Damm these niner fans really flexing after 2 years in the gutter huh. Makes me regret not going to their forum and going King Kong on them lol. Enjoy boys enjoy. I’m just going to lower my expectations of this team and enjoy week by week. Hope the boys recover and rip off many wins. 10 straight wins or so is not out of the picture if they start clicking. But Goff’s issues are a huge liability at the moment. 

Get it straight...been more like 5 years. 2 years under shanny, a horrible year under chip, a horrible year under Tomsula, plus Harbaugh's last year. Been a long time for a lot of these fans. 

1 hour ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

We have been in the gutter a lot longer than 2 years. Only thing is, you guys had to deal with Fisher so you guys were right in the gutter with us but just didn't realize it lol.

And really one person is truly flexing. Others like myself expect to beat the "SAME OLE SORRY RAMS!!!!!"

Haha, all kidding aside, you guys should handle business properly the next few weeks. Defense is legit and will keep you in games. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

We have been in the gutter a lot longer than 2 years. Only thing is, you guys had to deal with Fisher so you guys were right in the gutter with us but just didn't realize it lol.

And really one person is truly flexing. Others like myself expect to beat the "SAME OLE SORRY RAMS!!!!!"

Haha, all kidding aside, you guys should handle business properly the next few weeks. Defense is legit and will keep you in games. 

Lol. I see you J. First you’re a warriors band wagon fan and then the wherever Lebron goes. I see right thru you. Anyhow cpu should be here in 2 weeks. Enjoy the ride my son.. Enjoy it.

you and n4l will get theirs. 

10 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Lol. I see you J. First you’re a warriors band wagon fan and then the wherever Lebron goes. I see right thru you. Anyhow cpu should be here in 2 weeks. Enjoy the ride my son.. Enjoy it.

you and n4l will get theirs. 

Don't embarrass yourself any more. 

Don't make me bring up your posts from the last week and how you came crying like a lost puppy before the 4th quarter admitting defeat and losing complete faith in your squad. YOU are ready to give in on the season already. Smh!!

• Like 1